Jump to content

And On That Note...


Arklytte

Recommended Posts

Lance Warren

spacer.pngLeaning back in his chair, Lance cranes his neck, looking at the newcomer upside-down, and begins the miming of tipping a nonexistent hat before snapping an actual hat into his hand with a flourish from his extradimensional storage and sweeping it out theatrically.

"Greetings, new friend," Lance grins. "Lance Warren, and his intrepid partner Bolt, at your service." Finishing his introduction by indicating his hovering ferret companion still busily cleaning the table with tiny magic, with a flourish his fancy hat disappears once more.

Rotating in place over the table, Bolt glances up and wiggles a forepaw, causing a tiny hat similar to Lance's to appear, though the weak magic that formed it it seemed made of ragged colored cloth that would fall apart at the slightest touch, the hat tips itself in a flourish not quite as smooth as Lance's own and promptly fades away as the cleaning resumes as the ferret continues her mid-air rotation lazily, letting out a quiet gekker.


OOC & Notes

N/A

Mechanics & Statblocks

 

Lance Actions

Bolt Actions
  • Free Action(s): N/A
  • Move Action: N/A
  • Standard Action: N/A
  • Full-Round Action: N/A
  • Readied Action: N/A
  • Conditional Immediate Action: N/A

Misc: N/A

  • Free Action(s): N/A
  • Move Action: N/A
  • Standard Action: N/A
  • Full-Round Action: N/A
  • Readied Action: N/A
  • Conditional Immediate Action: N/A

Misc: N/A


Passive Skills
Perception Stealth Sense Motive

+12/+21When rolling to Detect Traps (Lance) | +10 (Bolt)


Auto-Detect TrapsShifty Trait

Gains a free Perception check to notice traps and hazards the first time he is within 10 feet of them, be they mechanical (trip wires, dart throwers, etc.), magical (rune spells, sigils, etc.), or natural (quicksand, pit falls, etc.).
 10' (Lance) / Low-Light Vision (Lance)


Keen Senses (Lance) / Darkvision 60' (Lance & Bolt)

+20 (Lance) | +27 (Bolt)


FreezeFreeze Talent

Bolt may take 20 on Stealth check to hide in plain sight as a small wooden mug.
 (Bolt)


--

+10 (Lance) | +10 (Bolt)


--


--


Statblocks

Lance Warren
spacer.pngMale C/N Human Witch 1|Incanter 4 // Alchemist 1|Conscript 4, Level 5, Init +4, HP 63/63, SP 20/20, Speed 30' Land
AC 25, Touch 15, Flat-footed 20, CMD 18, Fort 6, Ref 9, Will 6, CMB Variable, Base Attack Bonus +4
Telekinetic Greatsword Bludgeon +10 (3d6+1, 19-20/x2, 25' Range)
Unarmored Training, Improved Force Shield (+4 Armor, +4 Shield, +4 Dex, +2 Natural)
Ongoing Effects Orbit (Empty), Vagabond Nick (Stance)
Other Defenses Spell Resistance 16, Fast Healing 2, DR 2/Silver
Notable Modifiers  Detect/Disarm Traps (+21), Steal/Disarm (+20), Open Locks (+17)
Senses Auto Trap Checks (10'), Darkvision (60'), Keen Senses (20'), Low-Light Vision, Tremorsense (30')


Bolt
spacer.pngFemale C/N Ferret Familiar Level 5, Init +3, HP 29/29, SP 7/7, Speed 40' Land, 20' Hover
AC 24, Touch 18, Flat-footed 20, CMD +2, Fort 6, Ref 8, Will 6, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus +4
Ordan's Clockwork Mantle +13 (2d6+1, 19-20/x2, 120' Range)
Tail Slap +12 (1d2, 20/x2)
Unarmored Training (+4 Armor, +4 Size, +4 Dex, +2 Natural)
Ongoing Effects Shaped Veil (1)
Senses Darkvision (60')

 

Edited by BBK (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Valros was a little caught off guard by the...exuberant...welcome he received from the group. He wasn't going to turn his nose up at the offer of a seat, though, and so once he'd paid his dues at the bar, he picked up his box again and slipped it under the offered chair, mumbling their names to himself to help memorise them and then shaking Killian's hand - the half-orc would probably notice that Valros was very gentle, as though the man's hand was a delicate flower he was trying to avoid crushing. "Uh, I'm Valros. I don't have a house or...anything. Nice to, uh...nice to meet you all?"

It was...somewhat hard to tell whether he'd noticed anything about Lucrezia's words and was just trying to ignore them, or whether they'd gone completely over his head. He certainly didn't seem bothered by her fangs. The levitating ferret, on the other hand...that definitely did catch his attention, and he let out a quiet "Aww..!" before remembering himself and clearing his throat awkwardly - fortunately for him, his blood-red skin made it hard to tell whether he was blushing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Statblock

0
NonL
60
HP
Killian Evanero and Perianwyr
Half-Orc, Paladin 5||Sorcerer 1/Psychic 4, Code of Honor, Findeladlara
Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 22
AC 22 (Flat 20, Touch 14) · Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +17 · BAB +5 · Init +4 · CMB +23, CMD 30 · MSB +5(+8), MSD 16(19)


Spell Pool 26 · Phrenic Pool 8 · Hero Points 3 · Combat Stamina 5 · Lay on Hands 8 · Smite Enemy 2


Immune: Disease, Fear · Resistances: Spell Resistance 22, advantage on Poison saves
Conditions: Healthy
Active Sphere Effects: None Currently

As Lucrezia excused herself to go hunting for a snack, Killian retorted, "try not to get into too much trouble, luv. Remember, we have business to attend to later and it would be rather unfortunate if we were to get run out of town prematurely." There was a slight smirk accompanying that last word. The handsome knight could only sigh inwardly at the likely inevitability of that happening again after the last handful of times she had gotten into one of her, hrm, let's call it "moods."

Fortunately, his attention quickly shifted when Valros returned his handshake. In return the gloomkin bowed his head out of respect of the tiefling's conscious effort to be gentle. He definitely liked the cut of this man's jib already.

After the crimson warrior took a seat, Killian did as well, this time switching to where Lucrezia had been sitting so that he could keep a better eye on her.

"So what brings you to this charming little village, good sir?"

Edited by Boogie Woogie Wookiee (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  At The Sign Of The Prancing Pon...err...Golden Gear   

e8oO950.jpg

*************

(Back at the bar)

 

The barman, Leider, nods along to each of the adventurer's requests in turn and collects their various fees. His response was, essentially, the same to each of them. "Take whatever table suits you," he gestured towards the room at large, "and one of my girls will fetch your supper. Martin will be by with your Cream in a minute. In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, just come back up, or call for your server." He waited politely to see if anyone had any more questions, then when they departed for their table, he turned back to the casks behind the bar, refilling mugs and sending them to various thirsty patrons.

*************

Ku8LXeP.jpg
*************
(At the table)
 
The conversation flowed between the companions. Several nearby patrons glanced their way, especially amused at the antics of their various familiars. Most quickly turned back to their conversations, though a few continued to occasionally glance their way, hoping for further entertainment.
 
At one point, a waitress arrived, bringing a pitcher of ale and several mugs. The server smiled pleasantly, but didn't stay long enough to answer any questions, being immediately called away to deliver another round of drinks to a table on the far side of the dining room.
 
The conversation continued, and they quartet were joined by the still sopping Tiefling. Almost immediately a second waitress arrived, dropped off an empty mug in front of Valros, and just as quickly scampered away, a tray over her shoulder brimming with more mugs and pitchers.
 
A couple of minutes after Lucrezia rose to head towards the stage and more closely observe the bard, the other four, caught up in their conversation, were interrupted by a...

