Sheet Folders in Testing ×

How do I…?

Colin

17 minutes ago, MayBeAPervert said:

I used to be able to clone a character sheet. Very useful for updating a character for a level up and maintaining back up so progress can be tracked and checked.
Where did that function go?
Edit: also, when I create a new sheet, I don't see where I can make it private anymore

Cloning sheets is actively being worked right now. Hopefully by next week I'll have something ready; until it's done, though, you can use the legacy sheets interface at https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheets/ to accomplish it.

As for privacy, that's controlled in the Share settings, top right of the sheet view.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 1:20 AM, Eric said:

Cloning sheets is actively being worked right now. Hopefully by next week I'll have something ready; until it's done, though, you can use the legacy sheets interface at https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheets/ to accomplish it.

As for privacy, that's controlled in the Share settings, top right of the sheet view.

Thank you for the answers. problems resolved

Hey, I've got a couple of questions.

1. How do I change my site theme?

2. How do I add new colors to my palette?

In the user guide, something is mentioned about a "more colors" button. I don't see one - if it's supposed to be on the menu, I don't seem to have it.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Perlin said:

Hey, I've got a couple of questions.

1. How do I change my site theme?

2. How do I add new colors to my palette?

In the user guide, something is mentioned about a "more colors" button. I don't see one - if it's supposed to be on the menu, I don't seem to have it.

spacer.png

The theme selector is at the bottom of every page, right next to the Privacy Policy link.

The color palette consists of "safe" web colors that will change depending on which theme the viewer is using (dark themes, light themes, etc) and you should be able to use any color there and not have to worry about the viewer not being able to read the text due to their theme choice or your color choice.

You can still set your own color in the source of a post by using html, but it is highly advised not to as you may select a color that some users may not be able to see on their themes background. You can however click the "Power" button on the palette to get a wider range of "safe" midrange colors that can be read on any theme.

14 hours ago, Sundust said:
  1. How does one "soft delete?"
  2. Does "soft deletion" apply to a string of text, a whole post, a whole thread, or something else?

If you are the author of a post, you can click the three dots at the top right of one of your posts and you will have the option to soft delete it.

If you are a GM of a game, you can delete a thread but only if it is empty.

I usually create a trash topic and move soft deleted post to it in my games so they are out of the way.

35 minutes ago, bwatford said:

If you are the author of a post, you can click the three dots at the top right of one of your posts and you will have the option to soft delete it.

If you are a GM of a game, you can delete a thread but only if it is empty.

I usually create a trash topic and move soft deleted post to it in my games so they are out of the way.

Ok, so a Soft Delete deletes the whole post - nothing more, and nothing less.Thank you!

8 hours ago, bwatford said:

The theme selector is at the bottom of every page, right next to the Privacy Policy link.

The color palette consists of "safe" web colors that will change depending on which theme the viewer is using (dark themes, light themes, etc) and you should be able to use any color there and not have to worry about the viewer not being able to read the text due to their theme choice or your color choice.

You can still set your own color in the source of a post by using html, but it is highly advised not to as you may select a color that some users may not be able to see on their themes background. You can however click the "Power" button on the palette to get a wider range of "safe" midrange colors that can be read on any theme.

Thank you! Solved.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, bwatford said:

image.png.2fa4d6f12ad9802ac3bc1c1427ece271.png

Thanks, but I believe that is for when you first make a new thread. I meant how do you add/remove people after the thread exists. Someone replied on Discord that you have to go to the first post in the thread, then click on the three dots in the upper right, choose Edit, and then you can add/remove from the list of users.

9 hours ago, Mindcrime said:

Is there a way to change the background color of the spoiler? I've managed to change the background color for the text of the spoiler, but not the spoiler itself.

image.png.6ab70015195f4205b10d31edc28dcc1b.png

There is not, spoilers are a graduate that is set up to change based on a user's theme choice. If users were allowed to change them then it would run a risk of people that chose certain themes not being able to see the color, you have selected. Much the same reason as to why font colors are limited to a color changing pallet and it is advised that users to do set hard colors in the source code as not all colors are readable across all themes.

Here is an example of what hard set colors do to some backgrounds. Using one of your tables as an example.

On the Day theme users see this.

image.png.9f20f6e162926b6a2280f0d2faf935a7.png

• 4 weeks later...