Main OOC Thread

iantruesilver

17 hours ago, iantruesilver said:

So this one may require some discussion. While I have no issue with that, how I see it is this: As long as one's slavery is as a result of some indentured debt or perhaps crime or whatever, not because "hey, you're a halfling or tiefling", then "there's laws for that"... But that said, you're in a devil worshipping nation. And you're indentured to these devil worshipping people. caveat emptor.

Alright, neat, so we're more or less on the same page here. Not quite but neither fancies "just cause" reasons. Goodie indeed.
Just had to ask since, well, you should always talk and plan with the gm but doubly so when trying to join an evil campaign with people you've never met before.

The draft I made consists of the parents going a step to far and getting offed, and that leaves a child which the church calls dibs on because I doubt there'd be charitable orphanages in the lands of actual devilry. Cue an "interesting" upbringing alongside a proto family/siblings of other children, most of which are not alive by the end of the backstory and that ought to be that.

Hey all!

This looks great, and Hell's Rebels is one of my all time favourite APs (that I never managed to finish, but I know enough about enough).

Just a quick question, before I start... well, starting the gists of the backstory for the straight-and-narrow Chelish veteran:

I wanted to ask about other APs, and whether their timelines/events are canon? Mostly S&S, given the whole Chelish Navy vibes. It canonically takes place about 3 years prior to Hell's Vengeance/Rebels, iirc.

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Zaathun said:

Hey all!

This looks great, and Hell's Rebels is one of my all time favourite APs (that I never managed to finish, but I know enough about enough).

Just a quick question, before I start... well, starting the gists of the backstory for the straight-and-narrow Chelish veteran:

I wanted to ask about other APs, and whether their timelines/events are canon? Mostly S&S, given the whole Chelish Navy vibes. It canonically takes place about 3 years prior to Hell's Vengeance/Rebels, iirc.

I personally don't feel any need to modify the timeline for S&S, but as @Naimless is the GM for HR, he'll make the call for this one.

I have another game that alters the timelines a little bit, but that's in relation to JR events. I don't need to port that over here (unless the subject is somehow broached). It brings JR to just after the first half of RotRL1.

Oh, I am applying for Vengeance - I've unfortunately seen way too much of the first few books of the Rebels path!

Another thing since I did scan the wiki to see where Longacre is (no spoilers, obviously) was that it mentions Longacre being a place that's quite popular with veterans, some more discontent than others, and that's something I was planning to explore.

Might have missed it, but for Rebels are we not using the Reasons to Protest listed on P.9 of the Player's Guide? As I understand those aren't actual Traits but rather a temporary bonus for the protest part of the first adventure.

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Maester1216 said:

Might have missed it, but for Rebels are we not using the Reasons to Protest listed on P.9 of the Player's Guide? As I understand those aren't actual Traits but rather a temporary bonus for the protest part of the first adventure.

@Naimless will confirm, but I believe for Rebels it is both. You choose a reason to protest, as well as a campaign trait.

31 minutes ago, Maester1216 said:

I presumed as much, just didn't see any on the other apps and wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something.

Yep, that's correct. The 'reason to protest' is a scene bonus, and separate from your Campaign Trait.

1 hour ago, Rhallan said:

RAW, there are a couple of the archetype features that interact, which can get iffy. (ie. at Lv 7, Imp Familiar from EAIB requires you to take an imp as a familiar which replaces your current familiar, but True Form from PW makes your familiar change into an outsider improved famliar).

But RAI, as @Naimless and I have mentioned previously with similar topics, if you can manage to make it work so that the requirements are satisfied for both sides, there's little reason that we won't allow it.

Have another odd question. The Planar Extremist druid archetype removes Summon Animal and replaces it with Summon Monster. Would you consider replacing the Entice Fey Spells (Lesser, Greater, etc.) with the Planar Ally Spells (Lesser, Greater, etc.)? They are cast at same levels and from I seem to understand Entice Fey is the nature caster's version of the divine caster's Planar Ally.

29 minutes ago, Rhallan said:

Have another odd question. The Planar Extremist druid archetype removes Summon Animal and replaces it with Summon Monster. Would you consider replacing the Entice Fey Spells (Lesser, Greater, etc.) with the Planar Ally Spells (Lesser, Greater, etc.)? They are cast at same levels and from I seem to understand Entice Fey is the nature caster's version of the divine caster's Planar Ally.

I don't see an issue with that. Though I thought Nox was a sorcerer?