The Web of All Torment - IC

cailano

On 11/1/2023 at 10:24 AM, TheMightyDeeEmm said:

Flickwit has been in several scrapes before, though he avoids confrontation on principle - I’m not a coward! I just conscientiously object to violence! - he has a feeling that this might be one of those situations where running away might make things worse. So, he does the other thing he’s good at: slipping into the shadows and waiting for the perfect opportunity to be useful!

OOC: Flickwit attempts to sneak behind the Regulars, and waits for an opportunity to Backstab.

OOC: Flickwit will attempt to duck behind the bar in the confusion of combat and sneak around the Regulars to attack from behind. The combat gives him some cover, so these are DC 10 tasks. He must pass both Hide and Sneak Silently checks to accomplish the task.

Name
Hide in Shadows
1d20+7 8
Sneak Silently
1d20+9 9

Flickwit slips behind the bar and uses its cover to slip behind the Regulars. Even Ms. Alice, watching from above, does not seem to notice him do it.

** OOC: Flickwit has used his action but can backstab next round

Dalia

You rush in to tenderize one of the Regulars but you slip on some of the copious gore on the floor of the common room and nearly fall flat on your face. You catch yourself and look up to see Ms. Alice cackling at your misfortune.

Ysabel

Ms. Alice looks up from laughing at Dalia just in time to hear you shouting at her. She starts to laugh at you, too, but your spell changes her mind! The creature that runs this nightmare version of the Kobweb tries to duck, but your spell follows her and blasts her foul flesh.

You half expect your magic to blow her apart, but this is no ordinary woman or simple zombie. If anything, your well-cast spell simply seems to make her angry.

OOC: Ms. Alice takes 15hp damage. 46hp remaining.

On 11/1/2023 at 12:41 PM, Rakle said:

No battle cry spring from Quin's lips. He just springs into action. Rushing up to wounded demonic chimp, he slashes at its face with left cleaver and then at its gut with his right cleaver. Maybe he can bypass the creature's defenses.

Quin lashes out with his cleavers but he finds himself out of practice and his timing off. Neither slash draws blood.

Chard, seeing Dalia trip, shouts, “Are you okay Dalia!?” Chard attempts to use the butt of the cleaver to hit Regular 1 in the head. (Mighty Deed)

Roll

1d6

Edited by Elysium777 (see edit history)
Name
Roll
1d20 8
1d6
1d5 2
Healing from Shaun
1d6 1
Fort Save
9; 9
1d20+2;1d20+2 [7]; [7,7]

Chard swings at the demon chimp again, but the monster ducks out of the way while his partner pounces! The Regulars work together, slashing and tearing at Chard with their claws. They are inhumanly strong, and he's in danger of being overpowered.

**OOC - Chard takes nine damage (remember to heal from Shaun's spell) and needs to save twice more vs. their flesh rend. DC 12.

Name
Regular 1 attack / damage
SyntaxError: Unexpected token ,
1d20+5, 1d6+1
SyntaxError: Unexpected token 1d6
1d20+5 1d6+1
14; 4
1d20+5;1d6+1 [9]; [9,3]
Regular 2 attack/damage
14; 5
1d20+5;1d6+1 [9]; [9,4]

Noticing that Chard is nearly overwhelmed by the thrashing beasts, he gathers up his courage and sneaks up to Regular 1 and hacks at it with his cleaver.

OOC:

Flickwit will burn 1 Luck to add a d5 to his roll.
Attack total is 25, and will roll d14 on the Critical Hit table. (Forgot to add my Luck to the roll, so the total is 12)
Critical Hit Table II: 12 - Savage strike! Foe must succeed on a Fort save (DC 13) or faint from the pain.
And despite all that rolling, only 1 damage with the Cleaver. <span class="ipsEmoji">🤦‍♂️</span>

Edited by TheMightyDeeEmm (see edit history)
Name
Backstab
1d20+1d5+2 18,5
Critical Hit Table
1d14 11
Cleaver Damage
1d6 1

image.jpeg.e37cda82f6054a86c95ecdf39ac00720.jpeg

Shaun

Shaun's momentary elation turns to bitter ash as he sees the demon not only shake off his attack but benefit from it.

"Sorry, sorry, I forgot it does that! I can fix this, I know I can!"

Shaun scoots away from the frontline, not to abandon his friends - oh no no no - but to try the spell a second time with the benefits limited to his (literally) closest friends and the demons hopefully feeling his wrath this time around.

