Sheet Folders in Testing ×

How do I…?

Colin

2 hours ago, AnemoneEnemy said:

I submitted an app for a game that's now private. The GM has departed. (Giantslayer by Mindcrime)

I'd like to get the text of my app. However, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is there any way I could recover it?

Thank you, much appreciated!

I'm afraid I don't remember the name I used. "Grippli" might feature, "halfling" definitely, "good lad"?

Ooh, looks like I still have the character sheet attached. The name to look for is Mungo Melilot.

A friend who was in the game and took a look and it looks like incompleted apps got archived, accepted apps got moved, but the completed unaccepted apps seem to have just... vanished.

26 minutes ago, AnemoneEnemy said:

Thank you, much appreciated!

I'm afraid I don't remember the name I used. "Grippli" might feature, "halfling" definitely, "good lad"?

Ooh, looks like I still have the character sheet attached. The name to look for is Mungo Melilot.

A friend who was in the game and took a look and it looks like incompleted apps got archived, accepted apps got moved, but the completed unaccepted apps seem to have just... vanished.

Hmm. I don't like "vanished". Will definitely look into it.

5 hours ago, Eric said:

Hmm. I don't like "vanished". Will definitely look into it.

@AnemoneEnemy - Unfortunately, I have bad news to report. It appears the forum containing those threads was in fact deleted, and the default Invision behavior in this case is to (after a short period of time) delete all the contents.

The only consolation I can offer is your report allowed us to discover this issue; I know how to fix it so it won't happen again; and it's now on the Trello development board as my #1 priority. I'm really sorry to have let this one slip through the cracks of earlier testing.

47 minutes ago, Eric said:

@AnemoneEnemy - Unfortunately, I have bad news to report. It appears the forum containing those threads was in fact deleted, and the default Invision behavior in this case is to (after a short period of time) delete all the contents.

The only consolation I can offer is your report allowed us to discover this issue; I know how to fix it so it won't happen again; and it's now on the Trello development board as my #1 priority. I'm really sorry to have let this one slip through the cracks of earlier testing.

No worries, if I can't rewrite the app but better I clearly don't really want to play the character. 😉 Thanks for checking it out. I assumed it was something more mundane like a hidden GM only forum or etc. 

Hi, 

Trying to add an image to a post and it seems to do nothing.

I want to add the following image to a post (https://imgur.com/N4X8jt5) , I click the other media and then 'insert image from url'.  I put in the url given to be imgur and just copy from browser, though when I click insert into post nothing happens, no errors etc either.

Any help appreciated. 

7 minutes ago, darkhugh said:

Hi, 

Trying to add an image to a post and it seems to do nothing.

I want to add the following image to a post (https://imgur.com/N4X8jt5) , I click the other media and then 'insert image from url'.  I put in the url given to be imgur and just copy from browser, though when I click insert into post nothing happens, no errors etc either.

Any help appreciated. 

The image link above is a page link rather than an image link. Imgur should offer some link option that ends in a recognized image extension (.png/.jpg/etc.) that should work.

On 2/27/2023 at 7:47 PM, AnemoneEnemy said:

No worries, if I can't rewrite the app but better I clearly don't really want to play the character. 😉 Thanks for checking it out. I assumed it was something more mundane like a hidden GM only forum or etc. 

The fix has just been deployed!

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into a couple of peculiarities and i was hoping if some of the code wizards couldn't help me out. I'm a bit rusty and my kung fu is not strong..

Question the first: Is there some padding around images by default and is there a way to override them? I've been adding some images and i've noticed there is quite a bit of padding on the right side - double that on the left - when you float images to the left (Image example in the spoiler). I took a look at the source and i couldn't SEE any special padding on the right. If there is some default padding, is there something i could use to shrink it up a bit?
Please ignore the mess i'm so ashamed but i had to line up the table to give a good line to measure to. I couldn't get two measurements but the other side is about 19px.

Padding?

Capture.PNG.791d3c2c972c41453db96664a4daae60.PNG

Question the second: In this same attempt i've noticed that there is a line above the table and i can't for the life of me get rid of it. Deleting it does all sorts of things - usually deleting the image - but even if i remove it in the source it resists my attempts.