*THUMP*
 
The companions were caught by surprise by the arrival of another of the serving wenches, this one bearing their supper. With a cheerful grin the woman moved the small cauldron of stew that she'd set down into the center of the table. Beside it she set a basket with several small, dark loaves of bread and a crock of what appeared to be fresh butter. Bowls, utensils, and a pitcher of cold water quickly joined them. "Sorry my lords, didn't mean to startle ye." she grinned apologetically. "Tis just so busy tonight, we ain't got time ta breathe, much less slow down." The woman glanced towards the stage before turning her attention back to her customers. "A course, that's liable ta change, come the morrow, what with Mistress Ariand taking her leave to head on to the Artificer's manor." She tucked her tray under her arm and smiled brightly. "Martin will be by in a few minutes with your Cream. He had to refill his reservoir, so you'll be getting it fresh from the hob. In the meantime, you need anything, you just call out for Bess, and I'll be here in a trice, yeah?" She waited a beat to see if any of them had any further requests for her, but, before anyone could speak, her name was bellowed from across the room. With a wry grin, she gave a small dip of her head and quickly moved into the crowd. Delicious scents were coming from the stewpot, and the steam still rising from the bread indicated that it had just come from the oven. There was even a small, covered bowl that, when opened, revealed small chunks of raw venison, just the right size for a cat...or ferret. Beside the bowl was a small shot glass, filled with water

A moment later, as the four were just beginning their meal, a tall, strange-looking man approached. His limbs were slender almost to the point of looking half starved, but, strangely, he had a large, almost barrel chest. He had close cropped, dark hair, brown eyes and lightly tanned skin, and in most all other ways looked so completely 'average' that he could have probably blended in with any random crowd of locals. His movements were slow and careful, almost as if his limbs were somehow heavier than they should be. He smiled stiffly at the patrons at the table as he approached, bearing a tray of small earthenware mugs in one hand and a spotless white towel draped over his opposite arm.

Reaching the table, he set down five of the mugs. Each was roughly the size of a balled fist and the sides were fairly thick, most likely for insulation. As he moved, all present caught the dull glint of metal under the man's sleeve, however, before they could react to that, Martin lowered his right hand, pointing his index finger directly at the first mug. With a slight hiss of released steam, the tip of his finger flipped back, exposing a metal spigot, out of which poured a slightly viscous, steaming hot white liquid. The scent of cinnamon, cardamon, and citrus, along with the sharp tang of quality alcohol immediately hit everyone's nose as the mugs were quickly and efficiently filled. When all were finished, the tip of Martin's finger flipped back into place and the man stepped back slightly.

"There you are gentlemen. Please enjoy your Korova Cream. Be sure to sip, and carefully. It's very hot, and very strong. Please let me know what you think. Leider always appreciates feedback from new patrons to the Inn." While the man's voice was pleasant and even, it was just the slightest bit...off. The inflections were occasionally odd, and the emotional undercurrent was curiously flat, though not monotone. And there seemed to be just the barest hint of reverberation to it, as though he were speaking through a very short tube.
 
Martin waited patiently, giving the four a chance to sample their drinks, even as he waved at a customer who'd called his name.
 
image.jpeg.97762ecba7ce3102e44895ef67161e57.jpegJust about the same time that Martin finished pouring the four's steaming drinks, Valros felt a sudden pressure on his leg, as though something had bumped against it. Looking down, the tiefling's gaze was instantly captured by a pair of bright green eyes, their pupils huge and dark.
 
The feral kitten that he'd helped out of the rain appeared to have followed him to the inn. Now that it was out of the drizzle, and seemed to be, at least somewhat, free of the grey mud that had adorned it earlier, he could see that it's medium length coat was a bright golden orange...at least, it would be, once it was clean.
 
When the two locked eyes, the small feline, apparently taking acknowledgement as permission, swarmed up Valros' leg, swiftly climbing to his thigh, and thence into the tiefling's lap. The still somewhat bedraggled kitten glanced up at Valros once more then, turning its head to the side, began to give itself a bath, swiping it's rough tongue on one foreleg and rubbing said foreleg against it's mud speckled ear.
 
With a contented sounding grunt, the little creature quickly made itself to home, grooming itself to the exclusion of all else.
 
A moment later, a high pitched, rumbling purr began to sound in the kittens chest...and somehow, the warrior heard the sound echo in his mind! The kitten suddenly stopped it's grooming and looked back up at Valros. Cocking it's head to the side, it stared deeply into the man's eyes, and, once again, deep in his mind, Valros heard a sound. A high pitched, childlike voice resounded through his thoughts.
 
"horn man warm...smell good...have food?"
 

*************

(At the stage)


1NclVEo.jpgLucrezia, from her new vantage standing much closer to the alluring...and rather fetching...bard, was able to get a better look at the symbols that adorned the cuffs and seams of the woman's garb. The characters formed a definite pattern and appeared to repeat several times as they wound around Ariand's body.

Even as she studied the markings, Lucrezia let loose her powers, sensing many things about the area around her. Given her intense focus on the bard, she noticed the faintest of twitches in the woman's face and neck muscles when the spell was cast. Though her eyes remained closed, Ariand swiveled her head until her closed eyes were locked on Lucrezia's own, and after that, never wavered.

It took Lucrezia several minutes to parse the language out...it turned out to be an extremely archaic dialect of Draconic. Combined with needing to split her mental focus to deal with the deluge of information her magical senses were bringing her, it took all the wizardess' formidable mental might to manage it all at once.

But manage it she did. Lucrezia was able to parse out the words, though matching them up wasn't quite straightforward, because they would abruptly cut off as they wound around the woman's arm, her trim waist, even her full bust. But the dhampir persevered...it's not like she wasn't already staring, after all, and with a final mental splice, she was able to put the words in order.

 

'If you can read this, you spend far too much time with your nose buried in dusty old tomes. Go outside once in awhile, and touch grass.'

 

OOC

OOC NOTES

And we're back. 😁

 

A couple bits of housekeeping. I'd like everyone to either create a 'Mechanics' spoiler at the end of their IC posts going forward (if you haven't already). In that spoiler, I'd like everyone to list their bonuses for Perception, Sense Motive, and Stealth. Include your total bonus, including any long term buffs, but if there's anything affecting the skills, please break it down for me, including situational modifiers.

While there's very little in 5E I like, Passive Perception is one of the things I find useful. I use it for all of the above skills as a sort of guideline for NPC reactions to various situations, rather than having to constantly ask for rolls, since those three skills are used all the time.

Thanks!

Martin

If anyone wishes to try and garner any additional information about your server Martin, you can do so by making either a Knowledge: Arcana or Knowledge: Engineering check. Depending on your skill roll, open the appropriate nested spoilers below for the additional info you learn.

Obviously, you're welcome to look at the rest of the spoilers, but, just as obviously, only allow your character to react to those things they actually know.

Arcana 15 or Engineering 10

Martin appears to be some kind of technological construct, a highly advanced clockwork creation. While purely technological clockwork creations have been long known to exist, one in the form and function of a human being, fully interactable as Martin is, was always thought to be impossible.

It is well known that Artificer Humbert, in addition to being an extremely powerful mage, is one of the most talented clockwork makers in the Empire, so it's highly likely that he created Martin.

Arcana 25 or Engineering 20

It was rumoured that Humbert was working on humanlike clockwork creations with the capability to act and interact independently, rather than via simple programming.

It is further speculated that Humbert was experimenting with somehow giving his clockwork creations the ability to interact emotionally.

 

 

Lucrezia's Divination Results

 

@Starhawk Going forward, please put mechanics based OOC comments in either an Inline OOC or (preferably) an OOC Spoiler at the end of your post. Thanks! 😀

 

Now, onto the crunchy stuff. 😁

 

  • Magical auras: Several. Ariand, Leider and the half orc bouncer all have a Moderate magical aura. Ariand's is the strongest of the three. There are a half dozen or so patrons, randomly scattered about the crowd, that have Faint magical auras, and there are a few Faint magical items scattered around.
    • The half orc's weapon, and a torc around his neck have Moderate magical auras. He also has several other magic items with Faint auras.
    • Leider has a belt, a ring, and an earring with Moderate auras. There's also a greataxe hidden under the bar with a Strong aura.
    • Ariand's clothes, the two daggers at her belt, and her earrings have Moderate auras. She has several items with Faint auras as well. Her Dulcimer has a Strong aura.
  • Aberrations, outsiders: None of either
  • Wounds, hurts, bleeding: Ariand has healing wounds in her back/hip, and a few patrons have minor wounds...probably due to their various manual labor jobs.
  • Incorporeals: None
  • Who is phyically the most hale and hearty: The half orc bouncer.
  • And the least: The androgynous stablehand, currently curled up near the stove in the stable.
  • Who is the best armoured: The half orc bouncer
  • Least armoured: An elderly patron, seated at the bar, wearing homespun clothing...probably a farmer. He's quite drunk, so his incapacitation makes him 'least armoured'.
  • The presence of extreme desires (in particular those whose interest is focussed on her and those at her table): Lucrezia's various displays, both walking in as well as walking towards the stage, combined with her physical beauty and the fact that she's new in town, have drawn the attention of a number of patrons, both male and female.
    • From Ariand specifically, Lucrezia senses interest (intellectual mostly, though there is a hint of cheerful lust as well), as well as more than a bit of amusement.
    • From the half orc, she senses an INTENSE sense of protectiveness toward the staff of the inn, as well as a deep, almost fanatic loyalty to Leider.
  • A generalized idea of the movement through the Tavern in the last 5 hours, not forgetting the presence of portals and signs that anyone has teleported in our out: There are no patterns to the movement within the inn. It's the typical chaos of an extremely busy night. There's constant traffic between the staff and the kitchen, as well as the bar. There are no signs of teleportation or portal effects, other than the portal that Lance summoned earlier.
    • There are a few extradimensional spaces among the patrons, probably pouches/bags of holding and the like. There is a large extradimensional space somewhere behind the bar, probably in the kitchen.
      • Leider, the half orc, and Ariand all have personal extradimensional spaces. Ariand's is strongest.

