I’m going to suggest being even lazier than that: just have something big happen at the prison. Jailbreak, power outage, cyber-warfare, alien invasion…

if you like, you can lead off the next post with ‘a month later…’, or whatever feels best. In any case, I’m flexible.

I'll admit that I've been rather busy this past couple of weeks, in all my games, and the IC post I had intended to put up of Siren spending her week hasn't materialised. So I was mostly just waiting on the results of her checks.

I'm fine with the current scene, and a prison-break initiation is a fun way to do it. (hell that's how City of Villains starts out) But I am looking forward to us being "unleashed" on the world again, creating our plans to acquiring money, a HQ and having our fights with the super heroes/authorities, as that's usually a bit more exciting hah. 

I'm totally fine with what we are doing right now (Yes I know I'm in solitary confinment)
However, ya. You can just have something happen to the jail.

It woulid even be fine to have some one else get broken out by an outside group. Break the prisons system, give us our powers back and we bust out.

I see players writing "make something happen". I've been doing that and it just seems going to solitary is your team plan for the most part. There's only so much that can be done in jail that doesn't have bad results. Gathering info from NPCs is the key.

Rather than being active it feels like some players are waiting for me to break the PCs out. Which is why I offered an alternative start since I had no intention of running "Prison: the RPG."

What event are you waiting for?

I'm fine with accelerating our break out by a bit. We're villains, we're the pro-active ones, the good thing is that we're being fed and acquiring the information necessary to break on outta here and go about being Supervillains.

The Accountant seems to be super duper close to putting his finger on the button of what the prison "type" is, while at least Siren is making some fantastic social rolls to help support it. So once we know what type of prison it is and where some key players fit, we can make our plant to break out.

@conaldar

Ya I get the GM frustration of things not moving when people are close or some people are not.
That being said, I'm actually enjoying the game (mostly reading for me so far, but that's my fault for drop kicking someone) But even that was actually in an attempt to learn something about the prison. I get your frustration but a lot of the time, it seams worse then it is as the GM.