The Second Step

Ruess

Ruven Kair | "My Speech" | 'My thoughts' | My actions.

Ruven Kair Male, Neutral Good, Lesser Air Genasi Wizard 2, Level 2, Init +3, HP 9/9, Speed 40ft
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3, BAB +1
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Conditions None

Memorized Spells

SPELL SLOTS (Cantrip, DC 14) 3+3 | (1st, DC 15) 1+3+1 | (2nd) 0 | (3rd) 0

1. Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, (Caltrops*), (Caltrops*), (Caltrops*)

2. Color Spray, Grease*, (Grease*), (Lesser Orb of Acid*), (Resinous Tar*)

Feats / Abilities

FEATS
  • FLAW: Improved Levitation
  • Wizard: Scribe Scroll
  • 1st: Cloudy Conjuration
  • 3rd: Blank
ABILITIES
  • Improved Levitation 4/5
  • Abrupt Jaunt 4/4

Ruven is startled by the sudden attack, but readies for action.

OOC:

Nothing to see here

Name
Initiative
1d20+3 2

kaldakacziltoken.png.a6ea8c384f8aeed975b2e258389128fa.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 2, Level 2, Init 1, HP 19/23, Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft
AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 2  
  Bite  +5 (1d8+4, x2)
  Chainmail Barding (+5 Armor, +1 Dex, +1 Natural Armor)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 16
Senses Keen Senses (half distance penalties for perception), Keen Low-Light Vision (multiply effective illumination distances for the dragon by 4), Darkvision 120ft.
Conditions None

Kaldakaczil turns his head towards the surprised sound, his scaled form flexing as he prepared to come to the rogue's assistance!

Name
Initiative
1d20+1 11

image.png.7f4bb0da8e0f754d4f1bfbea3dc477c7.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Male - Neutral Good - Human Wizard (High Conjurer) / Duskblade

Initiative: +1 

Hit Points: 13/13

Speed: 30

Armour Class: 14

Touch: 11 / Flat-footed: 13,

Fort +3 / Ref +1 / Will +5

Base Attack Bonus: +1

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 14

Doallyn draws his blade, as he readies for a possible conflict.

Name
Initiative
1d20+1 10

Lights In The Dark

Combat Order

Mahdi 23

Saai 12

Kaldakaczil 12

Doallyn 11

Grey 10

Ruven 5

Mahdi! Saai! Kaldakazil! Doallyn!

A grey humanoid thing has Mahdi in a chokehold!

Hurry!

AdrielFifth weekday, 32th49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total.

Morning 9:57

Ruven Kair Male, Neutral Good, Lesser Air Genasi Wizard 2, Level 2, Init +3, HP 9/9, Speed 40ft
Conditions None

Memorized Spells

Feats / Abilities

FEATS
ABILITIES
  • Abrupt Jaunt 4/4

Ruven was more startled by the attack than he thought, taken aback, confused about what he should do. Something isn't right. He calls out to his companion, "Are you all right? Can you still breathe?"

OOC:

Nothing to see here

1091509697_warriorangry.png.95821e9ec55d3bccbea9b2b0df864a08.png

Saai Vees reacts when the grey humanoid lunges from within the stone. Without hesitation, she charges forward with her bastard sword raised, determined to free Mahdi from this mysterious assailant's grasp.

With a dance of deadly grace, she strikes to free Mahdi from its grip, following her charge forward.

Name
Dance forward in a charge (roll play)
d20+4 6
Attack (+2 from charge); damage
16; 4
d20+6+2;d10+3 [8]; [8,1]

S9DYqqC.jpg.b8aad4d0c17e392306e13402c0ef02d7.jpgMahdi Dawud
المهدي دَاوُوْد
HP:
11/13 AC: 17
Character Sheet--->Here

"Huuurk! Chyork huuuuurf!" Mahdi attempts to say something sarcastic as kicks his feet and tries to squirm out of the creature's grip. Suddenly going limp, he slips from its grasp and dodges away. "Yeah, I could breathe great, how about killing it?"

OOC

Roll Incoming

Take 5 ft step away if he breaks free.

Edited by Chaz Hoosier (see edit history)
Name
Escape Artist
1d20+4 14

spacer.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

I'm down to cantrips. So this might be a possible tactical retreat assuming no one else has something up their sleeve.

He moved up quickly towards the conflict, though not being able to reach the creature just yet.

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)
Name
Longsword 
1d20+1 7
Damage
1d8 3

kaldakacziltoken.png.a6ea8c384f8aeed975b2e258389128fa.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 2, Level 2, Init 1, HP 19/23, Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft
AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 2  
  Bite  +5 (1d8+4, x2)
  Chainmail Barding (+5 Armor, +1 Dex, +1 Natural Armor)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 16
Senses Keen Senses (half distance penalties for perception), Keen Low-Light Vision (multiply effective illumination distances for the dragon by 4), Darkvision 120ft.
Conditions None

Seeing Mahdi in danger, the dragon spins around and lunges for the strange creature, trying to get his claws and fangs upon the unknown entity so that he can wring it off of the rogue!

Name
Grapple Check
1d20+5 16
Unarmed Damage (nonlethal)
1d3+3 1
Touch Attack
1d20+5 12
Grapple Check
1d20+7 4
Free Attack w/ Trip
24; 10
1d20+5;1d8+4 [19]; [19,6]
Str vs. Trip (+4 for quadruped!)
1d20+7 13

Posted (edited)

Lights In The Dark

Combat Order

Mahdi 23

Saai 12

Kaldakaczil 12

Doallyn 11

Grey 10

Ruven 5

Mahdi succeeds in slipping from the grasp of this humanoid thing. It growls and snarls, and right as Mahdi slips away from its now-distinct fingers you hear a voice that sounds just so off to your hears yelling "Nhoohoohoo!" but it lasts only the short time it takes for Kaldakazil to lunge in and with ample force come upon the creature. There is a yelp as Kaldakazil flips the creature off of its two legs and sends it crashing to the ground.

