How do I…?

Colin

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I am quite new around here.

I noticed today that my profile window says I am currently anonymous, but I haven't been able to find a way to change that status. Can you point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks

Foul

EDIT: Okay, I found it! All sorted now.

Edited by Lord Foul (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I hope this hasn't been asked. I took a look through the site guide and cannot tell... Go backstory.

Neither myself or any of the players in my new game have much experience on the new site. While we are all figuring things out, I made all the players co-gm's to increase their functionality during this time. We're getting there, but still finding things a little tricky sometimes, so I am loathe to remove the co-gm status at this time.

However:

I am a GM who likes to prepare things ahead of time, things I don't want the players to see because it would spoil the story arc. Since they are co-gm's.... is it possible to create a place here only I as head GM can view, or is it just simpler to keep that preparation off site?

Cheers

MLJ

1 hour ago, Moveslikejagger said:

Okay, I hope this hasn't been asked. I took a look through the site guide and cannot tell... Go backstory.

Neither myself or any of the players in my new game have much experience on the new site. While we are all figuring things out, I made all the players co-gm's to increase their functionality during this time. We're getting there, but still finding things a little tricky sometimes, so I am loathe to remove the co-gm status at this time.

However:

I am a GM who likes to prepare things ahead of time, things I don't want the players to see because it would spoil the story arc. Since they are co-gm's.... is it possible to create a place here only I as head GM can view, or is it just simpler to keep that preparation off site?

Cheers

MLJ

Absolutely. You’ll want to check out the Private Topics feature, which hides a topic (aka thread) from anyone not a GM and not meeting the hide from/show for criteria you specify. A similar feature for whole Forums within a Game is in the feature request queue.

So its late and my HTML-fu is suffering. I've got a table setup with an image in one cell and some text and stuff in another. While editing, it looks fine, but once i save it, there is a big gap between the right hand side of the image and the left of the text - its repeated down below in the same post as well - so its definitely something i'm doing.

I was hoping someone with fresh eyes could take a look and tell me what i'm doing wrong

Thanks!

Edit: I have since worked it out. If anyone is wondering it was just a scaling issue.

How do I add a picture inside a fieldset?

It might seem obvious, but the obvious isn't working. In post https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/9759-fili-scout/ I first tried to put the picture and accompanying text inside a fieldset, and when I posted it the picture was gone. Gone to the point where when I hit edit it wasn't there, either.

I thought maybe something was wrong with my picture, so I tried it without the fieldset, and it worked.

FWIW, I'm trying to recreate https://og.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=16182437?p=16182437#post16182437

55 minutes ago, Atlictoatl said:

I use Imgur image files extensively in the games that I run. It looks like [ img ][ / img ] and HTML tags don't work in Baldr. How can hosted images be embedded into Baldr posts, or do all images need to be uploaded as attachments?

Use the other Media button at the bottom of the post to insert image from url, make sure it is a https link.