The Hanger

darkhugh

I did envision my character as someone without real combat experience in the eva but with adequate eva training, plenty of hours at the simulator and several pirated military books on her ipad. Sprinkle just enough arrogance to believe to know pretty much everything needed about combat and you get someone who might argue back at Silver😁

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

Hello hello.

I have gone through the remaining applications and will be inviting @Cloudy Summers (playing Tsukiko) and @Mattheus2924 (playing Anya). Give them a round of applause!

I have looked at the applications from an RP perspective, but will need to dive into mechanics also as I think I saw one or two things I need to check.

This gives us four pilots and an OD.

As a note, in terms of careers taken have 2 skirmishers and 2 AT tacticians. Thought I would note that for future combat etc.

Feel free to have a bit of chat about your characters, each of the pilots would have recieved some basic information each other prior to them coming to NERV-London. The OD would get more. We will be starting the first session with all the pilots arriving at NERV-London on day 1.

The career layout is interesting. I wasn't sure if i'd see another AT Tactician because they can be kinda hit or miss with their abilities and they are absolutely at a disadvantage out of their eva because they are less likely to have transferable skills. That said i DO think they are the coolest so thats sweet!

Skirmisher is actually probably the BEST career in the game in a lot of ways and having multiple is great. They can do all the things so they can fill any role and really prop up the tacticians where they might have holes in their skills. Plus berserkers are terrifying and we don't need to deal with that business 🤣

I really can't wait to find out all about the other characters or just what they look like or their skills or pretty much anything.

That said it occurs to me we've been running the character sheets and backgrounds and stuff pretty secret, and i'm wondering how much will be kept secret? I assume the character sheets and any background they don't actively offer to the rest of the team but what about things like skills and abilities? Is it all going to be 'just what they tell you' and basically what you see? Because over time i guess we WILL see what people's rolls are anyway.

So, in terms of your last paragraph and learning about other characters.

For the most part, want that in game. You will be given a lot of free time in the game to talk etc but one 'event' that will occur early on is some free time for all five people to sit down and go 'this is our goal, how do we go about it' and thus you can go 'Hello I am XXX and I love hacking computers' and hopefully plans naturally come out from the team.

If we find that too slow, then we can shift to OOC easily. Not everything needs to be IC, if you feel you should know something after you been living together IC for a week, then just into the OOC.

I will be posting miniblurbs of all pilots into roll20, basically skimming the 'common info' from your profiles.

A minor question, are the names of the evas the pilot's call signs or the nickname of the Mecha?

To use the previous example, would "the jackal" refer to the pilot(like a call sign) or "the jackal" is the eva's nickname?

I ask because my character would chose very differently.

Also it seem Zelda's profile on roll 20 has "butchered text"(i dont know a better word to describe it, seem like some words are missing) i'll try to fix it

You can give yourself a code name, along with the Eva. Those are your call, or you can leave it blank and see if it comes out through play

With roll20 I have taken the text provided in the thread but removed things that could give stuff away, however feel free to write up something you think is good to put on roll20 without giving away too much.

Okay, pleasure to be playing with you all.

Don't take the nature of my PC personally, she's a bit much most days.

I have eight years of active military experience, and it will color how I play Captain Silver. If you have questions, feel free to ask, especially OOC, as there will probably be times Silver is not taking questions. For the record, I was also Military Intelligence during my eight years in, so I actually have at least a basic idea IRL how to do what this campaign is having our PCs do.

Any questions for me?

I went to army cadets for about a year, so I a basically an expert.

Thought I would lay down some 'rules' and how things might be different in this game to other Eva/PbP games. Let me know if something obviously doesn't work.

- I am expecting 2-3 posts, if you think a thread has come to an end and have nothing to say, post in the OOC you are done. PbP games die when they lose momentum.

- In combat, I will most likely be scrapping initiative as I find it kills momentum. Instead, once I start the round, you have five days to post. If you fail to post in five days your character does nothing and is skipped.

- Obviously, if you give a heads up you are away, then we are fine.

- A lot of the 'intrigue' of this game will be player driven, you could technically play the game and never do it. But that would make for some useless spies. Don't be afraid to just say I want to go and do 'blah blah'.

- London is split into multiple zones for combat, which are some extra rules/choices that @Prestar would have final say on. As we dive into the first first, these should become known.

- Experience is given privately to each person, normally after each thread. Typically you get base XP, then bonus exp for good RP, story progression etc. These little bonuses might add up after two or three threads to give you an extra 50-100 points to spend.

- There will be a trust mechanic in play, which become clearer as the game goes on.

- If there is a particular scene, or event, or similar you want to see played out then you are always welcome to ask me. Likely in private.

How old are the other pilots(mine is 16) and what time of the year is it at game start? (to describe her clothes)

I find military history, it's evolution, fascinating, we're really good at making stuff to kill each other, I'll watch silver with interest