1. Gathering of Heros

Excior

Morgansfort.jpg.9ac7831981e3d800ec31327382b429cd.jpg

The Toothless Dragon Tavern is a lively and atmospheric establishment located in the heart of Morgan's Fort, a wilderness moat and bailey fortress on the kingdom's southern border. This tavern is renowned for its convivial atmosphere, robust drinks, and spirited entertainment. Here's a description of the Toothless Dragon Tavern

The Toothless Dragon Tavern's facade is a sight to behold, beckoning travelers and locals alike. The building's exterior is adorned with a weathered wooden sign bearing the tavern's name, swinging gently above the welcoming entrance. Moss-covered wooden walls and beams give it a rustic and inviting appearance.

Stepping inside, you are enveloped in the lively ambiance of the Toothless Dragon Tavern. The interior exudes a rustic charm with its timbered walls and a warm, inviting atmosphere. Dimly lit lanterns cast a cozy glow throughout the space. The main gathering area is the heart of the tavern, where you have been coming for the past several weeks to socialize, celebrate, and unwind. Long wooden tables and benches are arranged in a communal style, encouraging camaraderie among guests. The centerpiece of the room is a sizable bar, bustling with activity.

The tavern's bar is a focal point, boasting a polished oak counter where a skilled bartender mixes and serves a wide array of drinks. Rows of gleaming bottles and barrels line the shelves behind the bar, showcasing an impressive selection of ales, wines, and spirits.

The Toothless Dragon Tavern is known for its lively entertainment. Musicians and bards often perform on a small stage, filling the air with merry tunes and storytelling. Occasionally, local performers showcase their talents, from jesters to firebreathers, adding to the excitement.

While the Toothless Dragon Tavern may not offer accommodations, it more than makes up for it with a tantalizing menu. Patrons can savor hearty pub fare, including savory pies, roasted meats, and a variety of flavorful snacks that pair perfectly with a cold drink. The tavern's signature cocktail, the "Dragon's Breath," is a favorite among regulars. A charming courtyard at the rear of the tavern offers an outdoor space for patrons to enjoy their drinks and meals when the weather is pleasant. Twinkling fairy lights hang overhead, creating a magical atmosphere for late-night gatherings.

The tavern is known for its friendly and lively atmosphere, making it a gathering place for adventurers, travelers, and villagers alike. Laughter, storytelling, and the clinking of tankards fill the air, creating an environment where memories are made.

Your group has become regulars and has even claimed a table near the back of the tavern with a good view of the front door. It is here you have gathered tonight to discuss your newly formed company’s name and to discuss your first course of action.

GM Notes:

Welcome to the game everybody. Feel free to make up names and places for your PC's history we can start a thread for such things if they are ever needed.

I have not run a PBP game in quite some time so please be understanding as I get back into the swing of things. I would like to make a GM post at least twice a week, however, I will attempt to wait until everybody has posted before I make a post.

I do not want to waste a whole lot of time at the Tavern if possible

GAME ON!

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

Talim.jpeg.519b935ff334314850329924fdcd909d.jpeg"Hey there“ I greet the Barkeeper with a smile and a nod. As one of my old comrades put it: being friendly to your barkeeper keeps spit out of your drinks. I stride in with big strides as if I was hasting to my goal before I correct to smaller steps to accommodate my shorter companions, don’t want to run away from them after all.

I still like this wholesome atmosphere in the tavern, something that is so different from my hometown, where big gatherings would likely just happen on the village square or an elders home. The many different people, sounds and odors, it’s like bathing in an amalgamation of adventure.

After I sat down on my usual place I looked to my new companions. What a merry band we are I think humorously to myself and grin, just like this tavern a lot of different people with different backgrounds and personalities. My view goes to Nabbi who I call by my nickname for him with a grin (which I gave him when he first tried to steal from me) „Hey fingers, I think you still owe me a drink for the last time you tried to loot my gold“

OOC: so First playing post on this website hope this is ok ;-)

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

320 Mage - Male ideas | fantasy characters, character portraits, character  art

Kendrik walks in the bar and smiles at irene and orders an ale. He has had many meals here including his graduation from his training from his mentor. Kendrik still hopes once day that he would see his mentor here but his mentor disappeared five years ago without a note or trace. He recognizes a familiar face and get a drink and heads over to the table. He says, " hello hopefully the others will arrive soon. We can then discuss our next course of action."

Edited by dtspurrier (see edit history)

DreamShaper_v7_Halfling_Druid_tattoos_wild_female_a_game_chara_1.jpeg.5cd968c065b5c5cfc18b839cebf60f63.jpeg

Verity bursts through the door, having put more strength into it than was perhaps necessary but you could never tell with tavern doors, they never were made for her folk, some of them were made of sturdy oak from an ancient tree, and weighed a ton, well it felt like it to Verity, she silently thanked the tree for providing shelter from the elements even if it was no longer in its true form.

She looks around and sees a space at the bar, with several high bar stools, she heads straight there, clambers up the stool, and sits her arse on the cushioned top "Ale please, and something hot and tasty to eat, got any sausage?" her voice is hale and hearty with a light tone and inflection, a waft of 'fresh rain on earth' and scented flower blossoms ravages your nose, it is both heavenly and earthy at the same time.

