OOC Thread

Morkskittar

Talk out of character here!

My apologies; I am a bit behind on getting everything up due to a mild case of COVID I contracted on Wednesday. I have updated the Mission Information (found at the top of this forum), and will finish tweaking and posting up the briefings tomorrow when my head is a bit clearer. :)

17 minutes ago, JagrHunter said:

What are options for having Six's Triad connections to smuggle in some gear past security?

That would be a Moderate Favor done by taking a test based on your g-rep score (alas, you only get to roll it once you're committed, but you have a fairly high score [60] and I would let you use a Flex to swap digits if necessary on the test; and even if you fail I wouldn't make you forego the equipment, you'd just have to jump through some hoops to reacquire it). If you go that route, you could also smuggle in equipment for the rest of your team as well, and it would be available once you get off the shuttle.

That is actually quite a good idea for smuggling; the triads will likely have deeper connections than the Egocrashers here. ;)

Also, for everyone, Morph and Gear selection is the most complicated part of the Eclipse Phase, so don't hesitate to ask questions if I didn't explain something clearly or if something doesn't make sense. The general difference between MPs and GPs are:

MPs can be used to purchase a base Morph, Morph Traits, and Augments (gear that is built into your morph; Armour/Weapons with a letter in the "Ware" column, listed as an Augment, or software listed explicitly as "Meshware"), but not standard Gear.

GPs can be used to purchase any Gear (including augments), but not Morphs or Morph Traits.

Essentially, MP can be used to purchase Morph Stuff, GPs to purchase stuff not attached to your character's body, and Augments, which blur the line between gear and body, can be purchased with either.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be double-checking/reviewing your morphs later this week to make sure they're ready, likely on Thursday (and I'll answer your latest round of briefing questions tomorrow. I fell behind on Halloween prep and have been making up for lost time, so won't be around much until the season is over tomorrow.

Happy Halloween! :)

Edited by Morkskittar (see edit history)

I forgot how long it takes to get morphs all up and running! Still working through them, and hope to finish by this weekend.

In the meantime, if those of you who have not posted in your briefing threads have any questions or want to introduce yourselves, ask away!

Everyone who has had posted their morph info has had it reviewed; there are a few points left to be addressed, but we are mostly read to go. TheFred is still working on theirs, and it looks like Alexi/Pheonix Fable's account is no longer active, so unless I hear otherwise I will be assuming that they won't be joining the game.

If you have any last burning questions to ask or pre-mission roleplaying to do, now is the time! The beginning of your missions should begin in the second half of this week.

I am assuming that everyone in your group withy any [R]estricted items smuggled them in. Thanks for the reminder about that! You'll have to retrieve said goods before using them from the location sent to Six's meshID. I added a reminder to the post.