Spire Dormitory

hoverfrog

Welcome @daltar

To @farothel 's point, I believe the two rooms available are A (artsmythe's choice with a window) or C (see the Spire Dormitory map).

It will be interesting to discover whether the room choices have any in-play significance or are merely fluff (or a mechanism to get the party to work together in sorting them out).

"Can you make this stone dance by itself?"

Not sure I'll do this In Character, but my first thought was using Needle Darts (as I don't have Mage Hand) as a simulacrum to that classic Western trope of firing into the ground at an unfortunate target's feet to make them jump/dance. 😄

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

Thank you! Lets see... I may take A in that case. The window is quite a privilege and while she may like to hide in a dark corner, a window grants her the chance to get out of the dormitory without running into anyone.

Also, please, do let me know if the stutter is annoying to read, I can shift to just mention it in narration.

Edited by daltar (see edit history)

11 hours ago, allefgib said:

Not that you try to hide it... but you're showing your age grasshopper ;)

Young Cain: Old man, how it is that you hear these things?

Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?

That show definitely made an impression. I did drop a few cultural references in that last post, though. 😀

Summary of Symbol Choices:

• Caeliria: Pursed Lips
  • Marica: Flickering Candle
  • Olis: Running Hourglass
  • Kraawkaw: Declines a Choice (or Multipronged Key*)
  • Annah: Pursed Lips

*Although "no choice" was a permitted choice, if GM would prefer that an active choice be made, Kraawkaw would take the Multipronged Key.

Just OOC curiosity, I wonder whether these choices have any influence/impact on eventual Branch selection? Probably not, but thought it might be fascinating to compare these choices and our eventual Branch preferences.

On 2/9/2024 at 5:26 PM, Vedast said:

Summary of Symbol Choices:

• Caeliria: Pursed Lips
  • Marica: Flickering Candle
  • Olis: Running Hourglass
  • Kraawkaw: Declines a Choice (or Multipronged Key*)
  • Annah: Pursed Lips

*Although "no choice" was a permitted choice, if GM would prefer that an active choice be made, Kraawkaw would take the Multipronged Key.

Just OOC curiosity, I wonder whether these choices have any influence/impact on eventual Branch selection? Probably not, but thought it might be fascinating to compare these choices and our eventual Branch preferences.

They're a minor boost to your power while you are first level, some nice flavour and a small benefit. You lose the benefit when you hit second level and gain your dedication feat. The Branch selection is your choice.