Jibber Jabber

Draidden

image.png.097e1d2cad25a6b209702477e5bf6224.png

Apologies, players. I am new to the layout, so when this advert popped up, I am embarrassed to say I do not know where to go and post questions to the GM. The old layout had a thread for the advert page itself, but the only nongame thread I found was this Jibber Jabber ooc thread. But I do not see new posts by inquiring prospective players, and I am uncertain if I walked into the right room.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the Character Creation rules! Thanks, Magiker! Here they are:

All races/classes from the PHB are just fine, and if you want to ask about others from other books you can go ahead and make a request. I've got Xanathar's Guide, but that's about it as far as the others go. If you want a class or race from another book, you'll need to give me a rundown on everything about them so I can make a determination. Just cut/paste at the end of your Character Sheet or something.

As far as formatting your character sheet, this is my preferred style - please do your best to craft something similar. That way I know where everything is without hunting all over the place for abilities, feats, saves, etc. It'd be much appreciated and will certain make your character more likely to be chosen if I get a lot of interest in the game!

For attributes, let's use the following rules:

1) Roll 4d6 for each and drop the lowest result from one of those dice. You can place them anywhere you'd like. If you are REALLY unlucky and wind up with a total of +2 or less for the sum of your modifiers, go ahead and roll once more. But only once! Then you can go to option 2 below.

2) If you don't like your results from rolling the dice, go ahead and create a character using the point buy system.

3) If you've got a RANDOMLY rolled character with a total of +2 or less for the sum of your modifiers, but you want to go ahead and play them, I'll let you choose a bonus feat as a reward!

That's all I've got so far... More questions are certainly welcome!

Edited by Stiehle (see edit history)

If I remember correctly, he is giving you the choice. Either you can roll and take what you get or you can take the average.

I say this because I went back and looked at each character and when we gained 2nd level I rolled and others took the average.

9 hours ago, Stiehle said:

Yep, this is it and the new layout confuses the hell out of me too! I spent a half hour trying to figure out to recruit new players into my game. :)

I guess that makes both of us learning then, lol.

Correct, the setting is the World of Greyhawk, specifically somewhere north of Lake Udrukankar, many leagues to the south across the Dry Steppes. The party had been part of a desert caravan bound from Zeif to the distant market city of Kanak when they were hit by a terrible sandstorm...

3 hours ago, Stiehle said:

Correct, the setting is the World of Greyhawk, specifically somewhere north of Lake Udrukankar, many leagues to the south across the Dry Steppes. The party had been part of a desert caravan bound from Zeif to the distant market city of Kanak when they were hit by a terrible sandstorm...

Ah I remember that premise from reading the Adventure Thread. Those names sound like they can come straight out of Conan.

Edited by Ensou (see edit history)