The Web of All Torment - IC

cailano

spacer.png
Dalia's racing heart slowed enough for her to take several deep breaths. She saw Ysabel and then Chard both awaken from the slumber they'd all been part of for months.

The cleric stared down at her hands again before seeing the countertop through them, lined with makeshift weapons.

Dalia's eyes lit up as she pulled the biggest looking blade there was free from the hunk of flesh it had been chopping. She turned and met Chard's eyes, then handed him the blade. "Take it, soldier-boy," she said with a smirk. Afterward, she'd look for the biggest tenderizer-hammer there was and take it up in both hands.

"I think it's about time t' crack some skulls, in the name of Cthulhu. Jus' like old times," she added, giving the makeshift mace a few test swings. She seemed somehow calmly okay with the nightmarish scenario she was in.

** GM Edit - Removed Flickwit, who is not in the kitchen.

image.png.4f6f59f3c039e6f90d5daf72806b9f3c.png

The kitchen smells were always so pleasant and wonderful at this time of day. Then he notices the girls on the floor. Quin stops and stares at Dalia and Ysabel . "Uh . . .what happened in here? he asks in confusion.

He watches Ysabel rise and hold out the coin "Did someone pay with a fake coin?" he asks Ysabel as he reaches out to check the slug coin.

Quin  30' darkvision AC16 HP15/15 R+2 F+1 W+2 Mvmt: 15' Luck11/11 S. sword d20+3; d6+1; s. swordx2 d16+2; d6+1; javelin d20+2; d6+1

image.jpeg.e37cda82f6054a86c95ecdf39ac00720.jpeg

Shaun

Shaun watches on as one by one his friends touch the coin and go through the awakening - some taking it as badly as he did, some better. Not having to face the horror on his own bolsters the feeble man's resolve and pushes his lizard brain back into the dark place whence it came from.

That still leaves the spider titan outside, a terror bloody cleavers and tenderizers feel wholly inadequate to deal with..

Perhaps magic might spell its undoing.. it feels so familiar yet distant all at once.. like the embers of a once roaring fire..

The man comes to from his thoughts to see Dalia brandish a makeshift weapon. Having 'lost' his severed forearm to Chard he steps forward to grab a knife from the table. It is a terrifying sight to behold, bearing no resemblance to the immaculate tools of the illusion they had shared.

"I welcome your zest, Dalia, truly it's good to see, but before you proceed with skullcracking you might want to take a.. careful peek skywards through the doorway."

Shaun gestures again at the door leading out, through which Chard entered moments ago. No shrieks this time, fortunately.

Quin

You take the lead coin, turning it over in your fingers momentarily. It seems normal enough until...

You find yourself on the floor of a slaughterhouse, staring up at your ragged and blood-covered companions. Flies hang heavy in the air, and the stench is overpowering.

You're in no better shape. Your clothes are the same as when you arrived at the Kobweb so long ago, and it doesn't look like you've changed since. Like everyone else, you are covered in blood, old and new. A spot on your boot where you recall spilling ale earlier is saturated in blood. What have you been pouring for people?

Flickwit gives the ale-sodden regular a wink and a single finger-gun, then takes the stairs up, calling for Ms. Alice.

"Ms. Alice? You don't happen to have any more of that special drink, do you? I'm having those... visions again!"

Edited by TheMightyDeeEmm (see edit history)

Flickwit

You find Ms. Alice in her chambers. It's a simple, cozy little room. There is a pallet with an overstuffed mattress covered in quilts, a dressing mirror, and a rocking chair. It always seems to smell of roses and cinnamon.

Ms. Alice is sitting in the rocking chair, enjoying some needlepoint work. Just looking at her -- a kind-hearted, middle-aged woman, all blue eyes and smiles -- is a comfort.

"Oh, hello, dear. Special drink? What visions? Come now, tell me what's wrong."

10 minutes ago, cailano said:

Flickwit

You find Ms. Alice in her chambers. It's a simple, cozy little room. There is a pallet with an overstuffed mattress covered in quilts, a dressing mirror, and a rocking chair. It always seems to smell of roses and cinnamon.

