The Hanger

darkhugh

19 hours ago, darkhugh said:

Welcome, I am happy for you to join but I will be somewhat strict on long unannounced absences. If stuff happens just drop us a quick message when possible :)

I believe there are still outstanding things on your application from my last post, have a look at that, and check you are happy your application is finished. When you are ready let me know and I will review. Once I give you the thumbs up we will add you into the game.

Thank you. I’ll make sure I send notice if anything like this happens again, but I don’t expect that it will.

I also just replied to my application thread a moment ago. Other than the aforementioned I’m satisfied with my application.

4 hours ago, Rudra said:

If you havent already have an idea for re-introducing Tsukiko i've been thinking that an easy path would be to retcon the very start, where all 4 pilots got to the cafè at the same time, there we quickly switched to 3 pilots and continued with that number, saying now that we have been 4 the whole time would be strange.

If, instead, three pilots got to the cafè while Tsukiko transport were delayed (say, the play arrived an hour later) then the rest of the story would play flawlessly, Cloudy wouldnt need to read everything to catch up and can simply appear at our door

I was wondering how we could go about explaining it myself. I this idea; it’s simple and effective.

Edited by Cloudy Summers (see edit history)

I am aiming to post in the game thread tomorrow.

In terms of introducing Cloudy I will have a chat with them in the private thread, we can keep it simple with the delay etc, but we could use this as an opportunity to add more story. I will talk to Cloudy about it.

I still need to review Cloudy's mechanics etc and do all those checks, so hopefully will be able to introduce them next week.

I originally put the Organgogram on roll20, but it was horrible to look at.

Instead I will be giving you access to the original which I made on a site called miro.

Hopefully you should be able to freely see it, but not change anything. Currently, not all characters have journal entries on roll20, but as you meet them they should appear. Characters that are 'private' to your character, likely will not be on the Organogram until they are public to the team.

If you have any questions feel free to shout.

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVM0kjOVs=/?share_link_id=167046279220

Edit: Also, not vital, but if you think your sheet is hard to handle in a post etc feel free to port it to this word document. Blank player sheet.docx

Edited by darkhugh (see edit history)

I'd like to go ask to the supercomputer, or whomever act as link, how can it track entities, who name and categorize them and get a better description.

If they know name, location, ats field, ats field changes then they may know weaponry, powers ecc.

And if they can track them so accurately we might be able to set up an ambush.

Tactic wise there isn't much for Serena to work, we don't have many options gear wise, we have to deploy, spend a round activating our ats fields, spend rounds getting close to the bad guy, use the power to lower its ats field and either fire our bb assault rifle with 6 ammo at it or use a knife.

The knife may be the better option, 3 vs 1 means gang up bonus and may, I say may, prevent the entity from using ranged attacks.

Now that I think about it there may be a smoke grenade, could be useful

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

So the supercomputer is named Taravangian and is managed by Daniel Birch. Access to the Taravangian is a no go for all bar 3 or so people in NERV london, at least direct contact. Technical people (like Chris's team) can interface with it, getting reports, putting forward simulations etc. If you want to ask basic questions, Chris's team would be easy (and a phone call away) while if you want nitty gritty then Daniel is the person.

By looking at your types of questions, I would say Daniel is the one to go to, as you are talking about 'how does the computer make its decisions.' If wanted, you could easily ask Daniel to come to the flat for a chat etc, or just do a video call with him on the TV etc. If you wanted rapid fire, then you can bullet point all questions OOC and I can do an IC post of Daniel's response easily.

yes, my bad, i was in a rush, posting from smartphone and didnt quite remember the names, better to write supercomputer than Tara-something 🤣

Anyway, all this secrecy make me so curious, maybe it's an AI and the isolation is to ensure we dont end up like almost every single movie with an AI.

I'm fine with handling these questions in whatever way the party prefer, maybe the fast one to not further delay cloudy introduction?

In all honesty, I needed to double check the super computer name so I can't blame you.

I think the best way to handle it would detail any questions here ooc and I can do a Daniel B IC post on a video call sort of thing. As it's the first time meeting him I want some IC interaction, or at least for you to see how he interacts.

Okay, people, what else do you guys want to do besides work out the tactics? I figure working out the tactics for this battle shouldn't take that long, since we don't have many options. Also, feel free to make recommendations (outside of combat) to Serena, she likes input from her subordinates.

And are there questions, OOC, you all have for me?

It depends on when the battle will happen, do we have hours? Half a day? Days?

Do we know where the battle will take place? If yes, can we place there some extra gear to pick up during the battle? (like ammo)

I'll jump on those questions

Time - currently you don't know but you can normally force a battle early etc. At the moment, perhaps a bit hard as you got no suits for water, and power supply would be hard. But in the future should be more in your control. Currently, you are just sitting and waiting.if you wait long enough, you maybe get more info from the Tarvgarian.

Location - for battles, London has been split into four different zones. Each of them basically treated as their own city, with benefits and negatives. Some have more resources etc. Most of them have VIP buildings that if destroyed impact your surplus etc. At the moment you don't know for sure where the battle will take place.

We should work up am ambush if we don't intend to go into the water. Is this a SCUBA situation or a Pacific Rim knee-deep fight?

Slightly related, one of Emiko's traits is she has Second Fiddle, this basically means she tends to defer to someone over other, its suggested it be another pilot - though it could be anyone - but it WOULD be better as another pilot.

Since we don't know a lot about all the characters yet, i was holding off, but i thought it might be a good idea to put it out on OOC to see if anyone was game to have a bit of a follower. Basically she'll defer to them and tend to want to let them shine and things like that. This will be especially obvious in combat but it'll be throughout.