The First Step to Infinity

Witchslasher

088270482b0ccb380ab541335f2995d9.jpg

The cadre that made their way to the tower was small. Travel in small groups was necessary in this world as too many moving together could easily attract the attention of a Leviathan if they were to stumble into the monster's domain. It took entire cities of mortals that were ready and willing to stand up against an assault just to hope to repel the power the Leviathan's had, a large group of weary travelers would be doomed in such an encounter. Smaller groups could be save. Missives had been sent all through the land with a plan, a hope, a whispered dream that perhaps there was now a way. The infinite tower that was erected seemed to hold the key. For decades it was a mystery as to how to enter it, but that part of the mystery at least seemed to had been solved within the last year.

Powerful artifacts, blessed by gods, from the past when magic was strong could be brought to the tower and it seemed to activate key fissures to open the path. Only those who held them could enter into the tower and those that were left behind had no idea what exactly happened once they traveled through is golden gate and into the beyond. It was hope though and right now, that was in short supply so it had to be caressed and cared for like a newborn baby. Those who brought the artifacts to the temple, along with whatever small group from their homeland, could see that the theory of gathering the items was, indeed, the correct one. As they walked onto the torn and weathered flooring that adorned the floor leading to the entry way, pedestals came to life and displayed mortal forms fifteen feet tall that held or wore those same artifacts that they themselves now possessed. The shifted and reformed moment to moment. Infinite generations that had held these most powerful objects.

The doorway shimmered and pulsed as each pedestal activated it seemed to call out to them to step through. It wasn't a request or a summon.. It was something different.. It was a challenge to take a chance and undo that which was done so long ago.

OOC

It's an in game post!

Let's just set the scene and start getting into character. If your character came alone, that's fine. However if your character came with others (which I encourage), name them on some level and I'll take them over as NPCs within the scene.

Let me know if you have questions. You're more or less just in a big room as pictured. Those watery images are what I described above as giant versions of humanoids that wield the artifacts your characters presently possess.

Theron Jheliar - Human Blood Hunter/Rogue (Inquisitor)imageedit_2_2085839441.jpg.3a0c406a3aab47b165af1d198981ea15.jpg

AC: 16 | HP: 55/55 | HD: 5/5d10 + 2/2d8 Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 19 | Passive Investigation: 16

Saves: Str +1 / Dex +7 / Con +2 / Int +4 / Wis +4 / Cha +0 | Blood Maledict: 2/2

Conditions/Effects: None

The church had insisted Theron have a retinue, ignoring his protests on the matter. They had traveled far and despite not being one for company, Theron ultimately decided he was at least somewhat glad to have had them come with. When they reached the tower, the door was sealed. Their priest, Norik, deciphered the script on the doorway and instructed Theron to pull out Penance. Theron did so, and script around the doorway reacted and the door slid open. The rest of the group drew weapons even as Norik cast a light spell. Theron drew a glowing rapier from his quiver, sheathing it in a strange half sheath in his belt. The group searched the area until they found the gateway and the statues. Theron immediately recognized Penance wielded by one of them. He did not recognize any of the others. Once the group had decided there was no imminent threat, they broke a partial camp as they waited for others to arrive. It was an ambitious plan, gathering a handful of artifact wielders together to enter the gateway, but it was the best one that had been devised thus far. While Theron did not exactly like having to rely on the church retinue, he relished the idea of relying on total strangers even less. Theron spent his time alternating between sorting bundles of bolts and moving them between the compartments of his magical quiver and studying the statues and the room itself.

Church Retinue

• Norik (Priest, Cleric of Pelor - Level 3 Light Domain, Old Human Male)
• Anduren (Guardian, Paladin of Pelor - Level 5 Oath of Devotion, Middle-Aged Human Male)
• Paul, Kurtis (Initiates, Fighters - Level 1, Young Human Males)
• Inarin (Initiate, Fighter - Level 1, Young Half-Elf Male)
• Lissa (Inquisitor Initiate, Blood Hunter - Level 3 Ghostslayer Hunter Order, Young Human Female)

Edited by Lumovanis (see edit history)

image.png.4ba95624ff403f02756f041ff17fb424.png

Kuro Tenshi
Aasimar  Hexblade 3/Divine Soul 4 7 CN/CG

AC 18 HP 48/48 Speed 30ft 

Str 8 (-1) Dex 16 (3) Con 14 (2) Wis 10 (0) Int 10 (0) Cha 18 (4)

