Out of Character Discussion

Papa Bear

I'm sorry you feel that way @Shadeus it was not my intention to make you feel dishearten.

I see this culmination of actions as a Rubicon moment for Alura. She cloaks herself in being more noble than her enemy but in truth she is just as bad sneaking around and ambushing enemies. It is really coloring her moral attitude of warfare. This is no longer a simple adventure for her but war. The enemy is too great to not see each encounter as a chess move. The tide needs to turn in their favor. She needs to win now. The enemy must learn to fear their power.

So don't take it too serious as a player. As a character feel free to lean into it as much as you want but as a player just know I am not trying to make this experience hard for you at all.

For me I just see it as a real opportunity for my character to evolve. The consequences of war and all and how it messes with the psyche of a soldier and how it colors the morality of black and white.

20 hours ago, rauhric said:

I'm sorry you feel that way @Shadeus it was not my intention to make you feel dishearten.

I see this culmination of actions as a Rubicon moment for Alura. She cloaks herself in being more noble than her enemy but in truth she is just as bad sneaking around and ambushing enemies. It is really coloring her moral attitude of warfare. This is no longer a simple adventure for her but war. The enemy is too great to not see each encounter as a chess move. The tide needs to turn in their favor. She needs to win now. The enemy must learn to fear their power.

So don't take it too serious as a player. As a character feel free to lean into it as much as you want but as a player just know I am not trying to make this experience hard for you at all.

For me I just see it as a real opportunity for my character to evolve. The consequences of war and all and how it messes with the psyche of a soldier and how it colors the morality of black and white.

Thanks. The added context is helpful.

@Shadeus and @rauhric I also see the in-character conflict as competing concepts of Good. Alura is avoiding unnecessary loss of life, while Aubryn is trying to extend an honorable death to a defeated foe. Both are living up to the moral codes of the White Robes and the Solamnic Oath and Measure.

From my end, I think it makes sense to wait for the party to resolve what to do with Rezmir before I chime in as DM. Let me know if you disagree and you'd like me to move things along.

I'm out of town, but hope to get something up this weekend to move things along. Thanks for chiming in, though. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome @Ayeba and @Maester1216. We'll be introducing your characters shortly. You'll both be prisoners of the Cult of the Dragon, and the party will free you while exploring the dungeon they're currently in.

Right now, I'm on a Tuesday/Thursday update schedule, fyi. In early May, I'll finish a class I'm taking that eats up my Mondays, so we'll hopefully move up to three posts a week.