Recruitment Questions/Chat

TheFred

6 hours ago, Laird_Thorne said:

Thanks!

Does Slashing Grace apply to thrown weapons (daggers is what thinking)? I’ve seen mixed rulings on it….

I actually don't see anything in the feat that restricts it to melee weapons at all. This could result in some weirdness if you get to treat a ranged weapon as a "piercing melee weapon for all feats" (you can Power Attack with it, you can probably do other slightly-wonky stuff with it) but I image it's probably fine. If it's just to get Dex to damage? I'm not a huge fan of Dex-to-damage to be honest but given the "no TWFing" limitation, that doesn't seem overpowered.

If there are any outstanding questions or anything, let me know ASAP; I scanned all the apps and didn't see anything so I'll aim to get picks done this week if I can (hopefully I'm not as busy as I was last week) - it looked like nothing was missing anything massive or obvious, either. Which is pretty good going, actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies, folks; I clearly didn't get around to this "tomorrow", and I also had a lot less free evening time last week than I expected... no real excuse for not doing it this weekend, either, it just ran away with me. But don't worry, I haven't forgotten you! Thanks for your patience.

Yeah, sorry folks, I had gone over all the apps by last weekend and was very close to making a final decision, just agonising over it a bit; I'd planned to do it this week, but instead I baked a cake. So, that's on me, and you've all had to wait so apologies, but if it's any consolation it did taste pretty great. (I've also been busy at work, and am trying to re-recruit simultaneously for my other game which is also getting rebooted here on Baldr; hopefully once this is all done we can settle down into more of a routine)

Edited by TheFred (see edit history)

Yeah, I was quite pleased with it - but next time, I might forgo the attempts to decorate it and stick with plain old icing, I ended up spending a whole extra evening making a mess and then trying to fix it... anyway...

Announcement!

OK folks, honestly, I am really still torn here... but I've settled on my picks!

"Newt" Gaspard (@Choomie)

This guy is just 100% on-theme and the writing's great too, so I no hesitation in adding him to the group.

"Jen" Klazcka (@Erico)

I swear that I didn't just pick people with nicknames; Jen's an interesting character with a personal vendetta that feels like a classic Western trope.

Shenoah Littlefeather (@ccanary)

I hadn't quite decided on what the current inhabitants of the Greenbelt are like but I'm happy to have Shenoah as one of them - she's an interesting counterpoint to the "progress" of the modern settlers and a bit of variety both mechanically (which I don't worry about too much, but which is nice to have) and thematically.

Thank you to everyone who applied. I could quite honestly have accepted probably any of these characters, and right up until as I was typing this I was still debating switching one of the others in or out (and special mention to GoGo who, even though I don't tend to go so much for Paizo's "goblin humour", did get a grin out of me 😃). I'll definitely be keeping my notes in case another spot opens up.