1. Gathering of Heros

Excior

320 Mage - Male ideas | fantasy characters, character portraits, character  art

Kenrick says, " although traveling with a caravan will have hot food and taste depends on the cook. No this is fun so far I really don't get out much. So a necromancer was living here in the swamp, no real surprise. Lets go find this bridge."

SwampRoadtoOldIslandFortress.jpeg.486c392c184602b1d5fe54decb7ccc53.jpeg

As your group proceeds along the overgrown road, the persistent onslaught of mosquitoes and other biting insects makes the journey quite uncomfortable. The road, winding its way toward the river, twists and turns unexpectedly. Rounding one such curve, your group is abruptly confronted by a scouting party of humanoid creatures. These beings possess high-sloping foreheads, pug noses, and tusks jutting from the corners of their mouths. Clad in ring mail armor, each carries a menacing sword designed for cleaving.

Approximately 40 feet away, the creatures form a semi-circle, and the largest among them raises an arm, pointing directly at your group. In broken common, he delivers a demand, "Throw down your arms and kneel before your betters, or we will kill you where you stand."

GM Notes: There are 9 Humanoids you think might be orcs but you have never actually seen one.

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

320 Mage - Male ideas | fantasy characters, character portraits, character  art

Kendrick says nothing, feeling a little nervous about his first combat, he hand slowly goes over to his belt pouch where his magical sand is. If there is combat he knows to throw it in the air aim it at the bad guys and try to put them to sleep. Just as his mentor showed him He does wait for the caller to respond first.

Bennin.jpg.44839b9f637bf1bbdf2d3fb049c33cc7.jpgA little confusedly, Benni looks around to see if there is anyone else there. "I'm sorry... did you mean us? I am having a bit of trouble with the accent, but I don't think that 'betters' really makes sense in this context. Out on the road, I have noticed a loosening of the usual hierarchys."

Making a sweeping bow, he smiles at the threatening stranger - no better idea as to stop his teeth from chattering. "My name is Benni. We were due for a bit of rest anyway... perhaps we can share lunch and cool things down before anyone has to get hurt, yeah?"

Talim.jpeg.519b935ff334314850329924fdcd909d.jpeg
Talim strengthens the grip around his spear a little. Not one to talk in this kind of dangerous situations, even less so with Bennis rather unorthodox way of diplomacy he keeps silent.

A short step in front puts him before his companions as he assumes it would be best to keep this with less armor and experience in weapons behind him. Of course he doesn’t try to threaten here as it seems like they are hugely at a disadvantage.

DreamShaper_v7_Halfling_Druid_tattoos_wild_female_a_game_chara_1.jpeg.5cd968c065b5c5cfc18b839cebf60f63.jpeg

Verity looked over to the creatures, wondering what they were like, she had seen many other humanoids, but not like these, they seemed more robust than the talk of goblins, she wondered if they were orcs or bug-bears, she was so caught up in her wonderings, she didn't seem to hear them speak.

When she realised they were talking to them, she looked around as if wondering who they were talking to, she pointed to herself "You mean us?" her voice was calm but a little confused as to whom they were talking to.

The Orc leader snarls and points his cleaving sword at the party “Kill them, Kill them all.” At his command the rest of the orcs charge toward you group closing the distance very quickly.

image.png.11e96b39be3b96f7ea5d75d53a7fecfd.pngimage.png.c0861b8b89102245e24e8e7c5c9b7be7.png

OOC: I am going to take out my high dex goes first rule and let each of you roll to see who goes first. It will take them 1 round to get  to you so we will not roll side initiative this round. You guys can post your attack rolls because their action this round was closing the gap.

So far the thief has moved away from the party either down to the edge of the water or into it, the orcs appear to not notice him.

PC Posting Status

Talim (Fighter)- DM posted ( Inish: 5)

Nei-Fara (Cleric)- Posted (Inish: 6)

Benni (Magic User)- Posted (Inish: 2)

Verty (Druid)- Posted (Inish: 2)

Nabbi (Thief)- Posted (Inish: 7)

Kendrick Sanstern (Magic user)- Posted (Inish:2)

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

DreamShaper_v7_Halfling_Druid_tattoos_wild_female_a_game_chara_1.jpeg.5cd968c065b5c5cfc18b839cebf60f63.jpeg

Verity launches a shot from her short bow, but in her rush to get the shot out, it goes wide.
"fir cones!" she curses, as she loads another arrow.

OOC, Mechanics

Halflings are quick-witted, adding +1 to Initiative die rolls.

Attack Orc 8

Should I be rolling d20's or d6's sorry new to this?

Edited by 8w_gremlin (see edit history)
Name
Shortbow Attack
1d20+1 5
D6 Init
1d6+1 1
d6 attack
1d6+1 5

Bennin.jpg.44839b9f637bf1bbdf2d3fb049c33cc7.jpg"Eek, no really. You all look very tired - I insist. Sleeeeep!" He traces a sign with his long and flexible fingers in the air, invoking the spirit of drowsiness.

Actions/Initiative

Cast Sleep far enough back that it just barely misses our front line (that might make it miss 7 and 8 as well, DM call) If they are 3 Hit Die or less, Save vs. Spell or fall unconscious. At 4 Hit Die only one would have to save. 5 or Higher, the spell just fails.

Initiative

Edited by Quint Essence (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d6+1 1

Nabbi coming along the side would move forward with his axe, looking to hit one of the orcs as another one did, trying to stay out of sight of the one thats been occupied

Name
d6 init
1d6+1 6
To hit (+4 if sneak attack)
1d20+1 10
Damage (double if sneak attack)
1d6+1 3

Talim: AC:14 with Shield 15, +1 to hit and damage with melee weapons, +1 to hit with missile weapons + 1 to initiative HP: 9/9 weapons: Short sword: 1d6 Dagger:1d4 Spear: 1 H 1d6, 2H 1d8.

Talim.jpeg.519b935ff334314850329924fdcd909d.jpegTalim was brave, as brave as they come, however, the young man had never encountered an evil race before and was kinda shocked at how bloodthirsty they seemed, the big one had given the order to attack and kill them all.

All Talim could do was angle his spear at the charging orcs and brace the but of it with his foot the young fighter held on with all the strength he could muster just like he had been instructed to do back home with the militia.

Name
Initiative
1d6+1 4
Set spear vs charge or Normal attack
1d20+1 19
two handed attack damage
1d8+1 1