Ms. Alice is sitting in the rocking chair, enjoying some needlepoint work. Just looking at her -- a kind-hearted, middle-aged woman, all blue eyes and smiles -- is a comfort.

"Oh, hello, dear. Special drink? What visions? Come now, tell me what's wrong."

His smile widens, and in her comforting gaze, those horrible visions almost fade away entirely, like the memories of a bad dream. He relaxes a bit.

"Oh, Ms. Alice, i need only to drink in the gaze of your beauty and grace to help me forget all my woes…” he pauses. “Though my days have been lacking any sort of woe, or tragedy, or even a bad dream.”

He takes a breath, and suddenly those horrid visions come rushing back like a tide of horrors.

He cries out, “Oh, Ms. Alice! It was terrible! There was a cobweb, shimmering and shining like something out of a dream, and it made me think of things that I’m quite certain never happened, and then my friends…” he shudders. “My friends were… terrified, scared of some great evil…”

He looks at the pleasant woman in the fathomless tide pools that are her eyes, a hopeless hope bleeding from his every word, every movement. “But certainly, that was nothing? Right?”

Flickwit

Ms. Alice looks up from her needlepoint when you tell your story but then goes back to it.

"The cobwebs, you say? Oh my. Well... I guess it must be about time, then. Tell me, did you see or feel anything else strange? Any... unexpected visitors?"

7 minutes ago, cailano said:

Flickwit

Ms. Alice looks up from her needlepoint when you tell your story but then goes back to it.

"The cobwebs, you say? Oh my. Well... I guess it must be about time, then. Tell me, did you see or feel anything else strange? Any... unexpected visitors?"

He’s taken aback for a moment, then smiles.

“Yes! There was! An old beggar who asked about you. I tried to call you down to meet him, but he was gone when you came out. He mentioned something about this place being… more destitute… or, no, he was more destitute before he met you? I’m not sure. There was something… strange about him.”

He looks at her, eyes wide and pleading.

“Is there something wrong? Time for what? Please, Ms. Alice, I’m ever so confused, and I’ve enjoyed my time here so much!”

Flickwit

Ms. Alice sets her needlepoint project down and walks towards her bed.

"The Beggar is an odd duck, isn't he? He means well. We help each other. Well, it's more that we have a friend in common."

Ms. Alice lifts her mattress -- she's quite strong -- and feels around beneath it for a moment before producing a featureless gray coin. Once she has it, she returns to you and holds the coin out.

"Tell me, dear Flickwit, did The Beggar offer you something like this?"

3 minutes ago, cailano said:

Flickwit

Ms. Alice sets her needlepoint project down and walks towards her bed.

"The Beggar is an odd duck, isn't he? He means well. We help each other. Well, it's more that we have a friend in common."

Ms. Alice lifts her mattress -- she's quite strong -- and feels around beneath it for a moment before producing a featureless gray coin. Once she has it, she returns to you and holds the coin out.

"Tell me, dear Flickwit, did The Beggar offer you something like this?"

He shakes his head. “No, not at all. When I invited him in to speak with you, he just left. Didn’t offer me a thing!”

Without questioning her, he reaches for the coin.

18 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:
spacer.png
Dalia's racing heart slowed enough for her to take several deep breaths. She saw Ysabel and then Chard both awaken from the slumber they'd all been part of for months.

The cleric stared down at her hands again before seeing the countertop through them, lined with makeshift weapons.

Dalia's eyes lit up as she pulled the biggest looking blade there was free from the hunk of flesh it had been chopping. She turned and met Chard's eyes, then handed him the blade. "Take it, soldier-boy," she said with a smirk. Afterward, she'd look for the biggest tenderizer-hammer there was and take it up in both hands.

"I think it's about time t' crack some skulls, in the name of Cthulhu. Jus' like old times," she added, giving the makeshift mace a few test swings. She seemed somehow calmly okay with the nightmarish scenario she was in.

Chard inspects the severed halfling’s forearm, he gives it a few swings, and looks at it with a grim expression.

“Well, I'm not a fan of this kind of weapon, but, it'll have to do until we reach the cellar.”