The Hanger

darkhugh

Hey, so I have (somewhere) Ad Eva 3e. Do you have a link for 3.5? I tihnk 3.5 is the last update before the group stopped updating but i can't find a good link to the rules anymore. I've tried to play with the system a few times so i have previous editions but not 3.5

hello, while building my character(still work in progress, but near finished) i did notice something odd

Under Tactical maps (eva combat, around page 170) it say melee combat range and point blank ranges are any space adjacent to the one the character is in, this is a problem, one cant be at point blank range(+30 to ballistic skill) and engaged in melee(cant make ranged attacks, except with a pistol, doesnt get point blank range bonus) at the same time, the rules contraddit each other

(Suggested change: adjacent spaces are melee combat range, 1 square further is point blank range)

Es. Enemy-Ally are in melee, Enemy-space-Ally are at point blank range

Thanks for flagging that Rudra.

My understanding of the core rules of DH are not the greatest. But I will look to check where it explicitly states you can't use ranged weapons (bar pistol) directly next to an opponent. I do think your suggestion of one space gap seems reasonable.

As Neo pointed out, there might be a few things like this (I remember there being a few others when I ran this IRL). What we will do is just make a thread of decisions we made in terms of rules and keep it simple.

2 hours ago, darkhugh said:

My understanding of the core rules of DH are not the greatest. But I will look to check where it explicitly states you can't use ranged weapons (bar pistol) directly next to an opponent. I do think your suggestion of one space gap seems reasonable.

page 195, under ranged attacks

Wow, never thought I'd see someone actually run AdEva again. Gotta be like five years since the last time I saw a game of it anywhere. My man. Posting interest. Quick question before I roll: do I have to declare I am taking the Made For Each Other asset before I make my EVA rolls, or could I roll and then take it if I want to replace one of the rolls?