Spire Dormitory

hoverfrog

For Malrica she'll do some tinkering with her alchemical supplies, have some breakfast, and without any spells to prepare shall head into her classes.

I noticed that both Olis and Annah have the Detect Magic cantrip listed. That being the case, perhaps I should have Kraawkaw take Read Aura?

Narrowing down a magic item's location would be faster with x3 (that is, three persons casting) Detect Magics unless this gets subsumed in the Exploration Activity of the same name: I suppose, however, that there would be times when knowing on the spot (well, within 1 minute) whether a specific item is magical and its school of magic (or a +2 to Identify Magic if using Player Core) could be useful.

Since we're discussing our Daily Preparations above, I thought to pose this to the group and/or the GM for any thoughts or suggestions.

=========

PS @hoverfrog  I missed noticing that the Everair Mask is PFS 'restricted' -- there was no 'rarity' tag provided, but I only just noticed the PFS restricted icon. If you wish to disallow this item, I can either keep the coin or find some alternative.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

Olis has the cantrip, but during exporation she will almost never use that as exploration activity. After we're done fighting to see what items are magical, yes, but not during exploration (keep shield up is a more logical one, or perception).

15 hours ago, Vedast said:

I missed noticing that the Everair Mask is PFS 'restricted' -- there was no 'rarity' tag provided, but I only just noticed the PFS restricted icon. If you wish to disallow this item, I can either keep the coin or find some alternative.

I can't see any reason why an item that gives a +1 item bonus to Fortitude saving throws against inhaled poisons, which is pretty much useless most of the time, and gives the wearer breathable air for an hour would be restricted. I suppose you could argue that it recycles air in the area for an hour rather than simply providing it for the wearer but, so what?

I'm fine with it.

Re: Everair Mask. Thanks. Yes, I realize that the item is situational, but thought that jungles and swamps might present a degree of miasmas and such (and it is pollen season in my neck of the world, so maybe a bit of IRL projection here!). And I suppose I thought it somewhat fitting for an avian species to be 'sensitive' to such things. If we never encounter an airborne poison or disease, I shan't complain, however.

Re: Detect Magic. Good point, Farothel.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

A lot will depend on the initiative roll for these creatures or constructs and where they are relative to Kraawkaw and the entrance/exit.

If this is a prank or test, the question might be which message is better sent: 'find an alternative to destruction/attack' or 'don't play games with me.' Oddly enough, with Nethys as a deity, both are viable.

13 hours ago, farothel said:

just to make sure: what we buy now goes off the 40gp we got, correct? So with my fullplate I have 10 left?

Yes, plus whatever you might have had left over, of course.

I added an initiative check for the laundry. Words I never thought I'd ever write.

Initiative

Kraawkaw - 20
Marica - 18
Odd laundry - 7

Marica has heard the squawk.

Annah and Olis to roll.

I hadn't thought about it but I suppose your perception check is your initiative so there's really no need for two rolls. I'm still getting used to Perception as initiative, I suppose.

I've rolled a nat 20 on my perception, so I assumed that I heard something and could act (just to speed things up as PbP is already inherently slow).

And you can have initiative with another skill if the situation warrants it (like stealth if you're sneaking around)

Edited by farothel (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, daltar said:

Annah definitely heard something too.

and if you didn't hear the original noise, you would hear a paladin in chainmail running through the halls.