Question about characters

2 hours ago, Mick the Rogue said:

I like the idea of this game. Will try to come up with something

First guy would be a survivalist who was already off the grid and took some justice in his own hands and got himself in jail

Second idea would probably be some dark web guy who got in trouble for running a blank market or something

I mean if you know your SCP stuffs you could always involve one of them i.e. I forget the number, but a body shows up and the townsfolks ultimately think you killed them, then proceed to enact village justice, which could be stopped by the SCP foundation.

God damnit! Alright, wiki it is

And just so I know, what level of power is the SCP Foundation at? It seems to vary depending on the writers because sometimes they're just "Guys with knowledge of the supernatural and the occasional prototype" and other times it's more like "Hey how many Beowulf cannons do we put on this spaceship?"

I mean hell in one continuity they accidentally ended humanity by creating 8 Gods so...

Edited by Abalon (see edit history)

The SCP throws around precisely the amount of power that the plot requires

@OgreWattage I like the idea of SCP exposure/unintended consequences. I don't know them all well enough for some possibilities. I'd love to hear of some ideas and I can build around it

Also, god I've forgotten how in depth gurps is...

9 hours ago, Abalon said:

Fair. Was just asking so I don't make up stuff that ends up conflicting

I hear ya, Well right now think average joe /criminal as your background but eventually were going to have magic, psionics, cybernetics and the first section of my game is getting you from average joe to average anomaly powered MTF, so I cant think of something that directly contradict it..

7 hours ago, Mick the Rogue said:

The SCP throws around precisely the amount of power that the plot requires

@OgreWattage I like the idea of SCP exposure/unintended consequences. I don't know them all well enough for some possibilities. I'd love to hear of some ideas and I can build around it

Also, god I've forgotten how in depth gurps is...

Idea for you: you take the disadvantage dual personality, meaning you have to have a 60% difference in how your points are spent. advantages/ disadvantages all of it really. Then make it where your first personality was a doctor with malpratice, and your second personality is/thinks hes a knight from the middle ages, or samurai and your in jail because you kept taking everything as insults to your honor and your trigger from transforming was killing something,, so mal pratice docktor triggers his alt personality after accidently killing somebody on the table. Then the docktor finally takes back over after running a sword threw, a ass hole outside a bar, surrounded by cops.

maybe your a park ranger who hates poachers so you in your park was tracking hunting and killing said poachers. you got threw 5 or 6 people. before a team of miners cornered you and after beating you down, to a bloody mess, they get the cops to pick you up, disadvanges here, ugly or something like that from socil area, maybe a lost arm for all dem extra points

Maybe your an ex cop, who got caught for corruption after thrwing his partner off a building because he was going to turn you in, but the cops found you out eventually, and you did it all to fund your drugs, so take addicted ir maybe be a drunk

maybe your a soldier couldn't find a job for a long time, until you found a questionable job that was cleaning up bodies for what you thought was the state, onc you figured out it was a mob boss, you went on a killing spree then turned yourself in right after.

these type of idea or were you asking for something else?

just relied you meant SCP exposure lol

Maybe you went to herm's circus of the disquieting and get night terrors from it,

You ate the crannied worm and got one of these effects, Ill even make it to where it can talk, either threw your mouth or it bursts out of you with out pain/injury and and can talk like the things from The darkness.

https://the-scp.foundation/object/scp-839

maybe you do not recognize the bodeies in the water, and you just break outi n a cold sweat and start saying it to your self

cus of scp-2316

Maybe your famillier with Three moons radio, and listen to it religiously add some delusons to where you think your a feild reporter for them ? I could even use it as a hook later lol https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-3768

I've worked some more on my character concept and would like to know if its doable since it include scp exposure and may be riding the kind of magical line, as said in the character creation rule.

Basically a doctor/psychologist whose studies&research bring her to study the (mundane) dreamworld, the interactions between dreams and the issues of her patients, how to help them ecc.

Her research of the(mundane)dreamworld bring her in contact with the real (anomaly) dreamworld, like some kind of other dimension, something like that

She begin exploring the real dreamworld and psionics which seem somewhat linked, she spend a lot of time dreaming and this has a negative effects on her life and health(because she's just a D class nobody tinkering with dangerous stuff she doesnt know).