Pact Slots: 2 (level 2) Spells Slots: 4/3, Condition/Mood: 

A trio of black haired ashen skinned individuals came in visual range of the tower. At the center a tall man who face seemed youthful but he had an air of aged wisdom to him as if he's been around for a while was wearing black feather adorned studded leather armor over some traveling clothes. A dark longsword hung on his belt on one side and a black metallic rod with a tip that had three curved extensions like a grasping three point claw hung on the other. A shield was strapped to his backpack keeping his arm free. Next to him on his right a slightly more muscular male who was wearing a breastplate, longsword and shield was watching for everything that was in range his dark eyes darting around as he was watchful.  On the left was a female who seemed bookish but graceful, her darkened gray robes slightly shortened so that they didn't drag in the ground and proper traveling footwear was on her feet so it seemed she was able to get around without difficulty and her eyes were looking around with a sort of curious look 

"Welp, we're here... my children..." The tall man in a cool and playful but wised up male voice stated

"yes Grandfather this is supposedly where it all began right..." The female answered expressing a familiar link to the first man

The second male grunted "a tower that was told to be the once home of a mentally disturbed wizard who open a rift that unleashed the monsters that plague our world." He stated seriously with a hint of distaste then growled in slight anger and you could sense a dark aura of anger seem to surge  "you know my biggest question Pop is why did no one stop him from doing that."

"A good question my son..." The tall male voice stated revealing a familiar link to the second male  "quite honestly I had that thought go through my head multiple times when I first came to this world but considering everything my answer was if a person was as powerful as he was to be able to do this, who could have stopped him clearly he made some sort of deal for his research and as I like to say, you dig too deep into the pit of knowledge you're libel to bury yourself.

"yeah and almost take everyone else out at the same time..." The serious male grunted "and those that survive have to clean up your shit." He groaned "oh what I wouldn't give to go back in time and blast the fool before he did it."

"be careful for what you wish for Father." The female voice sang putting the connection that the second male was the young woman's father

"yes son be careful with wishes like that. You might just trigger something." The cool male voice stated. 

"yeah yeah yeah..." The male grunted "anyways what are supposed to do here anyhow to get access to the tower."

"What did that letter say again Surina." The tall male stated

Surina made a noise as she reached into her pack and pulled out a piece of parchment. "The missive we got was that we were to bring any found artifact to the tower." She hummed then looked at her grandfather "but I don't understand grandfather Kuro, do we have an artifact? 

"we do..." The tall man now identified as Kuro stated  

"huh? Where?" The second male stated as he looked around 

"I'm wearing it." Kuro stated then tapped his armor

"wha?" The second male stated as he tapped his father's armor "this armor set you said it was from your home world."

"Indeed Moro..." Kuro stated "it's been revealed that it's of this world. I mistook it for another armor like item of my world. It is not the flight training armor I thought it was"

"So it doesn't help you fly huh?" Moro muttered "shame, what does it do."

"well it's enhanced armor for sure." Kuro stated "that enchantment easy to tell the minute you put it on but what I didn't detect before was how it has protective magic to keep a fatal blow from killing you."

"What's it got Death Ward on it or something." Moro muttered as he studied it 

Kuro hummed "not quite, but it does buy you time for outside healing to save your hide."

Moro frowned at the idea of outside healing "death ward is better." He stated 

Kuro hummed "true but anyhow supposedly the gate reacts to the artifacts and enough have to be gathered to open it."

Moro growled "so now we have to wait for others to show up?"

"yep..." was the smooth reply

Moro growled "and while I'm waiting out here, a leviathan could be heading towards home..."

Surina sighed "Grandfather said you didn't have to come with Father and said he could handle the trip by himself. I'm only here because I wanted to be"

Moro gave his daughter a look "yeah I know, your mother was quite upset to find you leaving with Kuro without telling us. You're lucky I was in the mood for a journey myself."

Kuro looked at his granddaughter in shock "and here I thought you got permission." He gave a smirk to his granddaughter "you little troublemaker..." He stated "you know I've always told you to obey your parents, Surina."