 

 

 

Edited by Arklytte (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lance Warren

spacer.pngLetting out an excited gekker, Bolt does a few somersaults in midair before she drifts down to the small bowl of raw venison and shot glass of water, obviously very excited to be served the tiny feast.

"Thank you, truly," Lance says softly as he flashes a genuine heartfelt smile at the server, seeing his diminutive friend's joy at the offered meal. Taking a bowl, he serves himself from the small cauldron as one of the small loaves of bread lifts from the basket and levitates to him. As he serves himself and acquires a spoon, one of the knives similarly lifts up and begins cutting the loaf and carefully buttering each slice as they take up orbit around him. Snagging a slice from midair, he begins to alternate between taking bites of stew and sopping up the liquid with the bread, munching appreciatively.

Eying Martin with curiosity, Lance's brows twitch in surprise for a moment as he studies the man before giving his head a small shake as if to clear a distraction, focusing on the interesting beverage being served. Gesturing at his mug with his spoon, it lifts off the table slowly and he takes a cautious sip as it tips itself as he continues to wield both his chosen spoon and partially-munched buttered bread slice. Bolt eyes the mug with curiosity but is too preoccupied with her own meal to do more than glance at it, ignoring the rest of the world in favor of her curiously tidy and well-mannered feasting - using her paws to gingerly hold each chunk of meat, she nibbles at them and when complete, cleans her hands fastidiously before selecting another piece.


OOC & Notes

N/A

Mechanics & Statblocks

 

Lance Actions

Bolt Actions
  • Free Action(s): N/A
  • Move Action: N/A
  • Standard Action: N/A
  • Full-Round Action: N/A
  • Readied Action: N/A
  • Conditional Immediate Action: N/A

Misc: Uses Telekineses Sphere talents to multitask mundane activities.

  • Free Action(s): N/A
  • Move Action: N/A
  • Standard Action: N/A
  • Full-Round Action: N/A
  • Readied Action: N/A
  • Conditional Immediate Action: N/A

Misc: Feasts!


Passive Skills
Perception Stealth Sense Motive

+12/+21 (Lance) | +10 (Bolt)


Auto-Detect Traps 10' (Lance) / Low-Light Vision (Lance)


Keen Senses (Lance) / Darkvision 60' (Lance & Bolt)

+20 (Lance) | +24 (Bolt)


Freeze (Bolt)


--

+10 (Lance) | +10 (Bolt)


--


--


Statblocks

Lance Warren
spacer.pngMale C/N Human Witch 1|Incanter 4 // Alchemist 1|Conscript 4, Level 5, Init +4, HP 63/63, SP 20/20, Speed 30' Land
AC 25, Touch 15, Flat-footed 20, CMD 18, Fort 6, Ref 9, Will 6, CMB Variable, Base Attack Bonus +4
Telekinetic Greatsword Bludgeon +10 (3d6+1, 19-20/x2, 25' Range)
Unarmored Training, Improved Force Shield (+4 Armor, +4 Shield, +4 Dex, +2 Natural)
Ongoing Effects Orbit (Buttered Bread Slices), Vagabond Nick (Stance)
Other Defenses Spell Resistance 16, Fast Healing 2, DR 2/Silver
Notable Modifiers  Detect/Disarm Traps (+21), Steal/Disarm (+20), Open Locks (+17)
Senses Auto Trap Checks (10'), Darkvision (60'), Keen Senses (20'), Low-Light Vision, Tremorsense (30')


Bolt
spacer.pngFemale C/N Ferret Familiar Level 5, Init +3, HP 29/29, SP 7/7, Speed 40' Land, 20' Hover
AC 24, Touch 18, Flat-footed 20, CMD +2, Fort 6, Ref 8, Will 6, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus +4
Ordan's Clockwork Mantle +13 (2d6+1, 19-20/x2, 120' Range)
Tail Slap +12 (1d2, 20/x2)
Unarmored Training (+4 Armor, +4 Size, +4 Dex, +2 Natural)
Ongoing Effects Shaped Veil (1)
Senses Darkvision (60')

 

Edited by BBK (see edit history)
Name
Knowledge (Engineering)
23
1d20+9 14
Knowledge (Arcana)
13
1d20+9 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngspacer.pngLucrezia

Lucrezia snorts in amusement at the practical joke, sure Ariand would note it, even though the sound of it was comprehensively drowned out by the brouhaha of an Inn 'running' at capacity. She smirks as the image of an Inn on giant chicken

fast moving legs passes through her mind, but thankfully it wasn't that kind of building. She

tosses a gold coin into the hat, the joke and the mental exercise had been worth that at

least.

 

There was, she noted, activity at their table, but nothing that had the allure of what was

right in front of her. Besides, Clamydia, though she never called him that, would deliver a

comprehensive summary report back to her.

 

Her various divinations were telling her a lot of things, but most differed little from what her eyes had already told her and her expectations had expected. Having sated her curiosity for the moment, later would be a different matter, she nods courteously and returns to the table and her chair.

 

Mechanics

Perception +14/+15 to avoid surprise + Can see in darkness (even magical) to the limit of daylight vision.

Sense Motive +12 Can read surface thoughts with Mind: Read Mind.

Stealth +13

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Statblock

0
NonL
60
HP
Killian Evanero and PerianwyrimcMtmH.jpgPerianwyr
Diminutive Dragon and Magical Beast (Familiar)

Init +4, Senses Scent, Perception +9

AC 20 (Touch 20, Flat 14) (Dex +6, Size +4)
HP 20; Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +9
Immune None; Bonuses +4 vs. fear (Aura of Courage), +2 vs. paralysis, petrification, polymorph; SR


Speed 10 ft., fly 60 ft. (perfect), swim 50 ft.
Melee none; Space 1 ft., Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks Adorkableness
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Speak with Master; Convenient Appendage (Mouth), Estivation, Freeze
Spherecasting CAM Wis, CL 5th, Spell Pool 6, Somatic Casting 1
Magic Spheres Illusion (Illusory Odor, Illusory Sound, Suppression; Disappearance, Obscura Mage)


Str 3, Dex 22, Con 8, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 0
Attack Bonus +7 (BAB +5, Size+4, Str -2), CMB -1, CMD 8 (4 flat-footed)
Feats Cantrips
Skills Acrobatics +11, Appraise +4, Artistry (Painting) +5, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Fly +26, Handle Animal +1, Knowledge +0, Knowledge (Engineering) +4, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Knowledge (Nobility) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +4, Linguistics +0, Perception +9, Perform (Dance) +5, Perform (Sing) +5, Sense Motive +9, Sleight of Hand +7, Spellcraft +0, Stealth +25, Swim +10, Use Magic Device +6
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Orc, Sylvan; cannot speak


Origin Spheres Form (Aquatic 1, Convenient Appendage [Mouth], Developed Tolerance [Paralysis, Petrification, Polymorph], Developed Wings 3, Estivation, Freeze, Glider, Scent 2; Form Variations (Arm-Wings, Defensive Familiarity [Stealth], Vestigae of the Other [Dragon], Waterhome 2)

Half-Orc, Paladin 5||Sorcerer 1/Psychic 4, Code of HonorFindeladlara's Code of Honor
Convert a powerful enemy into a close friend or ally
Produce an innovative work of art (roll of 30 or higher on an Artistry check)
Reacquire and/or preserve a lost work of elven art
Protect an elven artist in need
Protect an artist of any other race in need
Defeat a known art vandal
Offer aid and shelter to an elf in need who would otherwise be your enemy
Offer aid and shelter to an elf in need and they accept
Become the inspiration for and/or subject of someone else's work of art
Defend a hospitable household from those who would do it harm
Uphold the elven way of life in some notable fashion
Attempt to disguise or show shame towards your elven heritage even in times of peril
Excessively brag of your accomplishments or works of art
Fail to protect or aid an elf in need
Fail to protect or aid an elven artist in need
Allow a close associate of yours to break the law of hospitality
Unwillingly destroy or vandalize an elven work of art (such as when charmed)
Break the law of hospitality
Willfully and knowingly destroy or vandalize an elven work of art
+50
+25
+15
+10
+7
+5
+3
+2
+2
+1
+1
-1
-1
-2
-3
-5
-5
-10
-15
This code of honor is based on the teachings of the church of Findeladlara, the elven goddess of art. Her edicts include the creation and preservation of art and architecture, the sanctity of households, and the artistic inspiration of others.

