OOC/Brainstorm BlackFinch's Game

SMARTAgentKC

DnD_BasicRules_2018.pdf (wizards.com)

The link above should warp you to the basic rules available on wizards of the coast. Page 46 to 53 lists various prices of basic equipment. Sell price is usually half of the base price according to the dmg.

for this game I'm allowing people to get whatever they want/need (within reasonable limits) from the adventure gear, weapons, armor, and tool lists so that they have access to all their proficiencies and other abilities plus I am giving them a limited choice of a +1 magical equip or any 1 common magic item (not counting healing potions) as long as they tie it to their background

This unfortunately doesn't include the moon sickle because that is an uncommon magic item highly valued by druids and rangers because it boosts their spellcasting abilities plus gives them a boost to their healing which is a little much to start with on this particular adventure considering I'm allowing you to go in at level 3 with all the basic gear you need plus a magical equip. when normally you would be at level 1 with just starting gear

If you want a budget range aim for 200gp but I’m not gonna get to mouthy if you go over a bit (anything under 250gp)

16 minutes ago, PixCO said:

I'll crib some formatting for my posts in a bit. @BobtheWizard - do you mind if I steal what you've compiled? It looks very clean.

Do we want to decide on unique speech colors for the characters? I'm not sure if that's still the tradition.

Of course you can. It's from BWatford if you ever want to thank him. I don't usually color my speech in BALDR. If you leave the default, it changes to whatever works best for each background in case someone has a different one.

4 minutes ago, BobtheWizard said:

Of course you can. It's from BWatford if you ever want to thank him. I don't usually color my speech in BALDR. If you leave the default, it changes to whatever works best for each background in case someone has a different one.

If he's still active I'm sure we'll run into each other eventually. I'll try to get it incorporated before we need the visible stats. It's Deployment Day, and I'll be overseeing much of the work. That's going to just exhaust my tolerance for fiddly bits, so hopefully there's no hurry.

Also, figured to bypass the slow-to-trust vigilante cliche and assumed a critical success on her Intuition and can trust Zorian. Seems easier.

22 hours ago, BobtheWizard said:

Okay -- cloning is easy enough, but is there a way to save that as a quickly accessed template? Other than saving off the source code and posting from that.

1 minute ago, PixCO said:

Okay -- cloning is easy enough, but is there a way to save that as a quickly accessed template? Other than saving off the source code and posting from that.

I always just clone from another character, then edit it. So click on clone at the bottom, go to your new game, and the click the 2 squares that are the last icon in the header.

17 minutes ago, BobtheWizard said:

I always just clone from another character, then edit it. So click on clone at the bottom, go to your new game, and the click the 2 squares that are the last icon in the header.

I'll do it that way, then. Cross-thread cloning makes it pretty useful as well. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...