Yaza Opalseer, Deep Gnome Artificer (Battle Smith)

Eagleheart

Yaza Opalseer - Deep Gnome Artificer
"If you don't have a knight in shining armor, make your own."

spacer.png[Sheet Link]

Race: Deep Gnome

Background: Clan Crafter

Class: Artificer (Battle Smith)

STR 9 (-1)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 13 (+1)
INT 18 (+4)
WIS 12 (+!)
CHA 8 (-1)

9 HP

Saves
-1 STR | +3 CON
+2 DEX | +6 INT
+1 WIS | -1 CHA

Items
Dungeoneer's packIncludes a backpack, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
2 daggers
Light crossbow
20 crossbow bolts
Scale mail
Traveler's clothes
Thieves' tools
Mason's tools
A maker's mark chisel used to mark her handiwork
A pouch containing 5 gp and a gem worth 10 gp

Background
Yaza left the Underdark at a young age and never looked back. She has spent the last 40 years using her considerable crafting skills to make a name for herself in Mirabar, befriending many dwarves along the way. Thanks to her hard work, she was inducted into the Redshield clan and became accepted as an honorary dwarf. But recently she has become quite restless, so when she heard a rumor that the Rockseekers had discovered something interesting, she quickly decided to join their expedition.

Personality
Until very recently, Yaza was extremely dedicated to her work and to her adoptive dwarven clan. But recently, something changed, and so did she - now it seems she wants nothing to do with her clan, and she hopes to find a new place to ply her trade. She certainly knows her stuff, but her attitude has been a bit of a stumbling block. She seems cheerful and friendly, but often with a heavy undercurrent of sarcasm and condescension - saying "oh, gods bless you" to people who are making bad decisions, and stuff like that. This, along with her tendency to be a bit of a know-it-all, has made it a bit difficult for her to find new friends.

Appearance
Short, moonlight-colored hair frames a pretty face and an array of colorful piercings - most of which she made herself. Her eyes are a soft grey, and her lips are almost always set in a smirk. Her weapons are simple but practical. Her armor, on the other hand, is quite finely-crafted and bears the symbol of her old dwarven clan - though she insists that's simply because she hasn't bought new armor yet. She also wears a large backpack which holds a variety of tools and machines, one of which is a clockwork spider - she claims it's a work in progress, but once complete, it will be able to fight on her behalf.

Traits
"I look down on those who can't appreciate fine craftsmanship."

"I know exactly what everything is worth, and I feel insulted when the asking price is too high - or too low, for that matter."

Ideal
"Freedom. Everyone should be free to pursue their own livelihood."

Bonds
"I don't miss the Underdark, but I do miss my family. I wonder if they are still alive."

"I created a great work for someone, and then found them unworthy to receive it. I’m still looking for someone worthy."

Flaws
"I was abandoned by someone I trusted, so now I don't truly trust anyone besides myself."

"I'm great at crafting, but I'm bad with people."

Feats and Features

Background Feature
Respect of the Stout FolkAs well respected as clan crafters are among outsiders, no one esteems them quite so highly as dwarves do. You always have free room and board in any place where shield dwarves or gold dwarves dwell, and the individuals in such a settlement might vie among themselves to determine who can offer you (and possibly your compatriots) the finest accommodations and assistance.

Race Features
Darkvision 120ft
Gift of the SvirfneblinStarting at 3rd level, you can cast the disguise self spell with this trait. Starting at 5th level, you can also cast the nondetection spell with it, without requiring a material component. Once you cast either of these spells with this trait, you can’t cast that spell with it again until you finish a long rest. You can also cast these spells using spell slots you have of the appropriate level.

Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells when you cast them with this trait (choose when you select this race).

Gnomish Magic ResistanceYou have advantage on Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws against spells.
Svirfneblin CamouflageWhen you make a Dexterity (Stealth) check, you can make the check with advantage. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Class Features
Magical TinkeringAt 1st level, you learn how to invest a spark of magic into mundane objects. To use this ability, you must have thieves’ tools or artisan’s tools in hand. You then touch a Tiny nonmagical object as an action and give it one of the following magical properties of your choice:

―The object sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet.
―Whenever tapped by a creature, the object emits a recorded message that can be heard up to 10 feet away. You utter the message when you bestow this property on the object, and the recording can be no more than 6 seconds long.
―The object continuously emits your choice of an odor or a nonverbal sound (wind, waves, chirping, or the like). The chosen phenomenon is perceivable up to 10 feet away.
―A static visual effect appears on one of the object’s surfaces. This effect can be a picture, up to 25 words of text, lines and shapes, or a mixture of these elements, as you like.

The chosen property lasts indefinitely. As an action, you can touch the object and end the property early.

You can bestow magic on multiple objects, touching one object each time you use this feature, though a single object can only bear one property at a time. The maximum number of objects you can affect with this feature at one time is equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one object). If you try to exceed your maximum, the oldest property immediately ends, and then the new property applies.

Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)
Name
Stats, set 1
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),6) 4,5,5,5,2,3,5,6,1,1,4,4,2,3,4,4,4,4,5,6,1,3,3,3
Stats, set 2
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),6) 1,3,5,5,1,3,5,5,1,2,4,6,3,4,6,6,1,1,1,6,2,2,3,4

This is still a bit of a rough draft, but it's mostly finished now. @The Eyeball Kid

spacer.png Yaza Opalseer

HP: 9/9
AC: 16 | P.Perception: 13

Saves
-1 STR | +3 CON
+2 DEX | +6 INT
+1 WIS | -1 CHA

"Words words words"

Actions actions actions

Thoughts thoughts thoughts

Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)

Thanks for the app, very nice!

I think perhaps Yaza has heard talk among her dwarf friends of a forge in Phandalin called Exotic Alloys that specializes in exactly that, working with unusual and exotic metals and their alloys. Might be worth a visit! it's owned by a mountain dwarf named Hilda Stoneheart and her wife who, if rumors are to be believed, is an Elf!

Edited by The Eyeball Kid (see edit history)