Note also that the entries that refer to art and artists also refer to architecture and architects as appropriate.

l3pu64p.png

It should also be noted that paladins of Findeladlara are more morally ambiguous than others. While cold-blooded murder and other crimes of that ilk are as abhorant to them as anyone, her champions are willing to bend the rules if the cause is just. For example, stealing for a noble goal is perfectly acceptable to them, and even aiding known villains and criminals in the pursuit of the greater good or to convert them to the light is not only fine by them, but something that they eagerly pursue to mirror their goddess's conversion of the succubus Nocticula. Not surprisingly, her followers share a close bond with those of the Redeemer Queen.
, Findeladlara

Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 22
AC 22 (Flat 20, Touch 14) · Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +17 · BAB +5 · Init +4 · CMB +23, CMD 30 · MSB +5(+8), MSD 16(19)


Spell Pool 26 · Phrenic Pool 8 · Hero Points 3 · Combat Stamina 5 · Lay on Hands 8 · Smite Enemy 2


Immune: Disease, Fear · Resistances: Spell Resistance 22, advantage on Poison saves
Conditions: Healthy
Active Sphere Effects: None Currently

Killian's eyes turned into saucers as all of the food began rolling in. While the paladin rarely had any physical need to eat, he did enjoy their worldly pleasures from time to time, particularly after having been on the road for several weeks. The novelty of hardtack, dried fruits, and other common trail staples could only satisfy his love of culinary delights for so long, after all. So when the opportunity came to indulge himself, he most certainly did!

Thus it was to absolutely no one's surprise that he had already began to tuck in even before the serving wench had time to leave.

A moment later when Martin arrived and began to perform his serving routine, the paladin paused long enough to give a gentle applause as a genuinely delighted expression found its way onto his face. His smile only broadened when the foamy libation began to pour forth from the automaton's spigotted forefinger.

"Oh, how charming," he complimented, laughing lightly as the mugs filled to the brim. "A marvelous trick, that is!"

There was a beat as Martin came to the conclusion of his task.

"Forgive me, but if it's not too terribly rude of me to ask, you wouldn't happen to know a magus by the name of Humbert, would you? My friends here and I were hoping to meet him and possibly tend to some business." The gloomkin suspected that he already knew the answerI rolled a 26 and 28 respectively for his Knowledge (Arcana) and (Engineering) checks in the dice thread., but decorum demanded that he nevertheless ask.


After Martin left the table, Killian noticed the kitten that had crawled up onto Valros' lap. While taking a long, slow draw from his Korova Cream—oh! that is a delight!—he brought his free hand up and sort of gestured lightly in the air. By the time he lowered it back down to his lap, the kitten's fur had poofed out a bit from the sudden cleaning and drying ithad just received courtesy of Killian's simple little cantrip.

With a smile, he looked up into Valros' eyes. "You look like you could do with a bit of a drying off yourself. Do you mind?" He brought his hand up again in preparation for a repeat performance.

Mechanics

COMMON SKILLS


Bonuses: Linguistics +8, Perception (Unlocked) +20, Sense Motive +14, Stealth +17.
Concentration: +5, +8 with Enhancement or Telekinesis effects or +10 if he's boosted the enhancement bonus of his implement.
Passive Scores: Linguistics 18, Perception 30, Sense Motive 24, Stealth 27.

OTHER CONSIDERATOINS


Escape Techniques: Emergency WarpAs an immediate action, Killian can spend a spell point to teleport 15' away..
Fated Birth: HermitAs a swift action, Killian can aid another on himself, granting a +4 bonus to many checks..
Invisibility: Killian's familiar, Perianwyr, can create an Illusion (Suppression) effect that affects sight, sound, and scent.
Phrenic Techniques: AutohypnosisAs an immediate action, the ascendant mind may use a limited form of mind control on herself. She may reroll a concentration check she just made. She must keep the second result, even if it is lower than the first., HypercognitionThe ascendant mind can connect to higher sources of knowledge. When she rolls a Knowledge check, she may use this ability as a free action to reroll a check, with an insight bonus equal to her phrenic ability modifier. She must accept the second result, even if it is lower than the first..
Senses: Darkvision 150', Emotional BondYou can create an empathic link between yourself and your allies, allowing you to monitor their emotional states. Setting up the link requires 10 minutes of uninterrupted concentration from you and all subjects, Who must remain within 10 feet of you. You can link with a number of allies equal to your Charisma modifier. This bond lasts until the next time you regain your spells, or until you go unconscious or voluntarily end the bond as a free action.

If the bond ends, you can establish a new bond at will with another 10 minutes of mutual concentration. This link allows you to monitor emotions, detecting when allies become angry, surprised, confused, fearful, or the like, but doesn’t allow them to communicate specific details. You can also easily tell whether a subject is unconscious. If a subject dies or moves to a different plane than you, your bond with that creature is severed. The distance between you and the subjects doesn’t affect the bond as long as you’re on the same plane of existence.

At 4th level, the bond also gives you the benefits of the status spell with all subjects of the emotional bond.
, Keen Senses (see ×4 distance in mist/fog/etc.), Low-Light Vision, Scent.

Special: Unless anyone objects, it should be assumed that Killian creates an emotional bond with all of the party members and both Perianwyr and let's go with Clem since Bolt rarely seems to leave Lance's side. And also because Clem's persnickety attitude amuses him to no end. He does this every morning after finishing his reverie and/or while they are sleeping unless otherwise stated.

Edited by Boogie Woogie Wookiee (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Considering Valros's rather awkward greeting to the rest of the group, one might have expected him to be even more baffled by the clockwork man pouring their drinks from his hand and the telepathic kitten. Strangely, though, he seemed relatively unbothered by the oddities - or, at least, no more bothered than he had the presence of the far more normal waitress who'd delivered their food, giving an awkward "Thank you," to Martin before being distracted by the cat scrabbling up his leg. He paused for a moment before a massive grin spread across his face. "Hello!" he murmured softly to it - it probably couldn't entirely hear him over the noise of the tavern, although it was perhaps debatable whether or not it needed to hear him verbally.

After a moment's thought, he tried to get the attention of the waitress. "Um, Bess?" He did speak slightly louder, although it certainly wasn't a full-blown shout, so in the absence of that he raised a hand instead. He would have gotten up and gone back to the bar directly rather than take up more of the waitress's time, but obviously since there was a cat sitting on his lap he was stuck in place for the forseeable future. Either way, once he managed to catch the attention of one of the inn's staff, he gestured slightly to the cat on his lap and then to Bolt's little meal. "Could I get a small thing of meat as well, like that? I seem to have made a friend."

Tentatively, he reached down to stroke the kitten's head with one finger - only to jump slightly as Killian's magic suddenly poofed the cat clean, and looked at his own hand briefly. "Oh, uh, if you wouldn't mind. I wouldn't want to be petted by something with a wet hand if I'd only just got clean and dry."

(Barring further interjections, he would eventually get around to trying his Korova Cream.)

OOC / Mechanics

OOC notes/whatever go here.