The man reaches out with his empty hand once more to direct the arcane energies leaving his lips in the form of utter gobbledygook (to laypeople).

OOC:
Move to keep friends within 15' and demons beyond it but within 40'. Cast Color Spray.

Name
Color Spray
1d20+4 16
Regular 2 blindness duration
2d4+1 2,2

spacer.png

Seeing Chard getting swarmed, Quin hacks away at the barflies with his two cleavers. The first one hits and draws some blood. (assuming still AC14).

Quin  30' darkvision AC10 HP15/15 R+2 F+1 W+2 Mvmt: 15' Luck10/11 Cleaver d20+3; d6+1; Cleaversx2 d16+2; d6+1; javelin d20+2; d6+1

OOC:

Ignore the original attack rolls since I used d20 instead of d16

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)
Name
atk 1  and damage
18; 3
1d20+3;1d6+1 [15]; [15,2]
atk 2 and damage
16; 7
1d20+3;1d6+1 [13]; [13,6]
correct atk dice for atk 1
1d16+3 11
correct atk dice for atk 2
1d16+3 7

spacer.png
Muscles groups were being used which weren't used to such strenuous activity. Dalia had nearly fallen over on a slick floor--a dangerous turn of events if she'd landed on her own weapon. Then it hit her; why use the mundane weapons of a slaver when she had the power of a God on her side?

Reaching into her clothes, Dalia pulled her holy symbol free--a series of runes with a half-open eye set over top of them.

"Seven angles, seven sins, Cthulhu's power madness brings!" she chanted as she tried to imbue the symbol with his might. Suddenly the eye opened and the iris seemed to spring to life, searching for enemies. A wicked look fell upon Dalia's face as her prayer had been answered. The eye glimmered with a green, sparkling light that seemed to give her companions relief and unseen strength of will.

OOC

Okay, let's give this spellcasting thing a shot. I'm trying to cast Divine Symbol. It's level 2, takes a round to cast and (hopefully) turns my symbol into a magic weapon! I don't think there are attacks of opportunity in DCC, but if I'll get swiped at because of casting near an enemy, I'll step away first if possible.

DC to cast is at least 14.

Result: Casting is successful! So much so that my symbol becomes a +2 weapon dealing d10+3 damage (with strength) for 7 rounds. Against unholy creatures it deals +2 damage. All allies in visible range gain +1 on saving throws and morale checks!

List of unholy creatures for Dalia: Mundane animals, un-dead, demons, devils, monsters (e.g., basilisk or medusa), lycanthropes, perversions of nature (e.g., otyughs and slimes)

Name
Spellcheck
1d20+2 18
Spell lasts in rounds
2d6+1 3,3

22 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:
spacer.png
Muscles groups were being used which weren't used to such strenuous activity. Dalia had nearly fallen over on a slick floor--a dangerous turn of events if she'd landed on her own weapon. Then it hit her; why use the mundane weapons of a slaver when she had the power of a God on her side?

Reaching into her clothes, Dalia pulled her holy symbol free--a series of runes with a half-open eye set over top of them.

"Seven angles, seven sins, Cthulhu's power madness brings!" she chanted as she tried to imbue the symbol with his might. Suddenly the eye opened and the iris seemed to spring to life, searching for enemies. A wicked look fell upon Dalia's face as her prayer had been answered. The eye glimmered with a green, sparkling light that seemed to give her companions relief and unseen strength of will.

OOC

Okay, let's give this spellcasting thing a shot. I'm trying to cast Divine Symbol. It's level 2, takes a round to cast and (hopefully) turns my symbol into a magic weapon! I don't think there are attacks of opportunity in DCC, but if I'll get swiped at because of casting near an enemy, I'll step away first if possible.

DC to cast is at least 14.

Result: Casting is successful! So much so that my symbol becomes a +2 weapon dealing d10+3 damage (with strength) for 7 rounds. Against unholy creatures it deals +2 damage. All allies in visible range gain +1 on saving throws and morale checks!

List of unholy creatures for Dalia: Mundane animals, un-dead, demons, devils, monsters (e.g., basilisk or medusa), lycanthropes, perversions of nature (e.g., otyughs and slimes)

The Regulars are demons, so they are on your naughty list.

Regulars attempting Will saves at +3

Note: The GM would like to apologize for his incredible rolls and acknowledges that they are ridiculous.

Name
Regular 1, Regular 2 Will Saves vs DC 20
repeat(1d20+3,2) 19,4
And again for second save
repeat(1d20+3,2) 20,19