Post code

spacer.pngThis damn line resists me

Damaia Hazil
AC: 19Armour: 14
Dexterity: +1
Shield: +2
Dueling style +2
| HP: 36 (*Abjuration Ward;
When casting an Abjuration Spell of 1st level or higher.
Gain Wizard level x2+Int mod as a Ward.
Whenever you cast Abjuration magic - even if the ward is at 0 - add a number of hit points equal to twice the level of the spell.
) | Proficiency: +2 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 12 | Speed: 30ft
Saves: Str +4 | Dex +1 | Con +4 | Int +5 | Wis +0 | Cha +0 | Resistances: Fire, Necrotic, Radiant
Special Abilities: Cloak of StarsEffect: Disadvantage on attacks against you for 1 minute.

As an action, you wrap yourself in a starry cloak, appearing like a silhouette forms of the night sky. When you doe, attack rolls have disadvantage against you. This cloak lasts for 1 minute, until you doff it (no action), or until you die. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
, Second WindOn turn, bonus action to regain 1d10+Fighter Level HP.

Once per short/long rest.
, Darkvision60ft

Thanks to your Infernal heritage, you have superior Vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only Shades of Gray.

Attacks: Long Sword [+2 | 1d8+2 Slashing. (Versatile. 1d10)] | Long Bow [+3 | 1d8+1. 150/600]
Spells; DC: 15. Attack +7. Spells Prepared 7. | Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Green-Flame Blade, Thaumaturgy
Level 1 [▣ ▣] | Magic Missile | Shield | Burning Hands | Grease | Absorb Elements | False Life | Frost Fingers

Question the third: I've noticed this for a little bit and i was wondering what peoples opinions on it were, and if maybe i was just missing a trick to sort of 'fix' it or if its just a default that i can't tweak.

I've noticed that when you use smaller font sizes, the actual line height does some.. interesting things.
For example at font size 14, which i believe is the default, has a line height of 23, when it should be about 21. 4px doesn't seem like much, but it can add up.

In fact, the line height for all font sizes besides the default 14 is larger regardless of whether the font size itself is smaller. Font size 10 has a line height of 25 while the font size of 14 has a line height of 23. Font size 20 has a line height of 30, which actually seems right at 150% of 20

However that means that the font size 10 with a line height of 25 is about 10px too large. which really does add up and can make layout and readability a bit of a hassle when you want to make some small text.

I went ahead and took some measurements because, you know, that sort of shit makes my brain go brr.

Font Size: 10 Line Height: 25 Optimal Height: 15
Font Size: 14 Line Height: 23 Optimal Height: 21
Font Size: 20 Line Height: 30 Optimal Height: 30

As you can see it seems 'perfect' at Font size 20 and just gets progressively more out of whack as it gets smaller. Its not going to break the site and its certainly not on the top of any list but it would be a great QOL improvement if we could bring the line height of the smaller fonts down a little.

Edited by Neopopulas (see edit history)

Not sure about the images, but you could add a style attribute to the image tag in source mode to set margin and padding to zero.  It may also be that there's margin/padding on any containing element in the HTML (eg: if the image is in a table cell, or a paragraph or div).  Source for that would simply be to add:

style="margin:0;padding:0;"

As for the line height, I've also come across that.   Managed to get around it by setting the line-height attribute to 100% (again in source mode), for example:

<p style="line-height:100%;font-size:28px;margin:0;padding:0;">

To get rid of that line just delete it, if it deletes the image (as they may be attached in the html) then that is ok, you can just add the image back once the line is gone. I have had trouble with lines myself at the end of a text section depending on when the image was inserted.

Default font size is indeed 14px but it does try to scale that font based on screen size as well, so may not be 14px on all devices.

Most browsers have a default line height built in of 1.2 and it looks like the themes are setting it to 1.3

The fact is that there is simply no magic number that works for all fonts and text types.

In your table example above, it may be the min height cell property effecting the smaller text to make it appear to have a larger line height as the height should be at a uniform 1.3 across all text.

Putting a example below so I can look at it in development tools.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Edit: Line Height 1.3 is what is showing for Font Size 10, looks like the Invision default is 1.6 and we adjusted that down in the themes.