Passive Skills:

Perception +1 [Darkvision]
Sense Motive +1
Stealth +1 (unarmoured)

Statblock

Valros
Male NG-ish Tiefling-ish Hedgewitch // Striker, Level 5, Init 1, HP 70/75-5; 1 nl, DR Resist fire 15, 3/- vs nonlethal, Speed 30ft
AC 22, Touch 20, Flat-footed 17, CMD 30, Fort 9, Ref 5, Will 5, CMB +11, Base Attack Bonus 5   
+1 Dragonbane Consecrated Adamantine  Longsword [/B] +12 (1d8+7, 19-20x2)
Unarmed +11 (1d6+6 plus 1 fire, x2)
Unarmoured, No Shield (+5 Str, +2 Natural, +5 Misc)
Abilities Str 22, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 10
Condition None
+4 to Constitution checks and Fortitude saves to avoid fatigue, exhaustion, and nonlethal damage from running, forced marches, starvation, thirst, and hot or cold environments
+9 CMD vs Bull Rush & Overrun


Catisthenics 2/2, SP 11/15, Stamina 10/10, Tension N/A

Edited by Llyarden (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Statblock

0
NonL
60
HP
Killian Evanero and PerianwyrimcMtmH.jpgPerianwyr
Diminutive Dragon and Magical Beast (Familiar)

Init +4, Senses Scent, Perception +9

AC 20 (Touch 20, Flat 14) (Dex +6, Size +4)
HP 20; Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +9
Immune None; Bonuses +4 vs. fear (Aura of Courage), +2 vs. paralysis, petrification, polymorph; SR


Speed 10 ft., fly 60 ft. (perfect), swim 50 ft.
Melee none; Space 1 ft., Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks Adorkableness
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Speak with Master; Convenient Appendage (Mouth), Estivation, Freeze
Spherecasting CAM Wis, CL 5th, Spell Pool 6, Somatic Casting 1
Magic Spheres Illusion (Illusory Odor, Illusory Sound, Suppression; Disappearance, Obscura Mage)


Str 3, Dex 22, Con 8, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 0
Attack Bonus +7 (BAB +5, Size+4, Str -2), CMB -1, CMD 8 (4 flat-footed)
Feats Cantrips
Skills Acrobatics +11, Appraise +4, Artistry (Painting) +5, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Fly +26, Handle Animal +1, Knowledge +0, Knowledge (Engineering) +4, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Knowledge (Nobility) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +4, Linguistics +0, Perception +9, Perform (Dance) +5, Perform (Sing) +5, Sense Motive +9, Sleight of Hand +7, Spellcraft +0, Stealth +25, Swim +10, Use Magic Device +6
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Orc, Sylvan; cannot speak


Origin Spheres Form (Aquatic 1, Convenient Appendage [Mouth], Developed Tolerance [Paralysis, Petrification, Polymorph], Developed Wings 3, Estivation, Freeze, Glider, Scent 2; Form Variations (Arm-Wings, Defensive Familiarity [Stealth], Vestigae of the Other [Dragon], Waterhome 2)

Half-Orc, Paladin 5||Sorcerer 1/Psychic 4, Code of HonorFindeladlara's Code of Honor
Convert a powerful enemy into a close friend or ally
Produce an innovative work of art (roll of 30 or higher on an Artistry check)
Reacquire and/or preserve a lost work of elven art
Protect an elven artist in need
Protect an artist of any other race in need
Defeat a known art vandal
Offer aid and shelter to an elf in need who would otherwise be your enemy
Offer aid and shelter to an elf in need and they accept
Become the inspiration for and/or subject of someone else's work of art
Defend a hospitable household from those who would do it harm
Uphold the elven way of life in some notable fashion
Attempt to disguise or show shame towards your elven heritage even in times of peril
Excessively brag of your accomplishments or works of art
Fail to protect or aid an elf in need
Fail to protect or aid an elven artist in need
Allow a close associate of yours to break the law of hospitality
Unwillingly destroy or vandalize an elven work of art (such as when charmed)
Break the law of hospitality
Willfully and knowingly destroy or vandalize an elven work of art
+50
+25
+15
+10
+7
+5
+3
+2
+2
+1
+1
-1
-1
-2
-3
-5
-5
-10
-15
This code of honor is based on the teachings of the church of Findeladlara, the elven goddess of art. Her edicts include the creation and preservation of art and architecture, the sanctity of households, and the artistic inspiration of others.

Note also that the entries that refer to art and artists also refer to architecture and architects as appropriate.

l3pu64p.png

It should also be noted that paladins of Findeladlara are more morally ambiguous than others. While cold-blooded murder and other crimes of that ilk are as abhorant to them as anyone, her champions are willing to bend the rules if the cause is just. For example, stealing for a noble goal is perfectly acceptable to them, and even aiding known villains and criminals in the pursuit of the greater good or to convert them to the light is not only fine by them, but something that they eagerly pursue to mirror their goddess's conversion of the succubus Nocticula. Not surprisingly, her followers share a close bond with those of the Redeemer Queen.
, Findeladlara

Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 22
AC 22 (Flat 20, Touch 14) · Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +17 · BAB +5 · Init +4 · CMB +23, CMD 30 · MSB +5(+8), MSD 16(19)


Spell Pool 26 · Phrenic Pool 7/8 · Hero Points 3 · Combat Stamina 5 · Lay on Hands 8 · Smite Enemy 2


Immune: Disease, Fear · Resistances: Spell Resistance 22, advantage on Poison saves
Conditions: Healthy
Active Sphere Effects: None Currently

Killian's smile turned into a grin. Without a word, his fingers glide through the air, cleaning Valros up. "There you go, mate."

He once again took a more comfortable position, accompanied by another long swig from his drink. A foamy moustache was now becoming abundantly present on his upper lip, of which he was completely oblivious to. "So, as we were discussing before this marvelous meal arrived, what brings you to town?"

Mechanics

COMMON SKILLS


Bonuses: Linguistics +8, Perception (Unlocked) +20, Sense Motive +14, Stealth +17.
Concentration: +5, +8 with Enhancement or Telekinesis effects or +10 if he's boosted the enhancement bonus of his implement.
Passive Scores: Linguistics 18, Perception 30, Sense Motive 24, Stealth 27.

OTHER CONSIDERATOINS


Escape Techniques: Emergency WarpAs an immediate action, Killian can spend a spell point to teleport 15' away..
Fated Birth: HermitAs a swift action, Killian can aid another on himself, granting a +4 bonus to many checks..
Invisibility: Killian's familiar, Perianwyr, can create an Illusion (Suppression) effect that affects sight, sound, and scent.
Phrenic Techniques: AutohypnosisAs an immediate action, the ascendant mind may use a limited form of mind control on herself. She may reroll a concentration check she just made. She must keep the second result, even if it is lower than the first., HypercognitionThe ascendant mind can connect to higher sources of knowledge. When she rolls a Knowledge check, she may use this ability as a free action to reroll a check, with an insight bonus equal to her phrenic ability modifier. She must accept the second result, even if it is lower than the first..
Senses: Darkvision 150', Emotional BondYou can create an empathic link between yourself and your allies, allowing you to monitor their emotional states. Setting up the link requires 10 minutes of uninterrupted concentration from you and all subjects, Who must remain within 10 feet of you. You can link with a number of allies equal to your Charisma modifier. This bond lasts until the next time you regain your spells, or until you go unconscious or voluntarily end the bond as a free action.

If the bond ends, you can establish a new bond at will with another 10 minutes of mutual concentration. This link allows you to monitor emotions, detecting when allies become angry, surprised, confused, fearful, or the like, but doesn’t allow them to communicate specific details. You can also easily tell whether a subject is unconscious. If a subject dies or moves to a different plane than you, your bond with that creature is severed. The distance between you and the subjects doesn’t affect the bond as long as you’re on the same plane of existence.

At 4th level, the bond also gives you the benefits of the status spell with all subjects of the emotional bond.
, Keen Senses (see ×4 distance in mist/fog/etc.), Low-Light Vision, Scent.

Emotional Bond: This allows Killian to sense everyone's current emotions, distance, direction, and any conditions affecting them as long as they are on the same plane. He forms this bond each morning with all four party members, plus Perianwyr and one of the familiars (usually Clem as he has a penchant for leaving Lucrezia's side more than Bolt does). If the psychic kitty ends up joining us, he will probably be the prime candidate in the future due to the lack of a mystical bond to anyone in the group.

