The Web of All Torment - IC

cailano

The Kitchen

As described above, what you all remember as the kitchen is a disgusting slaughterhouse.

That said, there are a bunch of potential weapons here. Any of you can select one or more of the following:

Butcher Knife: 1d4/1d10 (d10 is on a successful backstab from a thief) (6 total)

Cleaver: 1d6 (four total)

Tenderizer Hammer: 1d4 (two total)

Flickwit

You take the coin from Ms. Alice, and suddenly, you don't feel very well. You slump back against the wall as the world swims and reality starts to dissolve around you. The scent of roses and cinnamon fades first, replaced by the stench of rot. The buzzing of insects fills your ears and the walls... the walls are... covered in skins. The skins seem to have come from humans, elves, and other peoples. They've been stitched together into a grotesque tapestry that doesn't leave a bare inch of the wall exposed.

"The cobwebs are the key to the whole thing. You'd call them a transmitter if the people of your world had the slightest idea what that meant."

Ms. Alice's voice changes, growing deep and threatening just as her features melt and run together into something hideous and monstrous.

"But fear not, dear Flickwit. Saint Agony doesn't care one wit for your feeble little minds. You and the rest of that mass of womb vomit you call your friends are free of his little illusion! It's time! Time for the harvest! Time to add your skins to my wall!"

You look on in horror as Ms. Alice completes her transformation, and what was left of the Kozy Kobweb dissolves around you. In place of the kind old woman is a monster wearing a human-skin mask of a woman's face and a wig of incongruous blonde, baby-doll curls. She is clad in a blood-spattered apron, butcher's slops, and high, hard boots. A deep, bloody gouge mars her forehead, and blood drips down between her horrible black eyes.

The creature that was Ms. Alice pulls a wicked hook and chain from beneath her apron and swings it high above her head.

"Time to die, little one!"

OOC - Roll initiative!

Name
Ms. Alice initiative
1d20+3 4

token_2.png.930781e0176929eb2acb9e70dda37b10.pngYsabel

Wizard 3

§∆¥€§∆¥€

√∆££√∆££

)∆π#)∆π#

¢∆££¢∆££

¥§∆&€£01

Ysabel hefted her cleaver and took the coin back from Chard once he had awoken. "I am going to find Flickwit, if... something happens I will scream like bloody murder, hopefully. Once I find him we can all meat up in the cellar?" 

She would take another cleaver, for her friend just in case, and then she would tap into that deep well within her. She held the coin and chopper in one hand as her free hand began to make quick short movements. Her mates would recognize the movements as beloning to that of making crochet works, but as she did her form began to shimmer.

Ooc

Ysabel will attempt to cast invisibility! I ment to do this before Initiative, but if need be she can do it on her turn.

I dont know what to add to my roll so i did it straight!?... oh wait... thats right... my highest mods are all +0 °w°

Edited by Taigains (see edit history)
Name
Init
1d20-1 12
Cast Invisibility(?)
1d16 12

Ysabel

Your spell fails, but you steel your mind and manage to retain the words of it.

You shake the, well, cobwebs out of your head, and much of your arcane knowledge seems to awaken in your mind. Despite the horrors around you, using your power felt... good.

** OOC: Ysabel has knocked the rust off! She may roll spellchecks with her full die from now on. The result of the previous spell was failure, but the spell was not lost.

image.png.4f6f59f3c039e6f90d5daf72806b9f3c.png

Quin stares in horror . "WHAT! in the blazing nine hells is going on? he yells at his companions in confusion. "Is that coin cursed? Or did it just break a curse?." he squeels as he scrambles to his feet.

Seeing two cleavers, he instinctively grabs them. He didn't know what was happening, but it was better to be fully armed.

Quin  30' darkvision AC16 HP15/15 R+2 F+1 W+2 Mvmt: 15' Luck11/11 S. sword d20+3; d6+1; s. swordx2 d16+2; d6+1; javelin d20+2; d6+1

Name
init (if needed)
1d20 8

token_2.png.930781e0176929eb2acb9e70dda37b10.pngYsabel

Wizard 3

§∆¥€§∆¥€

√∆££√∆££

)∆π#)∆π#

¢∆££¢∆££

¥§∆&€£01

Ysabel gasps as she fails to cast her spell. Sweat beads her brow and she gasps from the effort.

