The Web of All Torment - IC

cailano

Shaun's magic blasts both Regulars, and one immediately stops his attack on Quin and clutches at his eyes.

Quin you've seen Shaun use this spell before, and you know the demon-chimp is blinded. Sometimes the spells even knock monsters out completely, but not this time. These are no mere goblins!

OOC: EDIT: Regular 1 is now blinded for the duration of Shaun's spell (GM Note: this is backward, but we'll stick with it. Sorry for the goof)

10 hours ago, Rakle said:
image.png.6c1ca7c10752e5ead310520408383b21.png

Seeing Chard getting swarmed, Quin hacks away at the barflies with his two cleavers. The first one hits and draws some blood. (assuming still AC14).

Quin  30' darkvision AC10 HP15/15 R+2 F+1 W+2 Mvmt: 15' Luck10/11 Cleaver d20+3; d6+1; Cleaversx2 d16+2; d6+1; javelin d20+2; d6+1

OOC:

Ignore the original attack rolls since I used d20 instead of d16

Quin slashes one of the Regulars across the middle but its unholy hide is as tough as boiled leather. These things are hard to kill!

OOC: Regular 2 takes 3hp damage.

Regular 1 HP: 20, Regular 2 HP: 20

Chard lunges toward one of the demon chimps and slashes it along the leg. The injury makes it step backward, and Chard uses that to shove the creature backward. Already blinded, the monster flails around uselessly, trying to get its hands on a new target.

Chard falls back toward the group, gaining space.

OOC: Regular 1 is blinded from Shaun's spell and now shoved backward, where it will need to pass some sort of check to find a new target to rend. Also takes 6 damage. 13 HP remaining.

Ms. Alice screams in fury. "Fools! Do you think you can win? Do you think you can do what you've done and just walk away? Your souls are as black as the pits of hell! Your hands are red with innocent blood!"

The second of the Regulars claws Quin and not only hits him, but grabs hold of the Halfling, lifting him up and delivering a vicious bite!

Quin

You feel the unholy monster sink its teeth into you and feel some part of you - some part of your soul - consumed by it. You manage to trash around and free yourself, dropping to the floor.

OOC: Quin takes 6hp damage, and an additional 4 HP of PERMANENT damage from the critical. Lower his maximum HP by that amount.

Name
Claw vs. Quin
25; 6
1d20+5;1d6+1 [20]; [20,5]
Regular 2 crit as demon
1d4 4

token_2.png.930781e0176929eb2acb9e70dda37b10.pngYsabel

Wizard 3

Str: 4-3 (-2)

Agi: 7 (-1)

Sta: 6 (-1)

Per: 11 (+0)

Int: 11 (+0)

Lck: 9-2 (+0)

Spellburn: Str -3

Disheaetened by how little her attack did, she turned to the demon patrons and tried again.

Ooc

Attempting to cast Magic Missile!

Name
Magic Missile On patron 2
1d20 18
Number of Missiles
1d4 4
Damage
1d4+3 4
More missiles
repeat(1d4+3,3) 2,4,1

image.jpeg.e37cda82f6054a86c95ecdf39ac00720.jpeg

Shaun

Seeing one of the demons' onslaught falter as he clutches for his eyes gives Shaun's sense of self an immediate boost. And although he can't presently see the cleric from where he is in the kitchen, hearing Dalia's scary chanting from the common room followed by strange lights reflecting off of the bar furniture props his morale even further.

Someone's about to feel very poorly about getting up this morning!

Readying himself to rejoin the fray, Shaun's eyes come upon the remaining selection of knives in the kitchen. He grabs two of them with his left hand to join the one he already wields in his right, then marches forward to the doorway between the kitchen and the common room, ready to propel some cutlery..

OOC:
There were 6 knives in the kitchen originally, but I think only Shaun took one. I'm not sure if DCC has a concept of free / simple actions, but I figure by foregoing my action this turn Shaun's able to grab some. 2 seemed reasonable for a big butcher's knife.

Regular 1 is blinded for 4 more rounds

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" Quin screams as the monster chomps down on him. Escaping from those demonic teeth, Quin knew it was do or die time. He was too badly wound to fight a battle of attrition. Once again, he attacks...

Quin  30' darkvision AC10 HP 5/11 R+2 F+1 W+2 Mvmt: 15' Luck10/11 Cleaver d20+3; d6+1; Cleaversx2 d16+2; d6+1; javelin d20+2; d6+1

Name
atk1 with dmg
9; 2
1d16+2;1d6+1 [7]; [7,1]
atk2 with dmg
10; 3
1d16+2;1d6+1 [8]; [8,2]

spacer.png
Brushing her dirty, blood-caked hair from her face, Dalia began to spin her holy symbol on its simple metal chain. The wicked glare of pain never left her eyes. Stepping forward, she brought the green-glowing metal down at one off the regulars.

"Learn now why to fear my master!!" she cried out as the symbol was aimed to crash into a demon skull.

OOC

Rounds left: 6

Divine symbol: Holy symbol is a +2 weapon dealing d10+3 damage (with strength). Against unholy creatures it deals +2 damage. All allies in visible range gain +1 on saving throws and morale checks!

List of unholy creatures for Dalia: Mundane animals, un-dead, demons, devils, monsters (e.g., basilisk or medusa), lycanthropes, perversions of nature (e.g., otyughs and slimes)

Luck: I'll spend 3 luck to bring that up to a 14 if the one that can see is still alive. If all that's left is the blind one, however, I'll not spend the luck since i assume it can't defend as well.

Name
Attack and damage
11; 7
1d20+5;1d10+5 [6]; [6,2]

Ysabel's magic missiles fly from her outstretched hand and pummel the only Regular who can still see. They blast the life from the monster and leave his body sprawled on the floor of the common room.

Dalia steps up to the blinded Regular and smites it with the power of the Old Ones. It howls in pain and rage, and curls up in a ball on the floor like a kicked dog. It's barely alive.

At the top of the stairs, Ms. Alice roars in frustration. "No! Do you have any idea how much I paid for those Malformions? Where in the Nine Hells am I supposed to... bah! I'll finish you myself! It's so hard to find good help these days."

Ms. Alice flexes her knees and looks prepared to leap the banister and crash down to the common room floor.

What do you do?

OOC: Both Regulars are down, although one is still alive with 1HP. That one is blind, however, and seems to have lost the will to fight.

PCs who have not acted yet this round (perhaps because the chimp demons were already felled) can still do so.

token_2.png.930781e0176929eb2acb9e70dda37b10.pngYsabel

Wizard 3

Str: 4-3 (-2)

Agi: 7 (-1)

Sta: 6 (-1)

Per: 11 (+0)

Int: 11 (+0)

Lck: 9-2 (+0)

Spellburn: Str -3

Looking at Ms. Alice, Ysabel hold up an outstretched hand, looking to cast a spell... and with a flick of her wrist leaves only her middle finger raised.

Ooc

The Regular fighting Quin explodes from the Ysabel's blast. Unable to attack his foe, Quin walks over to the blind and nearly dead regular. "Closing time. Time to pay your bill." he announces as he finishes off the other regular. They didn't need this one getting healed.

Quin  30' darkvision AC10 HP 5/11 R+2 F+1 W+2 Mvmt: 15' Luck 7/11 Cleaver d20+3; d6+1; Cleaversx2 d16+2; d6+1; javelin d20+2; d6+1