Edited by Boogie Woogie Wookiee (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Statblock

0
NonL
55
HP
Trellis
Wyrwood, Druid 5||Hedgewitch 5
Str 10, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 22, Wis 16, Cha 10
AC 21 (Flat 17, Touch 21) · Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +7 · BAB +3 · Init +4 · CMB +2, CMD 16 · MSB +5, MSD 16


Spell Pool 26/26 · Inspiration Pool 5/5 · Hero Points 3


Immune: _ · Resistances: _
Conditions: Healthy
Active Sphere Effects: None Currently

As Martin dispensed drinks, Trellis studied him closely. The odd inflections and mechanical finger marked Martin as a technological construct of immense sophistication. Trellis realized this was likely the handiwork of Humbert, rumored to be pioneering clockworks capable of independence and even emotion.

Trellis felt an innate fascination towards Martin, as a fellow construct, yet knew their origins differed greatly. Trellis' wyrwood body was formed through ancient magics granting verisimilitude of life, whereas Martin stemmed purely from technological ingenuity.

Seeing Martin exhibit personality and feeling despite a solely artificial nature was revelatory to Trellis. It reflected capabilities of construct engineering far beyond what most thought possible. Trellis wondered if Martin had awakened to true self-awareness, and considered asking discreetly about his origins when opportunity allowed.

Edited by Keante (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngspacer.pngLucrezia

Lucrezia sits quietly, waiting, like Killian, for an answer to Killian's question. Trellis was still lost in thought, or seemed to be.. how would anyone know?, so nothing to do there. Valros still seemed to be lost in his experience of sudden dryness. Martin was still studying the walking drinks dispenser, though the idea of cream coming from a living being made her cringe and want to laugh at the same time.

Shrugging, the bard hadn't finished her set and Killian, the reliable conversationalist of the company, was busy with the newcomer, Lucrezia opted to do something with her mouth and devoted the time to chewing on her food.

 

Mechanics

Perception +14/+15 to avoid surprise + Can see in darkness (even magical) to the limit of daylight vision.

Sense Motive +12 Can read surface thoughts with Mind: Read Mind.

Stealth +13

 

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  At The Sign Of The Prancing Pon...err...Golden Gear   

e8oO950.jpg
 

*************

Ku8LXeP.jpg

*************

Martin smiled happily at Killian, seeming quite happy to interact with the half orc. "Why yes sir. I'm well acquainted with Artificer Humbert. He's the one who sent me to work for Master Leider. If you're heading to the Manor, I'm sure he'll be pleased to see you, and will be more than happy to assist you with whatever you need."

As he finished speaking, the server noticed that the customer who had been signalling him earlier was getting rather insistent...and loud. Turning back to the table, he gave them all a half bow. "Please forgive me gentlemen, but I need to go take care of that patron before he gets upset. When your companion is ready to return to the table, or any of you need a refill, signal me and I'll top you up. I am authorized to take payment myself, or you can establish a tab with Master Leider, should you so choose." Giving another nod of his head, the man moved off into the crowd, deftly avoiding the other servers and patrons. Despite his odd, stiff gait, he appeared to be quite dexterous.

 
image.jpeg.97762ecba7ce3102e44895ef67161e57.jpegAfter Martin had left and Killian cleaned both the kitten and it's new servant, into who's lap it was rather firmly ensconced, the little ginger feline turned it's deep green eyes on the half orc.
 
From deep within Killian's mind, he heard a bright, childlike voice resonating through him.
 
"nice green man...make clean and dry...is good...no like muck and wet"
 
A faint echo of the kitten's mental voice sounded in Valros' head, as though he'd 'heard' the mental conversation from a short distance away.
 
Just about then, Bess arrived in response to Valros' call. Looking down at the adorable kitten, her face softened and she grinned. "Well, isn't he the most adorable little thing? I'll be back in a jif with a snack, and a saucer of milk, for the little one." Reaching down, she gave the kitten a quick scratch behind the ears before turning away to head back to the bar and place the tiefling's additional order.
 
The kitten, having received it's just due of attention settled down in the tiefling's lap, purring contentedly.
 
"nice lady...bring food...thank warm horn man"

*************

A few minutes later, as Lucrezia was on her way back to the table, Martin returned as well. Once again, he nodded to everyone present and set an empty stoneware mug on the table, before he reached out a hand, the finger flipping back, and the brass nozzle once more sent out a steady stream of warm Korova Cream into the empty mug. A moment later, it was full nearly to the brim, and his finger once more returned to normal. Placing the mug at the appropriate spot, Martin then moved to one side, drawing out Lucrezia's chair and then tucking it back in as she moved to sit. "There you are, madam. Please enjoy your Korova Cream. Be sure to sip, and carefully. It's very hot...KRRZZZZXXXT!!" Just as he uttered the word 'Hot', a strange, static filled HISS emanated from Martin, and his whole body twitched violently. A split second later, there was a soft WHOOSH, followed by a brief, but intense pain on the outside of Lucrezia's right shin.

The server's face morphed from pleasant to horrified in a flash. In a voice barely above a whisper he stammered out an apology, his formerly cheerful voice taking on a somber, mournful tone. Oddly, the tone of the apology carried the most emotion that any of the companions had observed from the server. "I'm so, so sorry. I didn't mean to do that. Please forgive me...it's a sickness I have."

Before any of the group could stop him, Martin spun away, quickly striding to a dark corner near the half orc bouncer. As he jerkily moved across the room, the five of them could hear the man muttering something unintelligible, but clearly distressed, under his breath.

Bess, who'd just arrived with two small saucers for Valros' new companion, gave them all a soft, sad smile. Reaching into a pocket in her apron, she pulled out a small glass phial filled with a pearlescent liquid and offered it to Lucrezia. "Please accept my apology as well on behalf of poor Martin. That potion will fix up any damage done to your person."

She huffed in irritation before continuing. "I dont know what that Humbert was thinking...giving that poor thing such a sickness. You'd think a 'Grand High Artificer' would know his trade better than to give a clockwork creation emotions, then force it to do something that so clearly upsets it!"

Setting the dishes down in front of Valros with more force than necessary, though still with enough professionalism to avoid spilling any, she looked over at the corner where Martin had gone and bit her lip. With a soft sigh, the server turned to Lucrezia. "Once again, ma'am, I'm terribly sorry. Master Leider has standing orders that any patron who is affected by Martin's...'tics', gets a full refund for the price of their stay, and a drink on the house. He'll also pay for any necessary repairs to your outfit." She looked down at the dress, a small frown on her face. "Anya" she pointed at a slim, willowy, blonde half-elf on the far side of the Inn, "is a fine seamstress and should be able to repair that for you tonight while you sleep. Just call for her when you're ready to head up for the night and she'll have it back to you, right as rain, in the morning."

Bess hesitated a moment, lingering to answer any additional questions, or, if necessary, soothe tempers, before once again being called away.

As the companions were reacting to all these developments, a gruff voice, sounding like two boulders grinding together, spoke from the shadows of a nearby booth. "If I were you, I'd go on to the Barrow in the morning, and forget about the Clockwork Mage." The comment was followed by a loud slurp as the cloaked, shrouded figure took a large swig from a stoneware Cream mug, before setting it carefully down on the table.

 

 

OOC

OOC NOTES

Apologies for the long delay. It's been an...interesting few days. 😬

We'll be back on track now, and I'll make every effort to keep the pace at something more reasonable.

 

Regarding Martin's 'Tics'

Lucrezia takes 1 point of Fire damage to the outside of her right shin (adjusted by any ER). In addition, unless it's resistant/immune to Fire damage, her dress now has a perfect circle, the size of a quarter, with definite char marks around the edge, burnt in the same location.

If anyone tries to stop Martin from leaving, one of the servers (not Bess, who's on her way at that moment, though not actually there yet) will intervene, stepping between them and the automaton. They will repeat his words about it being a sickness, as well as sincerely apologize. They will then refer all further questions/concerns to the approaching Bess.

If anyone tries to follow, or escalate the situation, the half orc will take a single step out of his alcove and give the follower/escalator a very definite 'I wouldn't do that if you want to keep all your limbs attached to your torso' glare.

That said, you can, of course, react to any and all of the above however you like. That's just what happens in the first seconds after Martin giving Lucrezia a 'hotfoot...err...shin'.