Not-Kaldakazil.jpg.72ee51d190a82c192c224246aa4a7518.jpg

Without a warning, the grey thing blurs its entire form - and something else springs right at Kaldakazil! It bears a shining golden hide of scales, and a brilliant crest that is bent in a way no crest ever should be... And it's missing more than a bit where a dragon should have its lower jaw. Its eyes are liquid pools of color that do not blink. Not once. Not ever.

It ululates with an echoing voice and then lunges violently at Kaldakazil!

It swishes a tail that is longer than its body at the golden dragon and then rotates it in full counterance of how tails should work, threatening the send your entire group to the floor through the sheer force of the tail, and follows the tail swing with a manic lunge of teeth at Kaldakazil, against which the dragon's barding is no use!

Kaldakazil is injured! Kaldakazil takes 10 points of damage!

AdrielFifth weekday, 32th49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total.

Edited by Ruess (see edit history)

2120943209_wistfulsad.png.a7fcbf3666cdb8318b1a24e0b03b80f7.png

Saai Vees's worry intensifies as she witnesses Kaldakazil's injury from the vicious attack. Seeing her dragon companion in pain, she quickly assesses the situation and realizes the severity of the threat they face. Without hesitation, she channels her divine energy, focusing on Kaldakazil with a sense of urgency.

With a sense of urgency, Saai casts Cure Light Wounds, her hands glowing with a soft, healing light as she reaches out toward Kaldakazil. She pours her energy into the spell, channeling it into the wounded dragon to mend his injuries and ease his pain. Her heart races with concern as she watches the golden light envelop Kaldakazil, hoping that her healing magic will be enough to sustain him through the battle.

As the spell takes effect, Saai's worry remains evident in her expression, her eyes darting between Kaldakazil and the menacing creature before them. She stands ready to defend her companions, determined to protect them at any cost.

Name
Cure Light on Kaldakazil 
1d8+1 7

spacer.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Doallyn took a step back. He didnt like where this fight was going. The creepy sing-song was bad enough but the creature had morphed itself into a clone like creature of Kald. His brain raced for a moment. He had a plan, but it would take longer than his normal summonings. In theory it would take the normal length of a summoning for most others.

I need someone to cover me... I'm only gonna get one shot at this....

This is gonna hurt like the 9 hells...

He pulled out the lighter from the pocket of his military duster.

My little friend...I need you to wake up..

The wizard closed his eyes and let all of his arcane energy flow through him. This would take just about everything else he had left. He'd be spent but right now cantrips would not going to do the trick. Detecting magic wouldnt matter if they were dead. For once the fey blood that coursed through his veins might prove to be useful. His eyes opened again, thery were now alight with arcane energy as it all pooled down his arm and towards the lighter. A bit of blood dripped from his nose. The smell of burning skin came from his arm as all the energy was forced out and into the lighter.

His voice went low and strained as he spoke the words in Ignan.

<I>By the flames that dance in the heart of the inferno, By the heat that scorches and purifies, I call upon the elemental spirits of fire, To heed my summons and manifest before me.

From the depths of the blazing furnace, From the essence of flickering flames, Rise, O elemental of fire, Answer my call and be bound to my will.

Ignite the passion within, Burn bright with the fury of creation, Serve as my guardian and ally, In this realm and beyond.<I>

Doallyn clicked the lighter to ignite the flame.

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Interruption

There is an explosion.

Behind Doallyn, within the display where you spied clouds and sunlight, something twists-BREAKS

and from the mirror erupts a a shower of cinders in a thick, heated swarm that casts the entire world into a hellish hue of burning reds and hateful orange. Fire consumes the metal frames and turns the display into a pyre of dancing flames, pouring out from the mirror with a mad zeal- and then a large mass of it it leaps to the floor, towering high enough to reach the ceiling behind Doallyn. It crackles, it dances, it breathes a rush of heat that sends glass flying in the air and rushes into every crevice of your clothes.

Hello.webp.4758ae2ba95da3b4f4565c5a7bfdf772.webp

It would appear Doallyn has called something from elsewhere into right here. It looms over Doallyn, dancing in place, poising to act.

Conditions None

Memorized Spells

Feats / Abilities

FEATS
ABILITIES
  • Abrupt Jaunt 4/4

Ruven's assumptions don't seem to have panned out as he thought. He had assumed that the entity wasn't real, but maybe it's just artificial. "There's more going on here than it seems."
Finally recovered enough to act, he moves up and throws a spell at the "creature" to slow it down.

OOC:

Ruven casts Grease under the creature. This time without a fire to worry about.

Edited by KerlanRayne (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Lights In The Dark

Not-Kaldakazil.jpg.72ee51d190a82c192c224246aa4a7518.jpg

Mahdi stumbles down from the creature's maid tail whipping, much like Kaldakazil does. It doesn't remain standing for long, though, because Ruven's spell sends it tumbling into the ground with an ululating squeal.

Combat Order

Mahdi 23

Saai 12

Kaldakaczil 12

Doallyn 11

Grey 10

Ruven 5

New round begins.

Mahdi, Saai and Kaldakaczil are up. Doallyn's actions are known already.