Surina pouted slightly "so I wanted to go see what the tower was about. I was curious... and I thought if I asked, it would be forbidden. So I thought, sneak out, keep Grandpa company and... just take punishment later if grandpa didn't cover me..." She giggled 

"uh huh..." Both Kuro and Moro growled in varying tones then looked at each other "She's a Tenshi." Both stated 

Surina giggled then hummed in attentiveness as she turned to face a direction

"What is it Surina." Both Kuro and Moro stated 

Surina made a noise as she pointed "Someone already here look."

All look in the direction of the point to see a door had been opened in the tower

Kuro hummed "seems like someone beat us to the punch..." He stated 

Moro growled "good I was not looking forward to waiting." 

Surina hummed "what do we do..."

Kuro hummed "approach, keep it cool, but armaments at ready." He worked with his shield and equipped it to his left arm. His rod going into his hand 

Moro hummed as he adjusted his shield and sword to be at ready himself

Surina made a noise as she pulled out a wand. "Infinitus Magus Arma!" She called out then mage armor surged around her

Kuro blinked "when you learn Infinite Mage Armor Surina."

Surina giggled "I might have borrowed your tome in preparation for this... Grandpa... it was nice to read, your voice even spoke to me and had me properly pronounce the words 

"I was wondering who was borrowing my book." Kuro muttered

"and I was wondering why the voice was snickering in my mind saying it's influence was growing in my family." Moro growled "Surina... what did we just say about pit of knowledge."

"don't let it bury you." Surina chirped "and I only have a small spade... for easy magic."

Both groaned 

Kuro hummed "putting that aside let's go my children."

The trio would approach and note the camp of Pelorian 

"Who are they." Moro muttered to Kuro 

"Pelorians I think..." Kuro muttered "followers of Pelor."

Surina moaned "that's a good god." 

