Sheet Folders in Testing ×

How do I…?

Colin

@hoverfrog Right now you don’t, there’s nothing natively built into Invision Community to allow private text/posts/threads for specific users. The closest functionality is Hide, which makes a post/thread invisible for all but game GMs and co-GMs.

Adding those capabilities in is on the dev list though, so eventually we’ll have private functionality again (before Baldr’s launch, it’s considered an essential feature). 

On 6/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, Colin said:

@Conaldar If you want it open for players to be able to apply, we’ll need to change the game from Private to Public. Plugin so GMs can do this without needing staff is still pending for the moment. I just need to know the game name and I can change that for you, and when the ad period is over let me know and I’ll flip it to Private or Read Only.

To create an ad on OGMW, you’ll need to make a game forum on OGMW to make the relevant ad. I’d suggest that in the otherwise empty forum on OGMW that you create a thread clarifying again that this will be played on Baldr with a link, in case someone skims the ad and then goes to the OGMW forum and is confused.

@Colin: I have one that needs to be changed from private to public I guess...  Rise of the Jade Regent is the name.  Please and thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

RE: a visual way to detect if there are new posts in one of your games - on the side bar of the main page, under My Games. If the game icon is in full color, there are unread posts in the game. If the game icon is desaturated, there are no unread posts.

RE: a visual way to detect if there are new posts in a particular tab - no, other than to see those posts show up on the Overview Tab.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I’m used to using the bbcode on the old site to format my posts (in Keep or a Google doc or something) before dropping them onto the site. That way I can get get my field sets and oocs and everything lined up. I can’t seem to find a way to do that on Baldr. Or am I missing something?

Im sorry if this is addressed elsewhere. 

To clarify @SpyderGlider, are you trying to drop BBcode formatting onto Baldr? Because if that is the case Baldr does not recognize BBcode (Invision actually depreciated BBcode support a couple months before we started open beta).

Otherwise you can format in Word, Google Doc, or other rich text editors and copy/paste over formatted posts that way. You may have to make some adjustments if you’re trying to make an exceptionally fancy post, and will have to copy/paste piecemeal if you’re using OOC, Spoiler, or Fieldset fields, but the editor recognizes bold, italic, underlined, etc text formatting when copied and pasted.

Bwatford’s Migration Guide for copying content over from OGMW to Baldr also works similarly when done using rich text editors. That said, you can always have a “game” created just for your brainstorming and planning stuff on Baldr. With the post editor on Baldr, any formatting done in the post is how it will appear when posted.

Thanks for the quick response@Colin. I had tried bbcode previously and saw it didn’t work. I was just wondering if there was another coding language used. 

But I see you’re saying: I can do the font and character formatting (bold, italics, etc…) elsewhere. Bring that over to the site and then add the fieldsets and oocs. Ideally, like with bbcode, I could do all of that in one spot offline but not here. 

Thanks. You really helped me out with this answer. And I’ll check the Migration link!