Spire Dormitory

hoverfrog

Reading the various room descriptions in the dormitory made me think about Golarion's geography. Based on a map I found, it would seem that the Magaambya is more or less at the equivalent latitude to the Tropic of Cancer, that is, in Golarion's northern hemisphere at around (roughly) 23.5-deg N.

So at the summer solstice, the sun should be more-or-less directly overhead; otherwise, the south facing rooms would have more direct sunlight (as per our Champion of Sarenrae's selection). I didn't find a specification of the date we are beginning IC (perhaps doesn't really matter).

I found this (the geography) a bit surprising ... I had presupposed that the Mwangi Expanse was a bit closer to equatorial latitudes rather than formally only on the edge of 'the tropics.'

/trivia discourse

Rooms so far:

Olis. D or F (needing a view to the east - south facing being better for this - for morning devotions)

Kraawkaw. B (proximity to the image of Nethys on the wall; not bothered by the lack of a window).

Marica. E (not bothered by the lack of a window)

Caeliria. F? (F is largest of F, D, A, C)

N'dembe. A or C? (A having a window)

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, farothel said:

Olis. D

Kraawkaw. B

Marica. E

Caeliria. F

N'dembe. A

C is still available.

I wonder whether poor Room C is ever chosen by a Party of five or fewer PCs?

The room sizes are still quite amazing. I'm sitting in our living room which is a open floor plan with the dining room and kitchen: the whole space is, roughly, 20' by 30' or 4 x 6 map squares (really 22' by 31'). Room B is 7 x 8 squares! And even the smaller A is 5 x 8 squares.

@hoverfrog  question about the floorplan. Are there stairs indicted there at three locations: there appear to be some indications there of a 90-deg turn stairs at the E&W ends of the main E-W hall and another, straight, stair at the southern end of the main N-S hall. Wondering whether this suggests a second floor and more occupants (students) or possibly classrooms or ... ?

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)