Main OOC Thread

iantruesilver

Heya, just thrown my hat into the ring but before I dive into the less interesting bits that is mechanics, chasing down images and such I'd just like to ask if the concept is workable for the vengeance campaign, that is a child raised almost in an agoge fashion by the church of Asmodeus as a indentured servant/almost slave who wants to repay said church (and nation) for all they've done for him and earn actual independence in their eyes.

Question on a particular archetype use. I know by RAW that two archetypes that alters the same same feature do not stack. But I was wondering if these two cleric ones could by DM ruling. Cleric archetypes Fiendish Vessel and Herald Caller. The only over lap is that Fiendish Vessel makes you take Daemon, Demon, or Devil subdomain. Whereas the Herald Caller says you can only take one domain.

Edited by Rhallan (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Harmen said:

Heya, just thrown my hat into the ring but before I dive into the less interesting bits that is mechanics, chasing down images and such I'd just like to ask if the concept is workable for the vengeance campaign, that is a child raised almost in an agoge fashion by the church of Asmodeus as a indentured servant/almost slave who wants to repay said church (and nation) for all they've done for him and earn actual independence in their eyes.

So this one may require some discussion. While I have no issue with that, how I see it is this: As long as one's slavery is as a result of some indentured debt or perhaps crime or whatever, not because "hey, you're a halfling or tiefling", then "there's laws for that"... But that said, you're in a devil worshipping nation. And you're indentured to these devil worshipping people. caveat emptor.

1 hour ago, Rhallan said:

Question on a particular archetype use. I know by RAW that two archetypes that alters the same same feature do not stack. But I was wondering if these two cleric ones could by DM ruling. Cleric archetypes Fiendish Vessel and Herald Caller. The only over lap is that Fiendish Vessel makes you take Daemon, Demon, or Devil subdomain. Whereas the Herald Caller says you can only take one domain.

Fiendish Vessel does not specifically contain the text "alters the cleric’s domains" or "removes the cleric’s domains". So long as the the remaining one domain from taking Herald Caller is amongst the choices offered by Fiendish Vessel, then there's no reason that combination shouldn't be allowed.

1 hour ago, iantruesilver said:

Fiendish Vessel does not specifically contain the text "alters the cleric’s domains" or "removes the cleric’s domains". So long as the the remaining one domain from taking Herald Caller is amongst the choices offered by Fiendish Vessel, then there's no reason that combination shouldn't be allowed.

Thanks. That was my thinking, but wanted to ask first.

Which version of the Diabolist is going to be allowed? Book of the Damned or Book of the Damned Vol 1 Princes of Darkness? The newer version is not allowed by the PFS Additional Resources, but I wanted to make sure.

Also, for this prestige class, do you allow casting the Lesser Planar Binding/Ally for requirements to be done from a scroll or must it be cast from the casters prepared list?

I know this is future things, but I like having a plan for my character.

Edited by Rhallan (see edit history)

56 minutes ago, Rhallan said:

Which version of the Diabolist is going to be allowed? Book of the Damned or Book of the Damned Vol 1 Princes of Darkness? The newer version is not allowed by the PFS Additional Resources, but I wanted to make sure.

Also, for this prestige class, do you allow casting the Lesser Planar Binding/Ally for requirements to be done from a scroll or must it be cast from the casters prepared list?

I know this is future things, but I like having a plan for my character.

The newer one from Book of the Damned p.210, which is the one listed on AoNPRD. In cases like this, updated information usually replace older versions.

As for the spell selections... I don't know why one would even select the class if they can't regularly do the thing that's basically the purpose of the PrC... But I mean, if you wanna waste a metric crapton of scrolls/wands/staves/whathaveyou... That's kind of like a later question.

52 minutes ago, iantruesilver said:

As for the spell selections... I don't know why one would even select the class if they can't regularly do the thing that's basically the purpose of the PrC... But I mean, if you wanna waste a metric crapton of scrolls/wands/staves/whathaveyou... That's kind of like a later question.

Because it allows you to enter Diabolist as early as 6th level if casting the spell from a scroll counts for the entry prerequisite.

IIRC this is permitted by RAW. I don't recall if a FAQ altered this interpretation of the rules.

5 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Is the Defender of the Society trait allowed for fighters?

Pathfinder Chronicler: This (along with all other Pathfinder Society prestige class options) could be an interesting choice, since the Pathfinders have had a difficult time maintaining a presence in Cheliax since Thrune took over. There is no Pathfinder lodge in Kintargo, and the Pathfinders themselves don’t play a role in the Adventure Path, but that could change if you want to take one of these prestige classes and play a character who’s seeking to pave the way to welcome the Society back to Kintargo when and if the city can be freed.

— Hell's Rebels Players' Guide, p.5

While I will not explicitly ban such a trait, this should give you and idea as to the circumstances it may or may not be appropriate for.

1 hour ago, iantruesilver said:

While I will not explicitly ban such a trait, this should give you and idea as to the circumstances it may or may not be appropriate for.

More background, more loyalties, more things to consider. :) Thanks.