How do I…?

Colin

1 hour ago, Atlictoatl said:

How do I find my own posts in threads I've posted in?

I'd like to relocate old conversations to find responses that people made to posts of mine. If I go to My Activity Streams, I see some of the content I've posted but I don't see a comprehensive log my posts.

Activity Streams...

Content I posted in, or content I started.

3 hours ago, hakootoko said:

How do I add a picture inside a fieldset?

It might seem obvious, but the obvious isn't working. In post https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/9759-fili-scout/ I first tried to put the picture and accompanying text inside a fieldset, and when I posted it the picture was gone. Gone to the point where when I hit edit it wasn't there, either.

I thought maybe something was wrong with my picture, so I tried it without the fieldset, and it worked.

FWIW, I'm trying to recreate https://og.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=16182437?p=16182437#post16182437

Only way to do it is to code it in the source, there is no easy way to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

Good folk of the Moderator Community (and wider) I come seeking your wisdom.

As we come to close down an OGMW game and fully move it to the new site I am keen to summarise the previous content. Is there an easy way to export the threads from a game (either thread titles or posts in each thread) please? We run a multi player, multi GM, multi mission concept and I'm trying to break down the missions and PCs to a list so we can keep track of relationships etc.

Your consideration is greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Colin said:

@Delia2531 while it is possible to export threads in a raw text format, OGMW is also not going to go away and will remain read only. You can either export the threads on OGMW or you can just link back from a v6 game thread to the relevant OGMW threads with reference material that is needed.

Thanks @Colin; this is more so that I can summarise who was in a party with whom on which missions without reading each thread top to bottom (because there are loads).

Exporting on OGMW, I suspect I need to not be accessing on my phone to do it?

8 hours ago, Delia2531 said:

Exporting on OGMW, I suspect I need to not be accessing on my phone to do it?

It may still work on phone... You can download the thread clicking this button while viewing the thread: image.png.766a7e761d845aa66e9c25d55715a195.png

It will download the thread as a plain text document, so any formatting and such copy/pasting to v6 will have to be done all over again.

7 hours ago, Colin said:

It may still work on phone... You can download the thread clicking this button while viewing the thread: image.png.766a7e761d845aa66e9c25d55715a195.png

It will download the thread as a plain text document, so any formatting and such copy/pasting to v6 will have to be done all over again.

Thanks; I'll have to pull it out thread by thread, but that might still be faster that reading through them all. 🤓

Hello, how do I remove pictures from the list that comes up when I want to use the Insert Existing Attachment function from the Other Media button?

There are images in there that I want to reuse frequently, but it's getting clogged up with all the pictures I've used just once and have no further use for.

Can I get rid of these or are they just going to keep accumulating for ever?

4 hours ago, Lord Foul said:

Hello, how do I remove pictures from the list that comes up when I want to use the Insert Existing Attachment function from the Other Media button?

There are images in there that I want to reuse frequently, but it's getting clogged up with all the pictures I've used just once and have no further use for.

Can I get rid of these or are they just going to keep accumulating for ever?

They keep accumulating, as this out-of-the-box feature is designed to let you use any image you've previously uploaded. It does have searchability, so if you name your attachments with a unique (or at least categoric) name you should be able to find what you're looking for.

The platform should be doing de-duplication on the back end so there's also no (or limited) harm in just uploading it again.