The Carelesss Jester Tavern, Pre-game OOC

The Eyeball Kid

@Mick the Rogue How about an aunt, Halia Thornton. She's your father's sister. They had a falling out, though you've never known over what, some years ago. You always got on well enough with her, though. She's tough and has a sharp tongue but kind of fun too. She left Neverwinter for Phandalin after the falling out and you've heard she took over the Miner's Exchange there.

Alright, my warlock is done- save for "tweaks" to make her fit into the final group. As an example her Patron isn't set yet, but would either be Great Old One, Fiend or Hexblade depending on where the final group needs the lean or to fit a theme.

She's a conflicted person who wants to be a "Hero", but is "Cursed" with every last negative physical and supernatural appearance a tiefling can have. The concept was kind of born from wondering where a Tiefling ends and a Demon begins in terms of perception, and with Baldur's Gate 3 really stressing the prejudice against Tieflings it was something fun I wanted to explore.

If none of that works in the context of the game- let me know. I've got a dozen concepts ready to go at this point. Lol

Dancing in my head~ dealing with the big sad~ realizing that my own character is somewhat based on internal emotions~

Yup, I can sympathize with the 'many ideas for a character' I need like four more people to start games so I can expunge them from my mind

Don't be sad! My character's theme is more dealing with prejudice and appearances vs heroism, with only a 'little' "Internal Conflict" based on whether she ends up becoming a hero like she wants or succumbing to her doubts and becoming wicked and selfish. :)

Hey, unironically, if you wanna talk let me know. I dealt with the big sad a while. Got some help, changed some habits and life circumstances and am doing better.

In the meantime, my guardsman is going back to vanilla human fighter, and I'm going to make him a tragic good boy who will be mildly intimidated by the nobles and high charisma people