The Web of All Torment - OOC

cailano

Okay this can't be a coincidence that Alice's last name is Goldkind and the coin we used to break from the nightmare is lead; alchemy would have Is believe lead can turn to gold so........

Step two: profit?

No practical way to seal the tunnel. Even if you stacked headstones (talk about exhaustion) you wouldn't have enough to make a good barrier.

The walls were pretty soft and you could potentially collapse them but that could seal you in the cavern.

As far as alarm, you'll have to explain how to make that with what's available to you.

You too! I'm also occupied this weekend and unlikely to be able to post. As for rest vs. risk exhaustion, here's the tally as I understand it:

No need to rest, let's push on: Doorfin, Novia

Risk exhaustion: Shaun

Let's rest: Flitwick

Looking at the map there doesn't seem to be any other obvious way out of the cavern than the way we got here (the bit in the top right corner appears to be a dead end), so we could have Shaun and Flitwick rest while Doorfin and Novia search for hidden passages (and in the process keep watch).

That's my suggestion. If no one objects we do it, if someone objects please provide an alternative so that we at least keep discussing what to do. Of course, although we're doing this OOC I suspect there's going to be an IC consequence to delaying a decision so let's also keep that in mind 😅

That sounds reasonable. The map might not show for example a mechanism (even an unhidden one) to open a passage.

If Shaun and Flitwick participate I believe we then roll for exhaustion, because @cailano noted that we've now come down from an adrenaline high and need to either rest or risk it. It's appropriate that my next IC post for Shaun acknowledges that choice.

(and also that Shaun thinks Doørfin might be on to something with his comment about Malice's freshly disturbed grave)

Sorry all, long weekend for me. I think Shaun and Flickwit would be next to useless if they don't get at least a little rest, but @Rakle and @Cairomake good points. Maybe we should quickly scout out the north, then decide if we can rest there. Resting in this gigantic cavern with little protection or hiding spaces is probably not a great idea. If we just quickly look in the north doorway, would we still be risking exhaustion?