Moro huffed "uh huh..." 

~~~

Kuro's Children on hand

(Moro Tenshi, Aasimar (Radiant Soul) Hexblade Warlock 1/Paladin Oath of Glory 4)

(Surina Tenshi, Aasimar (Radiant Soul) Divine Soul Sorcerer 4) 

38213aae0915154f1613a5f4409dc14a.jpg.e9a679e92003f56e23e1502fbb95cefd.jpgZai'el the Tainted (Half Drow Warlock)

AC: 17   | HP: 45/45   |    HD: 7d8 of 7d8   |  Initiative: +1   |   Passive Perception: 16   |    Passive Investigation: 13

Pact Magic: 2 of 2 (Spell Level 3)    Spell Save DC: 16   Spell Attack: +8 | Divine Spells - level 1: 2 of 2     Spell Save DC: 14   Spell Attack: +6

Recover 1 Pact Spell: 1/1  |  Misty Step: 1/1  |  Bless: 1/1  |  Darkness: 1/1  Faerie Fire: 1/1  |  Message: 5/5  |   Healing Light: 6d6

Saves: Str -1 / Dex +1 / Con +1 / Int +0 / Wis +6 / Cha +7  |  Devil's SightYou can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120 feet.    Eldritch MindYou have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell.    Armor of Shadows  |  Conditions/Effects: None

The Outlanders

A group of outcasts who live together, but apart from the rest of society.  They are;

Zai'el the Tainted: In service to the "gods" but 'tainted' by his Half Drow heritage.

Ky'Rhale the Woodsman: An Elven Ranger of the deep-woods.

Cellesta the Mad: Half insane human Aberrant Mind Sorcerer.

Korgan Dragonborn: Dragonborn Paladin 'of the Green'

It had been 'calling' out to this place, drawing him toward the tower since the day he first touched it.  Now, the tower was but a few hundred yards away, seen above the tree-line.  "Be this the place?" Korgan the Dragonborn asked.

"It is.  It must be." Zai'el replied feeling the 'weight' of the artifact that he possessed, drawing him here.  It wasn't all that long ago that he and his 'merry' band of outcasts had driven back the dead from the Hors'Modan crypts, a vile place from an ancient time centered neatly between two cities and a peaceful town, all of which had been reporting horrors that could only have been from the crypts.  The Natural Order had been disrupted and Korgan had felt it and, with no other matters of importants at hand, he and his band of Outlanders traveled to Hors'Modan to find out exactly what was going on.  And by the gods, they did.  Only, in the pits of that vile place, they found... the artifact...

"I don't like this." Ky'Rhale said.  "There are too many others here.  Why are others here?"

"Perhaps other artifacts have been calling out.  Perhaps the ancient prophecies are true." Zai'el answered.  Though, he could not see anyone else, he knew Ky'Rhale well enough to know that if he said others were here, then others were here.  Something told Zai'el that this was where he needed to be and he had come to trust that tiny voice inside his head.  It was the voice of his Lord, the light that he served. "I'll go on alone." 

"You will not!" The protective paladin snorted and that was that.  When Korgan made a decision, then the choice was made.  

The Group made its way through the surrounding woods to the open fields that surrounded the tower.  "So... Is this it?  What now?"  the Ranger asked.  The troop looked at each other, none was sure of what the next step would be, not even Zai'el who had insisted on making this journey at the 'behest' of the object that he carried.

"Twisted tales of amusing spells

Powers that reside in dark places

Calling names to play their games

All looking to hide their grim faces" Cellesta said, to which none of them understood... which wasn't unusual.

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

Sokleha, Female Yuan-ti Barbarian (Beast) 7

Sokleha.jpeg.f52456bbb9557e96a53380701d68ac03.jpegSokleha, Female Yuan-ti Barbarian

Passive Insight: 13 | Passive Investigation: 9 | Passive Perception: 16

AC: 17

HP: 75/75

Speed: 40 feet

Bestial Soul: Jumping

Class FeaturesRage Available (lr): 4/4
Forms available: Bite, Claws, Tail
Bestial Soul forms (sr/lr): Climbing, Jumping, Swimming

The wild-woman didn't trust the others here. She lingered in the shadows, hiding where she could, lying in wait to determine whether the whole missive was a ruse. She didn't blame herself for thinking as such.

There were a number of groups... three, at least, if her eyes weren't deceiving her. It was easier than not to find your mind placing other figures and beings in the way. Everyone was The Pike. Everyone could betray you, would seek to harm you.

She found a means of entering, all right, but not when others were actively watching her do so. She didn't understand what it was she saw once inside, but she tried to keep out of the way as best she could... no simple task given the giant figures appearing and shifting about, at least one of them with her belt on. Should she have expected this? Hopefully not.

Mention

Theron Jheliar - Human Blood Hunter/Rogue (Inquisitor)imageedit_2_2085839441.jpg.3a0c406a3aab47b165af1d198981ea15.jpg

AC: 16 | HP: 55/55 | HD: 5/5d10 + 2/2d8 Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 19 | Passive Investigation: 16

Saves: Str +1 / Dex +7 / Con +2 / Int +4 / Wis +4 / Cha +0 | Blood Maledict: 2/2

Theron paused his search, wandering towards the center of the room. It was clear that many of them did not understand why exactly they were here and, while he hated public speaking, decided that someone should speak up.

