The Web of All Torment - IC

cailano

Flickwit2(Custom).jpg.cad6e0b5defdce653e3966f12e109357.jpgFlickwit flinches at Doorfin's shout, and gestures for the dwarf to lower his voice to a more reasonable level. He looks at Shaun.

"That... is a glorious blade! Would fetch us a dragon's horde from the right buyer. And as for that 'show it the truth' or whatever its suggesting, it might be some kind of clue to unlock its true power. Even magic swords have locks to pick!"

He thought for a moment. "That damn copper coin opened our eyes to the 'truth' of this nightmare. Maybe we need to do the same to the blade?"

Edited by TheMightyDeeEmm (see edit history)

noviahead.png.0aad9db0440817af095a8026bd942d99.png

" It appears that holy warrior also failed to resist the enchantment of this inn. Anyone have experience with two-handed blades? It might be useful in the next fight. " Novia suggests. "We should keep moving, and looking for our missing stuff.

HP 12/12 AC15 Luck 12 Ref+1 Fort+1 Will+2 longsword+2 d8 Sling+2 d4 Spell Check +4 Disapproval: 1

image.jpeg.e37cda82f6054a86c95ecdf39ac00720.jpeg

Shaun

Shaun looks to Flickwit, then Novia, shaking his head.

"Still can't hear you. But I recommend holding on to the sword. If it's magical it might bite into Malice harder than our own."

spacer.png

HP 24/24 | AC 16 | R+1 F+2 W+1 | Luck 13/13 (+1) | Init. +0 | Speed 15' | Combat

Finally able to understand the pantomime over the terrible ringing, Doørfin patted himself down and found the coin in his pocket. He handed it to Flickwit.

Looking at Novia, the Dwarf figured she was offering up the weapon to the group. He sighed and put his axe on his belt. Trying to speak at a reasonable volume, Doørfin said, very slowly, "Ah... can... use't... if... need... be... but... shield... bettah!"

Touching the coin to the sword doesn't do anything, but when Shaun says the words "Show Me" he feels a faint thrum of power within the sword. It at least tried to do something. Maybe the circumstances aren't right for whatever it was to have an effect.

Around twenty minutes pass while you are exploring the room and investigating the sword. Those who were deafened by the ghost's scream are able to hear again. The ringing in their ears has died down to a faint buzz.

** OOC - I need everyone to make a luck check. Remember, you don't need to be the luckiest person in the room, you just need to be luckier than the poor bastard who rolls lowest.

Doorfin

At the edge of your vision, you see movement. It's a dwarf woman. She darts away down the hall before you can get a better look.

Name
Encounter Check
1d3 3

Everyone Else

No one except Doorfin sees the strange woman. The only room you haven't explored upstairs is the staff quarters. What do you do?

spacer.png

HP 24/24 | AC 16 | R+1 F+2 W+1 | Luck 13/13 (+1) | Init. +0 | Speed 15' | Combat

"Hold," Doørfin whispered harshly. "Anyone else see uh Dwarf woman down th' hall jus'now?" he continued.

Looking back at the group, now able to hear over the din trapped in his ears, Doørfin said, "Ah c'n use th' sword but Ah'm bettah with a shield an' tha' takes two-hands. Someone else should use it, right? C'n anyone use that?" He kept the hall within his line of vision at all times to make sure that woman didn't creep back up on him.

"Whoever's usin' it, do it an' let's check th' next room. Somethin' tells me my grave was jus' stepped on. Ah think that woman Ah saw's uh trick. Jus' my luck, eh?"