OOC Thread

Morkskittar

Since I'm suspecting @Morkskittar locked themselves out of Discord again, I'll reiterate here my question from Friday:

you didn't told me what my success about Hoftada's writings gained me. Is it a "I definitely read those articles" (and the fact that the two others now cannot find them online is an oddity), or perhaps a "I would definitely have spotted articles with such titles had there been properly published" (and it's odd that they never popped on my radar)?

I'm waiting for a reply on this to post IC... 😶

@NickNameless You are right, it seems I did! My apologies for also missing your test in the OOC thread; I read it and then it just slipped out of my mind!

Your critical success (yay doubles!) got you a hard copy of the article in question for analysis. :)

And for T.Z., it's not his fault the weapons and damage systems in the "real world" fall short of what they should be. ;)

Edited by Morkskittar (see edit history)

This may be a dumb question, but how big are our pools? I can't see anywhere to calculate it. Is it just 1 unless we take things that add to it?

Also, is Maria behind cover or anything?

You get pools primarily from morphs but also some other stuff (like augmentations) give bonus pool points. TZ is a Savant, right? Then you get 3 Insight, 1 Vigour and 1 Flex. If you have bonuses from elsewhere you add those too.

So, for example, Aeos get 1 Insight, 3 Moxie, 1 Vigour, 1 Flex for being in a Sylph, but then +1 Moxie and +1 Insight from psi sleights, and +2 Moxie and +2 Insight from ware (Endocrine Control and Mind Amp, respectively).

I am one of those people who's used to hoarding stuff like pool points, so this time my plan was to get large pools and try to use them lots.

Not a dumb question at all! As TheFred said, Pool points vary depending on your morph and any traits you took; the Pools you have are marked on your character sheet (under the "Morph" tab), with the top row representing how many points you currently have, and the bottom one representing the maximum number of each type you can have. T.Z., for example, has 2/3 Insight, 0 Moxie, 0/1 Vigor, and 2/2 Flex points left.

In most scene breaks with an opportunity for actual rest in them, you'll have the opportunity to restore 1d6 across your pools (I'll let you know if this is the case) via a short recharge, and unless you stay up all night, you'll be able to restore all of them during a longer resting period (long recharge).

Okay, I got it. Thanks.

I think my general plan will be to spend Vigor/Moxie/Insight points early and often, and save Flex points for post-roll changes where it makes sense. We'll see how that works for now.

I do enjoy this kind of luck. Things going off the rails usually makes things much more interesting!

Regarding Mei's ping to Null: As Null is in the past, relatively speaking, @Serge Skunk, feel free to simply reply to/intrude on Mei in their thread via TacNet. OOC, T.Z. has a respectable InfoSec of 65 (and a higher Know: SysAdmin skill of 75, which can be used to make InfoSec tests easier if he uses his knowledge to plan things out first in some cases). IC, T.Z. was introduced as being good at InfoSec by your mutual employers. :P