The Web of All Torment - OOC

cailano

Sorry for the delayed post all, got busy yesterday. Did anyone go check the cave or passage to the north? I saw some people suggest it should be done, but no one said they were doing it, I don't think.

That north chamber on the Beneath the Kozy Kobweb map deadends right at the edge of what you can see there. It's not enough to be worth a map update.

I want to check what's in Malice's coffin / whatever that wooden thing buried in her grave is. However, I don't want to do that exhausted.

It also doesn't make much sense to me to slog through the tunnel to a better place to rest, then slog back here to investigate the grave, then presumably slog back through the tunnel a third time. I don't think we have any good food to eat, so eventually we're going to starve. We shouldn't waste that limited time going back and forth 😅

So.. rest in the cave?

I keep hearing the rest in the cave option coming up, so in the interest of keeping things moving that what I'm going to have your group attempt unless I hear otherwise.

You managed to get a couple of hours rest. It wasn't a full night's sleep but it was better than nothing.

Everyone recovers 1HP. If you've taken any ability score damage (except Luck) then you heal one point of that, too.

Thieves regain 2 points of Luck (a full night's rest would allow you to recover 1 * level)

Wizards Spells lost during casting are normally lost for at least one day. However, your mind is in an interesting state as you shake off the rust of not using your magic for an extended period. You find that you're able to recall your spells, and you're now able to use them again.

Very nice, got my Animal Summoning back!

Edit: Based on what Malice said, it sounds like she has company. Shaun didn't hear her words, though.

14 hours ago, TheMightyDeeEmm said:

I am down with opening the coffin; however I had an idea; we have oil, maybe Flickwit can douse her with oil and someone lights her on fire?

We lit a torch for our Humans to see with, right? I'm trying to act as a blockade to the cavern so whomever comes down the hall will be stuck in the difficult sand. I'd rather have my axe ready so I think maybe Shaun or Novia would be better tossing the fire after your oil.

7 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

We lit a torch for our Humans to see with, right? I'm trying to act as a blockade to the cavern so whomever comes down the hall will be stuck in the difficult sand. I'd rather have my axe ready so I think maybe Shaun or Novia would be better tossing the fire after your oil.

Novia has been carrying around someone's lantern. She also has oil to keep it lit.

Shaun's lantern. Since Novia came running from the tunnel mouth warning of Malice's approach and to shut the lantern, I assumed she had left the lantern with Shaun. You can see my post where Shaun already snuffed the lantern.