The Mead Hall (OOC)

Ace Bronson

Please us know when the first group should post again. Being new to the game, I'm not positive how this was handled in the past.

I just don't want to post too soon. Thanks! 😀

Past the very beginning of the the first round (where only PCs with high Init rolls act), PCs act as a block, so you can post again.

4 hours ago, Terran said:

I thought the DM might post the results of the last round of PC attacks in a post before we go to Round 2 since it's important to know if anyone was injured, etc.?

Sorry, perhaps I should have. I do typically do something to that effect but I guess since nothing much happened I didn't make a full post. I made quick OOC updates in Discord. Everyone one across the board has missed so far. And namo is correct about combat initiative. from here on out the party acts as a block and then the enemy acts as a block. Sorry for the confusion.

DM - The Crit Threat initial attack roll obviously hits Ulfgrim this round, but for the future are you sure that sickened foes who can't attack count as active flankers for the +2 bonus?

I think they're nauseated?

Nauseated

Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.

Also

You threaten all squares into which you can make an attack.

QED: if you can't attack you can't threaten?

I had assumed it was fine for them to do that because it wasn't prohibited. Now that you ask I googled it. We aren't the first to have the question. There isn't a clear ruling. People argue both sides of it. seems like more people think that you can't flank based on Sven's logic. I don't have strong feelings about it. If you all think they shouldn't that's fine and we can move forward under that assumption. I will say though, if I was fighting someone and there was a guy directly behind me that might projectile vomit on me at any point I might feel a little distracted. :D

5 minutes ago, Ace Bronson said:

if I was fighting someone and there was a guy directly behind me that might projectile vomit on me at any point I might feel a little distracted

😄 I thought it would still count as flanking, then I saw that argument. As long as you throw some stinking clouds back at us it seems fair either way. I'd love to see some mundane source of it, like a nasty old jar of fermented Rakfisk thrown at the party!

1 hour ago, Kistler said:

throw some stinking clouds back at us

Fool! You have doomed us!

(Well, OK, perhaps only Vilrun since everybody else will have good Fort saves 😆)

I would like to try burning my compliment of spells on cures once this battle is done. I want to see roughly how much healing I can actually put out solo, if that is ok with the other casters.

Edit: My first time playing a skald/bard... or any caster actually

Edited by Xssisha (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Xssisha said:

I would like to try burning my compliment of spells on cures once this battle is done. I want to see roughly how much healing I can actually put out solo, if that is ok with the other casters.

That's fine with me. It will be the last encounter for the day so you don't need to worry about saving spell resources.

14 hours ago, Xssisha said:

We'll have to make sure we take some more damage to make it a valid test!

ร—
ร—