The Phial

A DC 15 Craft Alchemy check (or knowing the formulae for Salve) will reveal that the liquid is an ingestible version of the formulae. It is quite diluted and will only heal 1d2HP worth of damage.

It is a standard Alchemy Formulae, and will degrade in the usual manner, in roughly 12 hours.

 

 

 

Edited by Arklytte (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Statblock

0
NonL
60
HP
Killian Evanero and PerianwyrimcMtmH.jpgPerianwyr
Diminutive Dragon and Magical Beast (Familiar)

Init +4, Senses Scent, Perception +9

AC 20 (Touch 20, Flat 14) (Dex +6, Size +4)
HP 20; Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +9
Immune None; Bonuses +4 vs. fear (Aura of Courage), +2 vs. paralysis, petrification, polymorph; SR


Speed 10 ft., fly 60 ft. (perfect), swim 50 ft.
Melee none; Space 1 ft., Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks Adorkableness
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Speak with Master; Convenient Appendage (Mouth), Estivation, Freeze
Spherecasting CAM Wis, CL 5th, Spell Pool 6, Somatic Casting 1
Magic Spheres Illusion (Illusory Odor, Illusory Sound, Suppression; Disappearance, Obscura Mage)


Str 3, Dex 22, Con 8, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 0
Attack Bonus +7 (BAB +5, Size+4, Str -2), CMB -1, CMD 8 (4 flat-footed)
Feats Cantrips
Skills Acrobatics +11, Appraise +4, Artistry (Painting) +5, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Fly +26, Handle Animal +1, Knowledge +0, Knowledge (Engineering) +4, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Knowledge (Nobility) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +4, Linguistics +0, Perception +9, Perform (Dance) +5, Perform (Sing) +5, Sense Motive +9, Sleight of Hand +7, Spellcraft +0, Stealth +25, Swim +10, Use Magic Device +6
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Orc, Sylvan; cannot speak


Origin Spheres Form (Aquatic 1, Convenient Appendage [Mouth], Developed Tolerance [Paralysis, Petrification, Polymorph], Developed Wings 3, Estivation, Freeze, Glider, Scent 2; Form Variations (Arm-Wings, Defensive Familiarity [Stealth], Vestigae of the Other [Dragon], Waterhome 2)

Half-Orc, Paladin 5||Sorcerer 1/Psychic 4, Code of HonorFindeladlara's Code of Honor
Convert a powerful enemy into a close friend or ally
Produce an innovative work of art (roll of 30 or higher on an Artistry check)
Reacquire and/or preserve a lost work of elven art
Protect an elven artist in need
Protect an artist of any other race in need
Defeat a known art vandal
Offer aid and shelter to an elf in need who would otherwise be your enemy
Offer aid and shelter to an elf in need and they accept
Become the inspiration for and/or subject of someone else's work of art
Defend a hospitable household from those who would do it harm
Uphold the elven way of life in some notable fashion
Attempt to disguise or show shame towards your elven heritage even in times of peril
Excessively brag of your accomplishments or works of art
Fail to protect or aid an elf in need
Fail to protect or aid an elven artist in need
Allow a close associate of yours to break the law of hospitality
Unwillingly destroy or vandalize an elven work of art (such as when charmed)
Break the law of hospitality
Willfully and knowingly destroy or vandalize an elven work of art
+50
+25
+15
+10
+7
+5
+3
+2
+2
+1
+1
-1
-1
-2
-3
-5
-5
-10
-15
This code of honor is based on the teachings of the church of Findeladlara, the elven goddess of art. Her edicts include the creation and preservation of art and architecture, the sanctity of households, and the artistic inspiration of others.

Note also that the entries that refer to art and artists also refer to architecture and architects as appropriate.

l3pu64p.png

It should also be noted that paladins of Findeladlara are more morally ambiguous than others. While cold-blooded murder and other crimes of that ilk are as abhorant to them as anyone, her champions are willing to bend the rules if the cause is just. For example, stealing for a noble goal is perfectly acceptable to them, and even aiding known villains and criminals in the pursuit of the greater good or to convert them to the light is not only fine by them, but something that they eagerly pursue to mirror their goddess's conversion of the succubus Nocticula. Not surprisingly, her followers share a close bond with those of the Redeemer Queen.
, Findeladlara

Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 22
AC 22 (Flat 20, Touch 14) · Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +17 · BAB +5 · Init +4 · CMB +23, CMD 30 · MSB +5(+8), MSD 16(19)


Spell Pool 26 · Phrenic Pool 7/8 · Hero Points 3 · Combat Stamina 5 · Lay on Hands 8 · Smite Enemy 2


Immune: Disease, Fear · Resistances: Spell Resistance 22, advantage on Poison saves
Conditions: Healthy
Active Sphere Effects: None Currently

Killian listened as Martin replied to him. That eternal smile of his was beaming at the mechanical marvel the entire time as he studied its every intricacy. Humbert truly was a master of his craft.

"Well that's good to know, thank you!" He looked read to ask something else, most likely for directions to Humbert's manor, but the automaton was quick to excuse himself; a fact that paladin understood completely given how busy the tavern was that evening.

Fortunately, he was immediately sidetracked as a sweet voice filled his mind. With only a mild look of surprise, he turned towards Valros' lap before smiling even more brightly.

He then extended a solitary finger to the kitten as if to shake its paw.

"Well hello there," he replied to the kitten, projecting his thoughts once it touched his finger. "You must forgive me, I would have asked your permission if I knew you could speak. But I'm glad you enjoyed the experience, it was entirely my pleasure to offer it. I only know too well how unlikable it is to be muck and wet." As an afterthought, he quickly added, "The name's Killian, by the by. It's very nice to meet you."


Later, when Lucrezia was making her way back, Killian gave a bit of a gasp when he saw Martin's little malfunction. His heart immediately sank as he listened to the clockwork golem's profuse and sincere apologies. He desperately wanted to reach out and comfort him, but Martin was far too quick to make his escape. So instead, Killian just sat there, frowning for the first time that day. Perhaps Humbert wasn't quite as skilled as he previously assumed after all.

Regardless, when the dhampyr did finally return to the table, Killian looked over her injury. His smile returned, albeit more weakly than before, when he saw that it was already patching itself up. "Allow me," he said before reaching out to run a finger--the same he had greeted the kitten with just a munite prior--along the circumference of the hole that had been made in her gown. While sensual, there was nothing romantic about the touch so much as it was simply soft and nurturing. As he did so, a tiny, multicolored sparkle followed the trail he made, and when he pulled his hand back, the tear immediately began to mend itself. The prepare wasn't as pretty as it could be, but at least it would hold for now.


It was only then that he heard the gruff voice of the man in the booth. Taking his mug in hand, he turned and looked in his direction, not at all surprised to find a cloaked figure there.

"Oloré," he spoke in his direction, a traditional elven greeting translating roughly as "merrily met." "Why would you say that, my friend? I've only ever heard good things of Lord Humbert."

As he awaited a reply, the elvish orc hybrid could feel some wriggling around inside his vest. A moment later, a very cantankerous-looking faerie dragon poked his head out of a pocket. Reaching up with one of his paws, Perianwyr wiped the sleep out of his eyes and looked around for the source of the buzzing that woke him up from his slumber.

Mechanics

COMMON SKILLS


Bonuses: Linguistics +8, Perception (Unlocked) +20, Sense Motive +14, Stealth +17.
Concentration: +5, +8 with Enhancement or Telekinesis effects or +10 if he's boosted the enhancement bonus of his implement.
Passive Scores: Linguistics 18, Perception 30, Sense Motive 24, Stealth 27.

OTHER CONSIDERATOINS


Escape Techniques: Emergency WarpAs an immediate action, Killian can spend a spell point to teleport 15' away..
Fated Birth: HermitAs a swift action, Killian can aid another on himself, granting a +4 bonus to many checks..
Invisibility: Killian's familiar, Perianwyr, can create an Illusion (Suppression) effect that affects sight, sound, and scent.
Phrenic Techniques: AutohypnosisAs an immediate action, the ascendant mind may use a limited form of mind control on herself. She may reroll a concentration check she just made. She must keep the second result, even if it is lower than the first., HypercognitionThe ascendant mind can connect to higher sources of knowledge. When she rolls a Knowledge check, she may use this ability as a free action to reroll a check, with an insight bonus equal to her phrenic ability modifier. She must accept the second result, even if it is lower than the first..
Senses: Darkvision 150', Emotional BondYou can create an empathic link between yourself and your allies, allowing you to monitor their emotional states. Setting up the link requires 10 minutes of uninterrupted concentration from you and all subjects, Who must remain within 10 feet of you. You can link with a number of allies equal to your Charisma modifier. This bond lasts until the next time you regain your spells, or until you go unconscious or voluntarily end the bond as a free action.

