How do I…?

Colin

56 minutes ago, Michael Silverbane said:

The User Guide says that editing the first post allows you to edit the thread title, but that appears to no longer be the case. How to edit?

image.png.b0713a86adbddfdf5c49ddd7e49f843d.png

Looks like we need to clarify the guide since there was a change on the Invision side. The Edit link button at the bottom of the post launches the quick editor. The Edit link in the three-dots menu at the top right of the original post launches the full thread editor.

Also, you can click-hold/long-press on the thread title to edit it on any page of the thread.

Hello, fellow members,

In a public game,

• Can a player edit their own thread's title this way, later than creating it?
  • Can a player lock their own thread this way, later than creating it?

Thanks in advance.

20 minutes ago, rover said:

Hello, fellow members,

In a public game,

• Can a player edit their own thread's title this way, later than creating it?
  • Can a player lock their own thread this way, later than creating it?

Thanks in advance.

If you can, it would be from the three dots menu at the top right of the first post, selecting the Edit option there. It would be under the post editor on the next page.

7 minutes ago, rover said:

I know that, from the previous inquiry, my question is: does it need GM / co-GM / moderator access, or can a regular player do that for their self-created threads?

After impersonating your account to test (sorry for any email notification),

Editing title: Yes

Locking topic: No

Is it possible to leave a game (specifically, this one) even though I'm the one who started it? There are other GMs that could take over if they are interested, but it had a bit of an anemic start, so I am not sure I can commit to it (but if other folks want to take over, that's totally fine with me).

If an admin wants to remove me, that'd be appreciated!

5 hours ago, Vladim said:

Is it possible to leave a game (specifically, this one) even though I'm the one who started it? There are other GMs that could take over if they are interested, but it had a bit of an anemic start, so I am not sure I can commit to it (but if other folks want to take over, that's totally fine with me).

If an admin wants to remove me, that'd be appreciated!

I think it requires staff intervention at this point. I'd need a name of someone else to put as the owner, though; it can't go ownerless.

1 hour ago, Mindcrime said:

Is there a way to mark a post as unread so that it stays highlighted as a reminder to address it later?

Not at present, no. The forum keeps a timestamp of your last read point for a given topic, so conceivably we could figure out a way to roll that back; but, it wouldn't allow you to flag multiple posts in the same topic independently.