"Quite the party we have here," he said as his eyes drifted to the hidden individual in the shadows. He couldn't quite make them out, but someone is definitely lurking. "though it would seem some of us are more shy than others." he turned his attention back to the rest of the room. "I am Theron, an Inquisitor of Pelor, wielder of the holy relic Penance. I suspect that your relics have lead you to this tower."

Quirkyjoe

@QuirkyJoeI looked at your stealth vs my perception, if we just take passive values I edge you out, so I took the liberty of "spotting" you, without having any detailed information.

Edited by Lumovanis (see edit history)

Sokleha.jpeg.f52456bbb9557e96a53380701d68ac03.jpegSokleha, (Small) Female Yuan-ti Barbarian

Class FeaturesRage Available (lr): 4/4

The scarred one spoke aloud and looked at her as though he knew exactly where she was. Maybe they did, but that didn't necessarily mean that the others had also spotted her as well. Making a sound or unnecessary movement at this point would give herself away, and then she'd have to think about reacting. Her body typically seemed to take care of that, as though her muscles were better acquainted with how to save herself than her mind worked, and that was okay. Didn't everyone think like that? Maybe they did.

She glanced down at the small skull hanging off her belt.

"They know we are here. Do we show ourselves?" she whispered.

Theron

@Lumovanis

All good! You're a difficult one to surprise, that's for sure!

image.png.4ba95624ff403f02756f041ff17fb424.pngKuro Tenshi
Aasimar  Hexblade 3/Divine Soul 4 7 CN/CG

AC 18 HP 48/48 Speed 30ft 

Str 8 (-1) Dex 16 (3) Con 14 (2) Wis 10 (0) Int 10 (0) Cha 18 (4)

Pact Slots: 2 (level 2) Spells Slots: 4/3, Condition/Mood: 

"Well met, Theron." Kuro replied "I'm Kuro Tenshi, Champion of Blackrock Pass this is my son Moro and his daughter Surina, I'm not exactly sure which artifact I bare but I'm told this armor is one of them."

Moro was giving a studying look at those nearby a frown plastered on his face while Surina was looking at the shifting images of the people that wielded the artifacts before them.

088270482b0ccb380ab541335f2995d9.jpg

The group gathered for a few moments. At first the retinues of the various artifact bearers were quiet and let those who wielded the items of power do the speaking first. Once the "ice was broken" so to speak the others began to speak to one another in a more or less friendly manner. The world, in the state that it was, had little interaction between the various settlements. Movement was a challenge because at any moment a leviathan could be around the corner to end a mortal group of any size of strength. Even if a leviathan could be dodged, there were the oddities some leviathans created that also made movement around this desolate world a challenge or perhaps there was just a fear that the other scattered settlements would take advantage of traveler. Murder them for their supplies and try to make a better life for themselves. That was the way of the world. Those that had given into kindness and charity were likely buried in a field somewhere and forgotten.

Something about this gathering was different. A group this size coming together, not getting attacked by anything deadlier than the weather was almost unheard of. Perhaps destiny still offered some amount of hope for this doomed world that would allow such a fortuitous thing to happen.

Norik was the first to break up pleasantries amongst the group.

"So this is where a chance lies," he said in a labored tone, glancing over towards the "entrance". "To give our world a second chance seems almost unfathomable, yet for the first time in my long years I feel something I thought I'd never feel. I dare not give it name for fear that it might hide away once called. Perhaps this is it."

Moro Tenshi nodded in agreement and looked to Kuro. "Father, we can stand out here and await your return. However long it takes and not matter what comes, we will hold the entrance until your work is done."

"A pity we only have four," Ky'Rhale added.

"There's always more,

Perhaps one,

perhaps four,

Hidden from sight,

And watching the door," Cellesta rhymed, also looking to the door.

There was a moment of silence after the mage spoke, which also was not uncommon as people attempted to decipher the words.

Norik cleared is throat once more.

"So, do we do anything more to prepare or do we resolve to waste no more time?"

As those with the artifacts got more settled into the room, they found the pedestals had stopped shifting. They were now solidified into solid forms that were fifteen foot images of those that held these powerful weapons.. These keys to enter the infinite unknown and take a step on the path of remaking.

DM Box

I think Sokleha came alone and she was more or less talking to an inanimate object?

So.... who heads in first? 😄

Sokleha.jpeg.f52456bbb9557e96a53380701d68ac03.jpegSokleha, (Small) Female Yuan-ti Barbarian

FeaturesClass/Subclass:
Rage Available (lr): 4/4
Bonus Rage Damage: +2

Advantage on Initiative Rolls
If you are surprised at the beginning of combat and aren’t incapacitated, you can act normally on your first turn if you enter your rage before doing anything else on that turn.

Race:
Advantage against spells
Advantage on STs to avoid / end poisoned condition
Resistance to poison damage.

Sokleha looked down at the yuan-ti skull, nodded, and whispered, "I guess it's supposed to be me. Didn't know I was so tall..." 

Taking a moment to herself, she clenched at the muscles on her left arm with her right hand, pinching herself with such a fierce grip that -- upon its release -- her skin appeared slightly red for the briefest instance as the blood seemed to draw closer before retreating. Still very much a youngling, she withdrew from her hiding place, approaching the giant representation of herself and gazing up at it, awestruck.