Her research become disorganized, closer to tin hat conspiracy mad-men than a scientific approach, she expand into the occult, specifically the religions/rituals/beliefs related to the dreamworld.

here there is a divergence, two paths:

path 1(some magic) her research bring her in contact with an scp, an entity that proceed to help her study of the dreamworld, a facilitator, except said help come with a cost that the character doesnt realize until late, she end up killing her husband (for real) in her dreams and then, to cover the murder, erase him from history, but end up paying the price herself, the entity take one of her eyes and replace it with another, said eye is considered an scp of safe class by the foundation and appear to not do anything out of the ordinary(basically a feature, but it's a base for character development)

path 2(no magic path) her research drive her further insane, she dream about her ideal man, her husband and think it's real, developing a delusion(i had an husband that i've accidentally killed and then i've erased him from history to not end in prison, but i've paid the price, the dream demon took one of my eyes!) becoming aggressive toward those who rejected her research/ideas, due to her mental instability she lost everything: friends, career, freedom(ended up in an asylum and it's where the foundation recruited her )

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

I've worked some more on my character concept and would like to know if its doable since it include scp exposure and may be riding the kind of magical line, as said in the character creation rule.

Basically a doctor/psychologist whose studies&research bring her to study the (mundane) dreamworld, the interactions between dreams and the issues of her patients, how to help them ecc.

Her research of the(mundane)dreamworld bring her in contact with the real (anomaly) dreamworld, like some kind of other dimension, something like that

She begin exploring the real dreamworld and psionics which seem somewhat linked, she spend a lot of time dreaming and this has a negative effects on her life and health(because she's just a D class nobody tinkering with dangerous stuff she doesnt know).

Her research become disorganized, closer to tin hat conspiracy mad-men than a scientific approach, she expand into the occult, specifically the religions/rituals/beliefs related to the dreamworld.

here there is a divergence, two paths:

path 1(some magic) her research bring her in contact with an scp, an entity that proceed to help her study of the dreamworld, a facilitator, except said help come with a cost that the character doesnt realize until late, she end up killing her husband (for real) in her dreams and then, to cover the murder, erase him from history, but end up paying the price herself, the entity take one of her eyes and replace it with another, said eye is considered an scp of safe class by the foundation and appear to not do anything out of the ordinary(basically a feature, but it's a base for character development)

path 2(no magic path) her research drive her further insane, she dream about her ideal man, her husband and think it's real, developing a delusion(i had an husband that i've accidentally killed and then i've erased him from history to not end in prison, but i've paid the price, the dream demon took one of my eyes!) becoming aggressive toward those who rejected her research/ideas, due to her mental instability she lost everything: friends, career, freedom(ended up in an asylum and it's where the foundation recruited her )

I sent a pm about the eye, as I need to ask some follow up thigs, I would say if her eye is an SCP that might be an issue. The foundation secure's contains and protects SCPs, but its one they have a lot of it then its likely its fines, well that and my question that I PM'd , So essentially if its an SCP that more of 1 exists, dosn't do something craaaazzzy, i'ma probally be okay with it. I pm'd becuase you said its part of her character development so I assume its going to do something later. We can just have an entity of similar description doing this, and maybe other body parts as well to others peeps across the world. so its like scp-????? and your eye is scp-?????-A type

A request, my character has no valid reason to start out with any combat skill from her background/crime so, for the bonus skills(the 4 skills related to the crime and background) can i pick a non-combat skill instead of a combat one?

Basically it would be: social skill,criminal skill and 2 non-combat skills instead of social,criminal,combat and non-combat

I would highly reccomend a combat skill, I don't care if its the wrose one outta the four i gave you, but please.yu personaly are alredy going to have coool skills becuase of the other stuff, so having brawling at +1 to the skill is still bad, rember you an take a bunch of disadvantges as well, but ill think on it for a little bit on the non combat thing. I got to review the frist couple mission ideas I have and what hae ya , bcuase no combat skill is hurting your team not just you.

I can think multiple ways to be useful, even effective, in combat without any combat skill(given equipment of the same value of the guy with a pistol or rifle) , while having brawling+1 is not going to help the party because punching with no skill, just dex, would be - 1 to hit and - 1 to damage.

But if I must take a combat skill, I will