What's Your Favorite Halloween Costume?

Bartmanhomer

3 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

SCA Garb

Because I already have like nine outfits to choose from and don't have to buy anything new.

Cool.

19 minutes ago, MrAndrewJ said:

I had been going back and doing all some before life fell apart. Devil, angel, clown, vampire, wizard. I even managed a halfway fun Mummy once.

Werewolf was, and maybe still is, on my wishlist.

Wow. That's a lot of Halloween costumes.

Most fun would have been the time I spent all year collecting things that looked properly 'Wizardly'. Three layers of robes, amulets, a staff, mystical stickers. I even glued magnets to the feet of a toy raven so it could perch on various places. The whole thing looked like garbage and I got rid of the bird because it was scaring one of the kids, but otherwise it was a blast.

Most infamous would have been the Kilted Barbarian. Bad enough that H.R. took my Conan sword away, but I also shouldn't have flashed that one co-worked who asked if I was wearing it like a Real ScottsmanTM. Still fun, though.

Hands-down absolute favorite? Cut two of the fangs out of a set of cheap plastic vampire teeth and glue them to your forehead. They end up looking like very adorable and natural horns. It's comfortable, works well with any wardrobe or office setting, and you can throw it together by grabbing whatever items were close at hand as the Costume Parade went past your desk.

• 2 weeks later...

The year Power Rangers came out, my aunt hand-made my sister and I Pink and Green Ranger costumes. They were excellent quality and I think I still have them, somewhere, though naturally I'm not 6.

As an adult, I did Nurse Joker after the Dark Knight came out. Very proud of the face makeup but after 14 hours of it my face hurt.