OOC: Breeze shootin' and lollygaggin' go here

matt_s

Bandits move at 5.5, 6.25, and 5.75

JJ is at 5.25

Victoria at 5

Mickey at 5.5

Sloan at 5.25

Jellico at 5.25

I'll do more or less block initiative. PCs will go at 5.5. So the two fast bandits go, then the PCs, then all three bandits as the round cycles back around.

Post for start of actual combat up later today hopefully. Time for everyone (including and especially myself...) to read through combat rules.

Can we assume that our weapons are already Readied, or do we need to spend our first action pulling them out?

A couple questions on modifiers:

• The train is ~100 yards away, but how far away are the bandits?
  • Are horses SM +1?
  • I don't see any rules in Lite specifically about shooting from horseback, but I would guess it falls under the "major distraction -3" category (at least for those defaulting like Mickey).
  • Doing a quick Google search, it also looks like horses can gallop at ~12-13 yards/second, which would be a -5 on the speed/range table (if we're using it), but my understanding is that we weren't at a full gallop when they spotted us.

- you are approaching the site of a train robbery, if you think your character is savvy enough to draw their guns that makes complete sense to me. I'm pretty accepting of the argument that "my character is a seasoned adventurer they would have done X"

- horses are size 3. I'll post the table for pack animals in the setting info imminently as well

- GURPS Old West basically says to add the horse's move to the speed/range table. So stationary horse is neutral.

- my guess would be you approach the site relatively slowly on horseback, if you would have galloped the last bit of distance that's fine

image.png.1b69727b980954855179186d4a99ba6f.png

- the bandit (3) who yelled out has a rifle Ready

- the other two bandits (1,2) will have to Ready their weapons

random target

2 is Mickey (JJ,M,JJR,SST)

rolling against rifle 12, henry carbine, 2d+1+ so 1.5x whatever gets past DR

- Unless you are cool with it, i'm not going to start actually killing PCs in the first fight...

Name
random target
1d4 2
roll vs rifle 12
3d6 3,6,3
henry dmg 2d+1+
2d6+1 6,5

I have no problems with us not getting killed this go-round! LOL.

However, as it's been decades since I last played a GURPS campaign, I have no problems, either, waiting for the more experienced players to let loose a volley or two.

Are we using the speed/range table? 100 yards out is a -10, so effective Rifle-12 seems kinda high. I'm OK with not using it (especially if it speeds things up), just wanted to check.

Edit: Assuming he's hit, Mickey's DR is 2 (counting his duster as DR 2), which puts him at -5 HP (12 dmg - 2 DR, x1.5 = 15 injury, against 10 HP).

Edited by Bobcloclimar (see edit history)

i might have butchered the speed/range calc, lemme check again the numbers.

Ok, in the interest of not retconning too much, it'll be a shot that goes wide as he fired back in a panic without aiming. So your "dodge" is treated as a success @Bobcloclimar

also no action from you to have the mount do the Move action.

sorry, was occupied all weekend.

I come back and find ourselves in a firefight!

yes, 100 yards away is a fair distance for a old west gunfight.

Sloan has a pistol and a shotgun, neither of which will be effective at that range. He's gonna get back behind the ridge