If the bond ends, you can establish a new bond at will with another 10 minutes of mutual concentration. This link allows you to monitor emotions, detecting when allies become angry, surprised, confused, fearful, or the like, but doesn’t allow them to communicate specific details. You can also easily tell whether a subject is unconscious. If a subject dies or moves to a different plane than you, your bond with that creature is severed. The distance between you and the subjects doesn’t affect the bond as long as you’re on the same plane of existence.

At 4th level, the bond also gives you the benefits of the status spell with all subjects of the emotional bond.
, Keen Senses (see ×4 distance in mist/fog/etc.), Low-Light Vision, Scent.

Emotional Bond: This allows Killian to sense everyone's current emotions, distance, direction, and any conditions affecting them as long as they are on the same plane. He forms this bond each morning with all four party members, plus Perianwyr and one of the familiars (usually Clem as he has a penchant for leaving Lucrezia's side more than Bolt does). If the psychic kitty ends up joining us, he will probably be the prime candidate in the future due to the lack of a mystical bond to anyone in the group.

OOC Notes

Killian just used his Improved Cantrips feat to duplicate a mending cantrip, as per the footnote for the prerequisite Cantrips feat. I'm not sure if that's 100% allowed given the Creation sphere, so if its out of bounds for the available effects, please ignore that little tidbit in this post.

Edited by Boogie Woogie Wookiee (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngspacer.pngLucrezia

The bard was 'interesting', not to say 'delicious', so I knew I'd be heading back over there in a spell. In a spell? Curious framing, but likely entirely apt in every sense. She was enchanting after all. Wish I'd learned an instrument... what was that people said... music soothes the savage heart? I'd always wondered whether vampires, cut off from life, were also cut off from 'connection' and so much desirious of it, savage even, and blood too, of course. If so, that would explain much about me.

Dear Dad would love this place, a veritable happy hunting ground. Well except for the fact that he'd have to bury himself in 'that' forest, what with there being nowhere else to hide. I conjure, if he's still ghosting around, that he'll stick to dismal large cities.

The food on the plate seems pretty enough, the aromas heartwarming, well if I had a heart to warm. Ah, don't look. Ok, let's look. Yeah, she's still plucking away. Plucking? Alright, let's go with playing instead...

Lucrezia started when burned, losing that thousand yard stare she tended to have when she divining, which she could do, while walking and talking at the same time.. an unusual ability, akin to juggling three balls with one hand. Reflexively she bared her teeth, almost snarled, but bit down on that in time. Even so, her heritage was clear to anyone looking in her direction. Even so, Martin's abject apology disarmed her immediately. She'd felt the magic, but it was gone before she could glean anything from it.

She accepted the bottle from Bess, but spirited it away as opposed to drinking from it. Entirely living creatures had given her such 'medicine' before, but it not being formulated for her kind, was likely to do her more harm than good.

"These things happen. It's clear it wasn't intentional.", she purrs, trying hard to say something that stands in counterpoint to her suggestion of fangs.

Ah, well.. here goes..

Those sitting at the table doubtless notice that she seems to blink very quickly for a second before this returns to normal and that she moves with deliberate care. It was something they'd seen before. Something she was at pains to hide.. that she healed by accelerating her natural healing through the time sphere. She glances over at Killian as he moves to help, seeing as he does so, the wound close, turn to a scab, the scab dry and disintegrate.

When grinding boulder voice spoke, she was still in the midst of collecting herself. She eyes him, taking in his tone, his body language, attempting to divine his motives in this primitive fashion.

I could read his mind, but that comes with risk. Let's see where Killian's questioning gets us, she thought to herself.

Mechanics

Perception +14/+15 to avoid surprise + Can see in darkness (even magical) to the limit of daylight vision.

Sense Motive +12 Can read surface thoughts with Mind: Read Mind.

Stealth +13

Down 2pts for healing.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lance Warren

spacer.pngWincing at the contact of the flame with Lucrezia, Lance looks sad as Martin leaves hurriedly. Softly, he mutters outloud to no one in particular "That has to feel awful, knowing your mere presence could harm the people you're attempting to help without warning or intent."

Turning to the injured companion, he peers at the affected area. "Not too bad for people like us, at least." Smirking slightly at the word 'us', Lance shrugs slightly, seemingly accepting that this was a minor incident of no real consequence. Scratching Bolt's head, he uses the finger to point at the small charring on Lucrezia's clothing, drawing Bolt's attention to it. Gekkering in tiny dismay, the perpetual cleaning of the table shifts, cleaning up the charred fibers and scorch marks, leaving the clothing still in need of actual repair, but clean and with little to no evidence of fire damage.

Having been slightly distracted by the commotion and mess, Bolt finally takes note of the kitten and gekkers happily, floating over to it and swishing her tail playfully, doing wiggly loops in the air as she instigates the age-old friendly traditional animal greeting of 'Friend?! Play?!' - knowing that Bolt is more than capable of not only defending herself but also of safe play, Lance doesn't seem concerned in the slightest.

Sipping his drink and taking the time to discover if all the rumors of its deliciousness were true, Lance tries the famous drink. Glancing back at Lucrezia, he adds, "By the way, that Salve she gave you is good for only half a day or so. If you get the opportunity to give it to someone in actual need, do so as quickly as possible. They probably make it in batches every day, in light of Martin's 'condition', I suspect."


OOC & Notes

N/A

Mechanics & Statblocks

 

Lance Actions

Bolt Actions
  • Free Action(s): N/A
  • Move Action: N/A
  • Standard Action: N/A
  • Full-Round Action: N/A
  • Readied Action: N/A
  • Conditional Immediate Action: N/A

Misc: N/A

  • Free Action(s): N/A
  • Move Action: N/A
  • Standard Action: N/A
  • Full-Round Action: N/A
  • Readied Action: N/A
  • Conditional Immediate Action: N/A

Misc: Clean all the things.


Passive Skills
Perception Stealth Sense Motive

+12/+21 (Lance) | +10 (Bolt)


Auto-Detect Traps 10' (Lance) / Low-Light Vision (Lance)


Keen Senses (Lance) / Darkvision 60' (Lance & Bolt)

+20 (Lance) | +24 (Bolt)


Freeze (Bolt)


--

+10 (Lance) | +10 (Bolt)


--


--


Statblocks

Lance Warren
spacer.pngMale C/N Human Witch 1|Incanter 4 // Alchemist 1|Conscript 4, Level 5, Init +4, HP 63/63, SP 20/20, Speed 30' Land
AC 25, Touch 15, Flat-footed 20, CMD 18, Fort 6, Ref 9, Will 6, CMB Variable, Base Attack Bonus +4
Telekinetic Greatsword Bludgeon +10 (3d6+1, 19-20/x2, 25' Range)
Unarmored Training, Improved Force Shield (+4 Armor, +4 Shield, +4 Dex, +2 Natural)
Ongoing Effects Orbit (Buttered Bread Slices), Vagabond Nick (Stance)
Other Defenses Spell Resistance 16, Fast Healing 2, DR 2/Silver
Notable Modifiers  Detect/Disarm Traps (+21), Steal/Disarm (+20), Open Locks (+17)
Senses Auto Trap Checks (10'), Darkvision (60'), Keen Senses (20'), Low-Light Vision, Tremorsense (30')


Bolt
spacer.pngFemale C/N Ferret Familiar Level 5, Init +3, HP 29/29, SP 7/7, Speed 40' Land, 20' Hover
AC 24, Touch 18, Flat-footed 20, CMD +2, Fort 6, Ref 8, Will 6, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus +4
Ordan's Clockwork Mantle +13 (2d6+1, 19-20/x2, 120' Range)
Tail Slap +12 (1d2, 20/x2)
Unarmored Training (+4 Armor, +4 Size, +4 Dex, +2 Natural)
Ongoing Effects Shaped Veil (1)
Senses Darkvision (60')

 

Edited by BBK (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...