Question about characters

@Rudra

I really thankful if you pick a combat skill.

I get it, it sounds lame, when al these skill options, and I never said you wouldn't be useful with out a combat skill.

you don't think its fits the character's story,

but trust me, combat skills are the generalist skill in the scp because everything else is niche, Your a techy, in a Sarkic biologic hallway with doors that are mouths, are you'r the oculist in the steam machinery ancient tech church for the broken god, or your the Doctor in an ancient temple. The only skill that is usefull in all the settings is combat skills. Sure the doctor can heal someone, the tech can repair some tech or someone's bionics, , or the oculist can talk to the dead priest to learn a direction, but the combat skill you don't have to get lucky to use, or the DM dosnt have to shoe horn something in to make someone useful, Dont get me wrong I know its my job, to make sure your getting the spotlight. but combat is like the pocket knife. Allways useful, and even if the mission doesn't use combat because its puzzles, combat is one of the few skills that can be used in all settings, and if there is a task going on that the character with no combat skills cant help with and its up to them, and the other 3 people in a six person team to hold back the clockwork zombies . it going to be nice. So im so sorry that I'm asking for a combat skill but I really really need it. and Im sorry to make you write a character agasint the grains of what you want to do. but I apricate you.

but as the DM I asked for a combat skill for a reason, both story and action wise, but if the team is fine, im fine. so once we got a bunch together I can ask the group again if they would be cool with you not having a combat skill as an option, but I would prefer it, and I feel bad raining on your parade, pleae dont be mad D:

6 hours ago, Mick the Rogue said:

I have a chunk of tomorrow off. Will try to finish up this app for review then

Sweet I look forward to derailing your character idea. Its an easy way for me to guilt trip my self into productive insomniac nights.

56 minutes ago, Mick the Rogue said:

As a longtime DM; 6 of one half a dozen of the other

*slow clap*

I have no dea how to work this sight, so ima be posting spolier heavy stuff to places, im sorry you can look, rather you didn't though, lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, I just wanted to check and see if you have room for one more? It's been a few years since I've delved into GURPS, but I used to GM it (everything from Traveller to Supers to Weird West and Fantasy) for my local group for years. It'd be great to put those books to use again and the SCP angle sounds fun.

I'm thinking a former auto mechanic who lived in the rural west and did a little very unsuccessful prospecting and ranching on the side. Good in the wilderness and with a rifle. Tinkerer when it comes to things mechanical, especially vehicles.

Rough background: Things went very bad when one late August evening a quite attractive woman came into his shop in need of someone to "Take a look at her car that had broken down only a couple miles down the road." Happy and willing to help, he grabbed his toolbox and hopped in his beat up Ford and drove off. The two hit it off during the drive, but he'd no idea that who he was talking to was actually the girlfriend of MTF Leader, [REDACTED]. Nor did he know she was part of Research Branch [REDACTED] and currently conducting experiments on SCP-[REDACTED].

The events upon arriving at the clearing alongside a desolate side road off Highway 395 are still unclear. He remembers little, but suffers from flashbacks of that night and occasionally still hears the voices of the family he supposedly killed and tried to bury among the juniper and sage. Given evidence found at the scene, including his truck, toolbox, and his own blood stained clothes, he went to prison. All the while he maintained his innocence, which is actually true. The reality is that he was set up by [REDACTED] in order to protect [REDACTED] after her initial experiments went terribly wrong resulting in the rather gruesome loss of an entire D-Squad posing as a family of campers. It was also an act of petty jealousy.

The only one who believed him was his daughter who continued to try and find out what actually happened. A small town reporter and determined, she started to get close to the cover up and truth. The mind wipe of his daughter ended that particular threat but required his release and joining SCP.

This is just an initial background. Happy to flesh out more (including an actual name) if there's still room to join and the idea fits.