1. Gathering of Heros

Excior

spacer.png

Nai-Fara takes in the rumors and ruminations of her companions. Then, she adds between bites, "I have heard tell of a necromancer who became lost. Starisel Zelinth was his name. He sought out an underground complex of some sort... Possibly, beneath our destination. First, let us finish our meals..." She smiles in agreement at her more pragmatic companions.

DreamShaper_v7_Halfling_Druid_tattoos_wild_female_a_game_chara_1.jpeg.5cd968c065b5c5cfc18b839cebf60f63.jpeg

"Now," verity said as she chomped down another bit of sausage "if memory serves me right, we were in the heated debate of what to call our merry band of ne'er do wells, misfits, and 'adventurers'" she airs quotes with her hand her fork, which has another piece of sausage on it, bobs as she does so.

"I can't remember where we ended up, and who was elected as chief person to blame, err I mean to make the important decisions. my memory of that night gets a little hazy" She turns sharply toward Talim pointing her sausage-laden fork at him "I blame you Talim, I think it was your encouraging Nabbi for us to move on to spirits when we still had perfectly good ale" her face is full of mirth, with a sly grin.

"anyhoo, I think we can come up with something as we head off to this fort, what say you?" she spins her fork around and then promptly puts the sausage in her mouth and chews

OOC

As our DM brought this up in our OOC thread a few days ago, I thought we could bring it In Character (IC)

spacer.png

Nei-Fara takes another drink, and says, "I feel like Benny might be a good choice." She nods at the mage. "I've seen the way folk regard you." She continues. "As for a name, why not..." She ponders, mumbling to herself. "'The Silver Seekers'? Or just 'The Seekers'. We are, after all, seeking a better use of our time and skills, and also seeking something precious -- money. Perhaps if we go with 'silver', we could talk to a jeweller and see about having a ring made for each of us... An identifier."

Edited by SCARY WIZARD
it's the Green Lantern Corps (see edit history)

Laughing a bit and clapping the cover back on his Bennin.jpg.44839b9f637bf1bbdf2d3fb049c33cc7.jpgtablet, Benni nods deep. It wasn't something he would have brought up, but as it seemed that he was the most approachable of the group, it wasn't an unexpected 'offer' either. "I'll certainly do my best to deflect blame. My dad always wanted me to be a politician. Didn't sit well with me then, but for the right people, I can take that hit."

'Pop-popita-pop' he snaps his finger and claps a hand over a fist while rising. "Thanks for the vote of confidence. No time like the present, I don't have any more needs in town. I think we will need some of that coin before we can talk to a jeweler."

Edited by Quint Essence (see edit history)

overland.jpg.bff50b12efa5a052b173b63467f33bb7.jpgAs the Seekers set off for the old island fortress south of Morgansfort, the morning sun casts a warm glow over the landscape, and a sense of anticipation fills the air. The group follows the great southern road, their footsteps echoing on the well-maintained path. The occasional patrolling soldiers from Morgansfort give a reassuring presence, ensuring a peaceful journey.

After about twenty minutes of steady walking, the Seekers encounter another road branching off in the direction of the old fortress. This road, however, is in a much worse state than the main one, showing signs of neglect and decay. Where once a grassy field stretched out, a swamp now claims the land, with the river not far in the distance. The trees on the island, their destination, can be seen on the horizon, their branches swaying gently in the breeze.

The Seekers exchange glances, acknowledging the challenge that lies ahead. The road ahead may be treacherous, but their determination to reach the old island fortress and uncover its secrets drives them forward. With weapons at their sides and gear in tow, they continue down the crumbling path, ready to face whatever obstacles await them on this adventure.

GM: NotesEarly Fall.
28 September, 3444 Common Year
9:30 AM
Sunny and cool with a brisk breeze from the northeast

Seekers Present
Talim (Fighter) x
Nei-Fara (Cleric) x
Benni (Magic User)
Verty (Druid) x
Nabbi (Thief) x
Kendrick Sanstern (Magic User) x

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

320 Mage - Male ideas | fantasy characters, character portraits, character  art

Kendrick comments, " this is what happens when society lets nature takes its course. There used to be people who would help clear the roads, now it looks like that has stopped. Well lets try to make up some time. "

(OOC Kendrick left his horse in the stables)

Edited by dtspurrier (see edit history)

Talim.jpeg.519b935ff334314850329924fdcd909d.jpeg
Talim looks upon the downtrodden path with sparkling eyes and responds enthusiastically „You’re wrong friend, this is what the way to adventure looks like, a path that isn’t used often and that is not as easy but has way more to offer. Isn’t that exactly why we came here?“

Pin on RPG/D&D Characters II: Small Races (dwarves, gnomes, halflings)"Adventure and civilization crumblin' are part of the same package. If'n everything worked proper, wouldn't be room for adventuers." Nabbi said trudging forward.

"Hope the bridge to tha' island is still up. Heard from a drunk there's crocodiles in the waters. He, and I, were very drunk though, so who knows?"

spacer.png

Nei-Fara looks at the path ahead with indifference. "I prefer a balance between the two, but... I will work with either, 'or'." She nods at the thief. "Maybe he was telling the truth." Unwilling to put herself and the others at risk, she readies her sling with a bullet in one hand, and her hammer in the other... Which one she might need to use, if any at all, is not known...

Bennin.jpg.44839b9f637bf1bbdf2d3fb049c33cc7.jpg"Well I'll just consider these muddy boots as proof we are actually off the beaten path. Not that protecting another caravan wouldn't be fun, but variety is the spice of life." Benni mused to the group in general.

Upon hearing about the crocs, he shook his head "Such beasts in this area, I'd think they'd get chilly in the winters. Now giant swamp rats, I hear they can be every bit as dangerous in the shallows." Despite the unassuring statement, it was said with a toothy smile.

Edited by Quint Essence (see edit history)