Hello there!

iamtim

My name is Tim.

I've been playing D&D and other RPGs since the early 1980s, starting with the Moldvay Basic/Expert D&D sets (the ones with cover illustrations by Erol Otus). It's been downhill since then, LOL. I've run an RPG publishing company, I've been an RPG podcast host, and I'm looking to dive back into the PbP arena again. I've run PbPs on other sites and on custom phpbb/ProBoards forums I've built for the purpose, and I'm looking at some other sites, but I really like what I see here.

I do have a question about starting a new game, but I'm sure there's a better forum for that.

Anyway, hi!

Dungeon Crawl Classics! Say Dungeon Crawl Classics!

I kid, you should say what you want. There are quite a few of us OSR gamers on this site, and I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting an old-school game going if that's what you want to do.

On 9/24/2023 at 10:44 AM, iamtim said:

My name is Tim.

spacer.png

On 9/24/2023 at 4:22 PM, Powderhorn said:

What sort of game are you thinking to run?

Star Wars. I've been dying to run a Star Wars game. I'm already setting the game up here, learning the interfaces and all that.

4 hours ago, cailano said:

spacer.png

I actually have a Pop Vinyl Tim the Enchanter right on my desk next to me. :)

2 hours ago, Eric said:

I have an ongoing Mentzer BECMI game ... Chances are we'll get along fine!

Awesome! One of my favorite editions of D&D is the Rules Cyclopedia (not the 4E implementation of the same name) that is pretty much the ultimate in BECMI D&D. Great stuff.

On 9/24/2023 at 12:44 PM, iamtim said:

My name is Tim.

Welcome to the Weave, Tim! And you're far from the only one who cut their PbP teeth with Proboards - I used to admin a small forum for my old college group thru proboards. It was terrible and required honor code of dice rolls, but it was still a blast while it lasted.

Anyhow, in case you haven't seen it yet, here's a link to our Baldr User Guide, which contains several handy links that you will likely find useful. We do things a touch differently than some other sites, where we have game ads posted and prospective players apply. You'll want to swing over by our Game Ads section to check that out! Every GM does it a little differently, so check the campaign info and forum for the exact details.

We support a very wide variety of systems here, ranging from good ol D&D (of all editions) to Pathfinder to Shadowrun to Fate to PbtA to OSR to, well, I don't think there's a system we don't support or have players for. So if you spot something outside of your norm that catches your attention - go ahead and apply for it anyways. There is much to be gained by going outside of the box, after all.

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel, especially if you have questions. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly 😂

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki