The Mead Hall (OOC)

Ace Bronson

Not sure where to put it, so here it is:

Hjarlof Skald LV5

HP+9, SP+10

Skills Increased: Diplomacy+1r, Heal+1r, Know(Arcana, History & Nature)+1r, Linguistics(Aquan)+1r, Perf(Sing)+1r, Survival+1r,

Back Ground Skills: Perf(Wind)+1r, Lore (Epics of Jarnheim)+1r

Learned "Calm Emotions", +2 Rounds Raging Song, New Feat: Skald's Vigor (Fast Healing while using Raging Song = to STR bonus of Inspired Rage, Self Only)

New Ability: Rousing Retort (when starting a Raging Song use 4r Rage, 60'radius, Allies get new save vs ongoing Enchantment or fear effect @+2)

Edited by Xssisha
Added Skills Upped (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Xssisha said:

Not sure where to put it, so here it is:

Hjarlof Skald LV5

HP+9, SP+10

Learned "Calm Emotions", +2 Rounds Raging Song, New Feat: Skald's Vigor (Fast Healing while using Raging Song = to STR bonus of Inspired Rage, Self Only)

New Ability: Rousing Retort (when starting a Raging Song use 4r Rage, 60'radius, Allies get new save vs ongoing Enchantment or fear effect @+2)

Cool. Thanks for sharing. It's helpful for me to see the changes.

Entering mine too:
Lvl 5 Rogue (Unchained)
HP +8 (5 Average, 2 Con, 1 FCB)
10 Skill Points (Acrobatics, Bluff, Climb, Craft Carpenter, Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Use Magic Device, Knowledge(Arcana))
Feat: Arcane Strike (From Minor Magic)
Skill Unlock: Acrobatics
Sneak Attack 3d6

@Ace Bronson My plan with Goran was to continue into Barbarian, but seeing as that we already have two and a half other barbarians, I was thinking, instead, I'd try to help fill the divine magic gap we have in our group and instead start leveling in Feral Champion Warpriest.

Would you mind if I swapped out a barbarian trait that gives me extra rounds of rage for 'Magical Knack', to instead shore up my caster level a bit?

My thought is that I can RP Goran as having developed some contention with a particular god, whose decided to make him an ambassador of sorts, in spite of Goran, thereby granting him some divine magic but also more enmity toward the gods.

It might also allay some of the imbalance issues in combat, without nerfing the character, as Goran will have other responsibilities beyond mauling, thereby making his bear form less of an immediate priority everytime.

Scratch all that Lol... Forgot this game has class restrictions.

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

Leveled up

Goran: LV 5 - Shifter 4 / Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist) 1
HP +10 / SP +5 (Intimidate, Survival, Stealth, Perception, Kn. Nature) / Background = (Craft, Kn. Geography)
(I changed one of my background skills from Handle Animal to Kn. Geography.... Let me know if I should revert it.)
BAB +1 / FORT +2

Fast Movement: (Speed = 50ft)

RAGE: (9 rds/day)
Level 5 FEAT: Improved Grapple

On 2/2/2024 at 9:07 PM, Eborne1 said:

@Ace Bronson My plan with Goran was to continue into Barbarian, but seeing as that we already have two and a half other barbarians, I was thinking, instead, I'd try to help fill the divine magic gap we have in our group and instead start leveling in Feral Champion Warpriest.

Would you mind if I swapped out a barbarian trait that gives me extra rounds of rage for 'Magical Knack', to instead shore up my caster level a bit?

My thought is that I can RP Goran as having developed some contention with a particular god, whose decided to make him an ambassador of sorts, in spite of Goran, thereby granting him some divine magic but also more enmity toward the gods.

Given the "no flashy magic rule" I don't see a lot that a full Divine Caster can bring to the party (aside from the higher level Mass Cure, Heal, and Restoration spells) that your local Skald (with a Heal Skill Bonus of +10 for actual injuries, and songs to soothe the soul) can't do. 😎

• 2 weeks later...
ร—
ร—