Seeing Kendrik, and what was the other guy's name, she really should get better at knowing people's names, at the table, she jumps down and joins them.

"So boys, whats the deal, any new and interesting things to get embroiled in?"

Edited by 8w_gremlin
added a yes...and (see edit history)

Pin on RPG/D&D Characters II: Small Races (dwarves, gnomes, halflings)Nabbi had been in the tavern, slumped in a corner sleeping off the morning, or perhaps the prior evenings drinking. It smelled a bit like last weeks drinking. As he woke up he grabbed a bit of the bread and eat from his beard. His eyes were blurred as he made his way to the bar. As he saw his once coworkers there he would dust off the bits of his beard and armor.

"Oi, what Verity said. I need a job, runnin' low on funds. Toothless Dragon keeps takin' all mine into its hoard." He reaches for a stool to put to the bar and waddles up onto it

Bennin.jpg.44839b9f637bf1bbdf2d3fb049c33cc7.jpgMoving his long and lanky legs off the chair he had been saving for the halfling and sitting forward, the ever jovial Benni scratches some arcane sigils into a pad of wax before chuckling and wiping it smooth again. "Well hello there Verity. Embroiled? Well I'm not so sure."

Bony fingers tapping out half a tune on the table and fidgeting with the angle of a toggle holding his vest together, he looks to the others in an open way, inviting them to take the lead if they had anything.

Edited by Quint Essence (see edit history)

spacer.png

Nei-Fara enters next, and overhearing all of the talk of prospects, decides to let everyone else down gently for her part... "Little has reached my ears... If it's not caravaneers asking for healing hands and soothing words, atrong arms, guides through the wild, or problem-solvers..." She nods first to the warriors in the group; and then Verity is acknowledged; after any present magi are given their notice, a scrutinizing look makes its way to Nabbi but a nod is given to him just the same. Then, she sighs. "It is someone afraid to handle rats in their cellars. None willing to pay any of these asks their worth."

When a member of the service staff passes by, she orders lighter fare. Maybe soup with some bread, and water, and beer. As a (hopefully) humorous aside, she adds, "...and, if you know where we might find work suited for our skills, I would happily add not only to your own coffers but to this Dragon's hoard, that they might finally get new teeth made."

Bennin.jpg.44839b9f637bf1bbdf2d3fb049c33cc7.jpgHis smile falters for just a moment when he hears the term "War band", leaving his skin a bit blanched. "Oh - right, I just remembered something. Maybe if that many goblins are in our future, we should find some better protection first?"

Pulling out a hastily scribbled note, Benni continues "Yes, there is supposed to be an abandoned 'Fort Vamtel' positioned in the course of the Westbell river... a few story-tellers were saying that its stores of magical armor were never recovered from the underground sections. Could be a prudent tack mayhap?"

It was an effort to try and hide his lack of experience - and not an entirely successful one.

Talim.jpeg.519b935ff334314850329924fdcd909d.jpeg
I look at the band slowly filling the room, and order myself some ale too, though I have already eaten. „Aye to much people looking for adventures if we don’t get a head start, we might never find something decent. A real dragon hoard or something.“

I sigh, again my dreams are harder to reach than I remember, but luckily it seems that my companions at leases tribe for the same end as I do. I look to Benni „A magical armor eh? Well I Heard of a magical sword entombed in a nearby island, I wonder if that wouldn’t be a easier catch as a fort seems to be something rarely left alone in these parts of the world. Though I would rather check out those goblins, I mean not fight but if they amass and try to attack the city, what use is it if we get great loot without a place to spend it?“

Edited by Thraxas (see edit history)

320 Mage - Male ideas | fantasy characters, character portraits, character  art

Kendrick sips his ale and says, " I head that hostilities have broken out between the goblins and kobolds in the area. Plus a local group of adventurers has hidden a boat in the swamp south of the collapsed bridge. So any of these look interesting. Granted these are rumors"

Pin on RPG/D&D Characters II: Small Races (dwarves, gnomes, halflings)"Old fort's often have plenty of loot, and plenty of gold hidden away. If that's the Fort to the south i've seen, that's my vote. ' he says glancing over to Talim. "I'm all for a good heroin' if the money's good. But I ain't to proud to admit I'm ill equipped f'r that. And I've seen you fight lad, you ain't there yet either. Fort's better."

DreamShaper_v7_Halfling_Druid_tattoos_wild_female_a_game_chara_1.jpeg.5cd968c065b5c5cfc18b839cebf60f63.jpeg

"Err can we go after break-fast" A plate of hot sausage, eggs, bacon, and toast arrives for Verity "I'd hate for these creatures to have died for nothing," she says as she forks a sausage and stuffs it in her mouth

"but", "after that", "we should head to the Fort", "More rumours point there," she says taking bites and chewing between words

Talim.jpeg.519b935ff334314850329924fdcd909d.jpeg

"Well then off to the fort we go" Talim says, bowing to the main opinion here. He sighs again but then tries to be more positive about it. Adventure is also good and perhaps if its just kobolds and goblins going at each other, it wouldnt effect the group or city much. Saving the day is of course something that is bound to be done after you are equipped like a hero... or something like that.

At Verity he says "I have already eaten but you bite some big chunks so you can grow big and strong" forgetting like he sometimes does, that his companions dont grow up anymore