How do I…?

Colin

On 7/14/2023 at 1:31 PM, Manthatisthisman said:

Quite a while ago I managed to find an RSS feed for game adverts on OGMW, so I'd get a new notification every time a game listed. This is very handy for trying to find games that aren't mainstream but have an active niche following. Is there a way to do something similar in Baldr either with RSS or with the follow feature to follow all game advertisements?

Edited to add: A follow feature filtered to game systems of interest would also be welcome if anyone knows how to do that.

To the former, the answer is currently no, as game ads aren't content per se and so there's no way to construct an activity stream around them. However, the ability to receive notifications when a game begins advertising (which can be in-page, email, and/or push by user preference) seems feasible enough to be developed, especially when tied in to the second half of your question--which is captured in this feature request.

Hello, i apologize as this question probably doesnt belong here but i dont know where to ask, it's a truly minor thing, something that is bugging me.

I was looking at the site rules, looking for a specific passage that i cant find anymore(i think it was in the community standards, it was something like -be excellent to each other-), so either i dreamed it(possible 😅) or it has been edited, the substance is the same so really, it's a minor thing, i just wish to know if i imagined it

33 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Hello, i apologize as this question probably doesnt belong here but i dont know where to ask, it's a truly minor thing, something that is bugging me.

I was looking at the site rules, looking for a specific passage that i cant find anymore(i think it was in the community standards, it was something like -be excellent to each other-), so either i dreamed it(possible 😅) or it has been edited, the substance is the same so really, it's a minor thing, i just wish to know if i imagined it

It's on the Discord rules (rule #1):

1. Be excellent to one another. The most golden of all rules.

8 hours ago, Eric said:

It uses the same theme as you have selected for the site overall. From any of the site's main pages, the Theme picker is at the very bottom:

image.png.64f9b3f73fc9162c7e788fc0a66abaad.png

Ohhhh it's true, I can't believe how the option just "spawned" after you mentioned it. xDDD

Thanks a lot! In my case, the website changed with the theme, but the sheets section did not change. I'm using night v4.7 and the latest Firefox; however, the style works in other browsers, like edge. Should I post this in website feedback?

FIREFOX
image.png.851d200a256a370440cf863b55577126.png

EDGE

image.png.300b2a7d3473e743c85bd27bd95f49e4.png

Edited by Siryuu (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Siryuu said:

Ohhhh it's true, I can't believe how the option just "spawned" after you mentioned it. xDDD

Thanks a lot! In my case, the website changed with the theme, but the sheets section did not change. I'm using night v4.7 and the latest Firefox; however, the style works in other browsers, like edge. Should I post this in website feedback?

FIREFOX
image.png.851d200a256a370440cf863b55577126.png

EDGE

image.png.300b2a7d3473e743c85bd27bd95f49e4.png

Possible caching issue. I've flushed the server side cache; if it's not resolved, try clearing your FF cache.

2 hours ago, Eric said:

@bwatford I think you have the recommended sizes somewhere?

The Game Banner size is given in the userguide: https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/articles.html/articles/baldr-user-guide-r9/#Making+a+game

image.png.7c4cab2b6b8306d73a5d8c6b62bdb1c4.png

general guidance for images is also shown further down the page:

image.png.6c8472531dc5e368ac0d5014318759d1.png

I can't find any specific guidance on Avatar / Game Icon sizing though.

1 hour ago, Suzuki Stumpy said:

I can't find any specific guidance on Avatar / Game Icon sizing though.

200px is the best, I usually make mine round in advance so I can control the look, but you can upload a square image and it will make it round for you.