Theron nodded to Kuro when he answered. Things were off to an awkward start, but certainly better than most encounters with strangers.

"Well best not waste any more time then." Theron nodded to Norick's statement. He gave the area one last look around before walking up to the portal. Sokleh's appearance caused him to double take, but he said nothing to their shy guest. Theron loaded a bolt with practiced speed and grace into the golden masterwork that was Penance. He then walked right up to the portal, sticking a hand into it as though he were testing water temperature.

38213aae0915154f1613a5f4409dc14a.jpg.e9a679e92003f56e23e1502fbb95cefd.jpgZai'el the Tainted (Half Drow Warlock)

AC: 17   | HP: 45/45   |    HD: 7d8 of 7d8   |  Initiative: +1   |   Passive Perception: 16   |    Passive Investigation: 13

Pact Magic: 2 of 2 (Spell Level 3)    Spell Save DC: 16   Spell Attack: +8 | Divine Spells - level 1: 2 of 2     Spell Save DC: 14   Spell Attack: +6

Recover 1 Pact Spell: 1/1  |  Misty Step: 1/1  |  Bless: 1/1  |  Darkness: 1/1  Faerie Fire: 1/1  |  Message: 5/5  |   Healing Light: 6d6

Saves: Str -1 / Dex +1 / Con +1 / Int +0 / Wis +6 / Cha +7  |  Devil's Sight    Eldritch Mind    Armor of Shadows  |  Conditions/Effects: None

The Outlanders

A group of outcasts who live together, but apart from the rest of society.  They are;

Zai'el the Tainted: In service to the "gods" but 'tainted' by his Half Drow heritage.

Zai'el walked up, followed by his group of Outlanders.  Turning back to his companions, "There is but one way to find out." he says and follows Theron through

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

The four stepped to the door way, as they got closer it seemed to pull at them. The not enough to force them through, they could still turn back before they hit the threshold, but enough to feel uncomfortable. Once they'd entered the doorway, they found their breath immediately taken away. All sense of time, space, and direction were seemingly lost. It felt like they were just a soul separated from the body spinning through time and the infinite unknown. There was nothing to see, touch, taste or feel, just this odd sense of nothingness and then it was over....

When their vision and other senses came back, they found themselves altogether at the same time, even those who had delayed longer in walking through. The room they were in was fairly non-descript. There were two paths in which they could leave this seemingly empty entrance. One that led into a room with a table and had a brazier with a lit fire. The table looked to be set for dining, though no food was present. The other direction, which was unlit and could only be detailed by those whose senses were able to pierce the veil of natural darkness, looked to be something of a sitting room. There was a bundle of wood built up to be a fireplace that could be lit if someone were to use the tools to do so. There seemed to be more after these two rooms but there was nothing yet that could be seen beyond this.

Features of the Area

Map Link: https://app.roll20.net/join/13108800/UBoqGQ

Illumination: There is a single brazier with a lit fire that provides 10' of bright light, then 10' of dim light. Outside of this, there is not environmental lighting.

GM Box

Let me know if there's any issues. I did include some parts of the map revealed for the benefit of those with Darkvision that may not be seen by players if they lack such vision.

38213aae0915154f1613a5f4409dc14a.jpg.e9a679e92003f56e23e1502fbb95cefd.jpgZai'el the Tainted (Half Drow Warlock)

AC: 17   | HP: 45/45   |    HD: 7d8 of 7d8   |  Initiative: +1   |   Passive Perception: 16   |    Passive Investigation: 13

Pact Magic: 2 of 2 (Spell Level 3)    Spell Save DC: 16   Spell Attack: +8 | Divine Spells - level 1: 2 of 2     Spell Save DC: 14   Spell Attack: +6

Recover 1 Pact Spell: 1/1  |  Misty Step: 1/1  |  Bless: 1/1  |  Darkness: 1/1  Faerie Fire: 1/1  |  Message: 5/5  |   Healing Light: 6d6

Saves: Str -1 / Dex +1 / Con +1 / Int +0 / Wis +6 / Cha +7  |  Devil's Sight    Eldritch Mind    Armor of Shadows  |  Conditions/Effects: None

The Outlanders

"Ky'Rhale!" the half Drow shouts when he realizes that he is no longer with his companions. "Korgan!  Cellesta!" he shouts in a panic thinking that he longtime companions had followed behind him.

FeaturesClass/Subclass:
Rage Available (lr): 4/4
Bonus Rage Damage: +2

Advantage on Initiative Rolls
If you are surprised at the beginning of combat and aren’t incapacitated, you can act normally on your first turn if you enter your rage before doing anything else on that turn.

Race:
Advantage against spells
Advantage on STs to avoid / end poisoned condition
Resistance to poison damage.

As the world changed for Sokleha, she found herself instinctively ensuring that walls were close by. She needed to be somewhere that allowed her the most visibility while also a sense of protection. The one figure had started shouting, and withdrawing as much as possible as safely as possible seemed to be the best response in her mind given the circumstances. 

Attempting to blend in or disappear as much as possible, the yuan-ti immediately begins peering back and forth, scenting the air and listening for any other unusual sounds (apart from those of the group in their moment of surprise).