How do I…?

Colin

20 minutes ago, Mirilene said:

Okay, cool! Also uh, email adresses are hidden, right? Because I couldn't find any option to hide it.

Correct. You can see your own email address, and staff can see it, but it's hidden from everyone else and there's no way to reveal it. This is part of why email is the login identifier: it's something that you know and no one else does, so no one can try to brute-force your password by knowing your display name.

Some questions about creating a game:

After constructing a Topics tab, we can now populate the Topics 'folder' with New Topics, which function as threads. This will be where IC PbP happens, OOC conversation, etc. Just like we would create new threads in the old system.

Is there any way to set up Folders and Sub-folders to help organize a multiplicity of Topics? In the old system, it was useful to have sub-folders for say Character Development (with individual character threads), a GM folder that was private where I could store multiple threads of notes, maybe a Chapter 1 folder, Chapter 2 folder, etc for long running games, etc.

If not folders, are there things like Tags or other ways to filter all of the Topic threads within Topics? Can topics be stickied? For a very active game, how can we manage our game content for usability?

Thanks for your consideration. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Atlictoatl said:

What is the equivalent of the User CP page in Baldr? A place where we can see what subscribed threads/forums have new content and we can have a home area to monitor our activity on the forum?

If you look on the menu under the 'Activity' heading, there's a dropdown for various activity streams that should get you the information you're looking for.

39 minutes ago, Atlictoatl said:

Is there any way to set up Folders and Sub-folders to help organize a multiplicity of Topics? In the old system, it was useful to have sub-folders for say Character Development (with individual character threads), a GM folder that was private where I could store multiple threads of notes, maybe a Chapter 1 folder, Chapter 2 folder, etc for long running games, etc.

If not folders, are there things like Tags or other ways to filter all of the Topic threads within Topics? Can topics be stickied? For a very active game, how can we manage our game content for usability?

Thanks for your consideration. 🙂

As of the moment there is not, but there is a feature request on the development board to look into creating another level of structure inside the game forums. The new "page" feature can be created to add a page that only the GM/DM can see, or you can create a post inside a topic that is private to only the GM. You also can create a 'page' with all your lore and create a table of contents for it, much like the User Guide is set up now. The game areas also have the ability to create blogs which are ideal for adding lore as well.

You can see how I set up my games here:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/clubs/601-the-rise-fall-of-vecna/

Each post can have tags added to the game which can then be searched in the activity streams, threads can also be stickied or locked much the same as with the older version of MW.

38 minutes ago, Atlictoatl said:

What is the equivalent of the User CP page in Baldr? A place where we can see what subscribed threads/forums have new content and we can have a home area to monitor our activity on the forum?

CP.png.973b48f65daf85cb545da9516f768da8.pngYou have a variety of features at the top right under the drop down with your name. This drop down lets you edit your profile, manage followed content, subscriptions, etc. It also lets you manage your account settings, and ignore users if you need to.

As mentioned above, you can also use the activity streams to look at sitewide activity in a variety of ways. Also, your My Games area has a stream on the left side that shows all recent activity in your games.

If you would like to follow another game that you are not in, you can do so my following the Overview tab of the game which will add the game to your My Games list and notify you of activity.

I'm accustomed to rolling dice in a post with the dice code syntax and then editing the post, adding more text underneath the dice roll, and rolling new dice under that text. In other words, rolling dice multiple times in a post and tying the rolls visually to specific content in the post.

Having just toyed around with the Dice Wizard, I see that I can add multiple rolls into posts, but I'm not seeing how I can tie specific rolls to specific bits of text in the post. Any tips or tricks?

1 minute ago, Atlictoatl said:

I'm accustomed to rolling dice in a post with the dice code syntax and then editing the post, adding more text underneath the dice roll, and rolling new dice under that text. In other words, rolling dice multiple times in a post and tying the rolls visually to specific content in the post.

Having just toyed around with the Dice Wizard, I see that I can add multiple rolls into posts, but I'm not seeing how I can tie specific rolls to specific bits of text in the post. Any tips or tricks?

Two options:

image.png.70b043e42d36d044196969137b3479e8.pngLink Dice lets you take an existing roll and put its text in the post. By default it's an OOC-like styling, but you can choose to have the result or the full rolling sequence displayed inline also.

image.png.c9a261f6c1d8414a3e60e29c2415b37b.pngInline Dice lets you use the full CLI version of the Dice Tower to add rolls while you're writing your posts.

4 minutes ago, Quentin Harlech said:

Is there a guide for the inline dice roller? It doesn't seem to use the same syntax as the other dice roller. I can roll dice just fine, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to apply any conditions to it like exploding 6s, dropping the lowest roll, or rerolling 1s.

It uses the CLI syntax, which is Label:Roll. Full details can be found in the Dice Tower guide, but as a few examples:

Demo:explode(10d6, 6)
Demo2:drop(10d6, lowest, 2)
Demo3:success(10d6, 4, above)

11 hours ago, Eric said:

Two options:

image.png.70b043e42d36d044196969137b3479e8.pngLink Dice lets you take an existing roll and put its text in the post. By default it's an OOC-like styling, but you can choose to have the result or the full rolling sequence displayed inline also.

image.png.c9a261f6c1d8414a3e60e29c2415b37b.pngInline Dice lets you use the full CLI version of the Dice Tower to add rolls while you're writing your posts.

It uses the CLI syntax, which is Label:Roll. Full details can be found in the Dice Tower guide, but as a few examples:

Demo:explode(10d6, 6)
Demo2:drop(10d6, lowest, 2)
Demo3:success(10d6, 4, above)

I see. Even with your examples it took me entirely too long to realize you have to include a label with it and that it doesn't just let you roll. Thanks.

Edited by Quentin Harlech (see edit history)