"What I know is this. That... felt... AMAZING!" To say Ysabel 'glowed' with emotion would be wrong, her emotions seemed to backlight her as casting her magic again fully reawakens one of her driving forces. Power, to use it and gain more. "This place has kept me from asking, learning amd taking! I wont stand it, I need to know where we are who did this what this coin is and how to escape! ALSO! We still to go get Flitwick, and our stuff."

Ooc

Free action to run ma' MOUTH

Chard looks at Quin, “Seems like it broke a curse, I have no clue how all this magic stuff works, perhaps Shaun can explain.” He drops the severed halfling forearm and inspects the cleaver.

He nods at Ysabel’s suggestion. “Agreed, saving Flickwit should be our first priority, our gear can wait.”

As the formerly kind Ms. Alice transforms into some cruel beastie, Flickwit’s mind splinters into several warring factions.

The first faction is terrified and does not want to look away - how could he?

The second faction wants to talk this out - surely this Saint Agony was controlling her, and maybe they could be reasoned with.

The third faction wanted to grab the nearest shiny or heavy thing and smack it and stab it until it went away.

The fourth and final faction, luckily for Flitwick, is the strongest… and it is that faction which carried him screaming out the bedroom door and into the lobby.

OOC: Flickwit is going to run down the stairs, through the lobby, and try to get outside through the front door, unless he hears or sees his friends, at which point he will join them.

Edited by TheMightyDeeEmm (see edit history)

spacer.png
An eyebrow raise was the response to Shaun's suggestion. "There's time for whatever's outside later. Don't matter right now hun," she replied.

Turning to see some of her companions headed out of the kitchen in search of the rest of the crew, Dalia followed after.

"Stay together. No tellin' what else this madhouse has in store, darlin's."
Name
Initiative
1d20 7

Flickwit

You run, screaming, down the stairs, chased by Ms. Alice's maniacal laughter. You hit the floor of the common room and stumble towards the kitchen when horrible, nightmare versions of your friends suddenly exit the kitchen door in front of you. They are covered head to toe in blood and filth and are clad in disgusting rags that might be the same clothes you arrived at the Kobweb in so long ago.

All of them look half-starved, and all of them are armed. Some carry butcher's knives, others cleavers. Dalia has a heavy tenderizing hammer.

The regulars over by the bar sit up in alarm.

"Hey, Flickwit, what's going on little buddy?"

"Idiots!" Ms. Alice screams from the balcony, "They can see! Tear them apart!"

regulars.png.424621747efa7abc7860e25ca3ea0d64.pngThe regulars immediately stand from their chairs, reach into their own mouths, and tear their own faces open. They hurl away the flesh in great chunks as if it were costume fabric. Beneath that flesh is their true form, that of massive, red-furred, demonic chimpanzees.

*** OOC - Now everyone needs to roll initiative! We'll start a new round as of now.

Name
The Regulars
1d20+2 12
Ms. Alice
1d20+3 13

Everyone from the Kitchen

As you exit the kitchen you nearly collide with Flickwit, who is running in a panic. You see Ms. Alice -- or at least a monster who is a terrifying parody of Ms. Alice -- yelling down from the balcony. You see the regulars tear their own faces off. Your hellish new reality doesn't seem to be getting any better.

image.jpeg.e37cda82f6054a86c95ecdf39ac00720.jpeg

Shaun

Shaun winces at Quin's squeal, knowing all too well the terrible adjustment he is going through. "I believe the coin broke a spell cast on us.. how long ago, I can't say, or by whom," he replies to Quin and Chard.

"The coin was given to me by a beggar - The Beggar, he called himself - just outside the stables. His role in all of this is also a mystery to me, though he might have been a friend or Ms. Alice. Whomever she really is," he continues with a frustrated look on his face. So much of their past remains a vague, incoherent memory. It bothers him - but not enough to distract from the here and now. The two women are right. They have a friend to find. Shaun follows the others towards the common room brandishing his butcher's knife..

..only to find said friend running for his life, and what can only be described as creatures straight out of a nightmare ready to tear all of them apart - and worse!

Name
Init
1d20+1 5

Flickwit freezes for just a moment, a brief second. Uncertainty takes over and he doesn’t quite trust what he’s seeing - monsters wearing human faces and the sudden destruction of paradise are all too much for one man to handle.

And yet, despite how terrifying his friends look, caked in blood and filth and - is that blood dripping from their mouths? - it is Chard’s words that bring him back to their old days together, scrapping through throngs of beasties and ancient tombs. His instincts kick in and he dives behind his companions, scrabbling to find something he can use to fight off these… things.

Initiative roll

Name
Initiative roll
d20+2 18