OOC Discussion

Blaeringr

Flick: "those people need help" - a vote for the missing expedition?

Chalia: the missing expedition

Khaine: to the ruins

Maybell: to the ruins

Kek: both the above choices

For the shopping, would everybody agree to a bag of holding for the group? The type 1 version costs 75 gp, that's 15 per person.

I have an issue with my sheet at the moment, so I can't check what I want (or need).

You also have someone who can craft potions, and someone who can craft scrolls. If you don't want to delay, you can craft on the road (this extends to options within reason, like crafting weapons or armor wouldn't work like this) as long as the crafter is able to sit immobile with their setup and tools around them. So if you got a wagon, with enough space for Kek and Maybell to sit in and spread their ingredients and tools around them, I would allow crafting potions and scrolls while traveling.

Okay, I've gone through the list and I think I have my purchases listed for GM approval.

-my part of a bag of holding (15 gp), only if everybody participates

-composite shortbow with 40 arrows (14 gp, 2 sp)

-tent (8 sp)

-full plate armour (30 gp)

-compass (1 gp)

-riding horse (8 gp)

-selling my breastplate armour (according to the rules it's half price to sell something, so 4 gp)

in total that's 65 gp of stuff, leaving me with 4 gp.

If it helps to sway anyone's vote, the ruins and the missing expedition both involve certain scholarly interests. The main difference really boils down to helping and protecting a yet to begin expedition vs finding an expedition that is already out there at their own site.

Posted (edited)

Also, how many books do you have left to sell?

*Edit* you sold the three books of goblin art already.

So that leaves:

• (5) books on other planes
  • (1) a large book on The Mud - a wet region of the plane of earth
  • (1) history of the goblinoid home world
  • (3) catalogues of flora and fauna found deep underground (as the Deep Blood were apparently very rarely found on the surface)
  • (2) a couple books on building into and around stalagmites and stalactites
  • (3) several religious texts about Swarm, Heshbelu, and The Carrion Court
  • (1) some maps of the major goblinoid clans and holds on their old world
  • (1) one book of poems written in praise of the beauty of a bugbear woman who was famously ill all the time with flu and colds and many parasites
  • (3) books on cultivating giant mushrooms
  • (2) two books on carpentry with hard mycelium
  • (1) a book on stone carving

Total: 23 books.

Just a quick tally, using some different values for each books, I just pulled the number 42.5 out of my hat. So the party gets that much, or 8 gp and 5 sp to each of you.

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)

I guess we can put bag of holding on our horse with the bags.

Picking up 5 horses would speed things up. Makes sneaking up on enemies a bit harder and we have to hide the animals whenever we go dungeon crawling!

I vote to get them, if we can. The 8gold from the books covers the price of a riding horse.

Not sure if we need to buy saddle, etc as well?

Edited by omegoku (see edit history)

I'm sure there's ponies, even though it's not really mentioned in the books as far as I can see. Well, we can just assume there is. Might also be something for Maybell.

And indeed, we still have the gold from the books. Yeah, I'm richer than I thought.