DARWYN PRIESTLY -- Outlaw Human Operative

artsmythe

Well, let's give this a whirl.

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Name
Array #1
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),8) 1,1,1,4,2,3,4,6,4,4,5,5,2,2,2,4,2,3,4,5,3,3,4,6,3,5,6,6,1,3,3,6
Array #
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),8) 1,4,4,6,3,4,4,4,1,2,6,6,1,1,1,6,1,2,5,5,1,1,4,5,3,3,5,5,1,4,5,6
Array #
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),8) 1,3,4,6,1,6,6,6,3,4,5,5,1,2,3,6,1,2,4,6,3,3,6,6,5,6,6,6,2,2,5,6
Array #
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),8) 1,1,2,4,2,3,5,6,3,3,4,5,1,1,1,3,2,2,2,6,1,2,4,4,1,2,3,4,2,4,6,6
Array #
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),8) 1,2,2,6,1,1,4,5,1,4,5,6,2,2,2,4,1,4,6,6,2,4,5,6,2,3,5,5,2,2,3,5
Array #
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),8) 2,4,5,6,2,2,3,3,1,2,3,6,2,4,5,5,3,4,4,6,2,3,3,5,1,2,3,3,1,2,5,5

DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpgDARWYN PRIESTLY

a.k.a., Erik Atreydes, Jaycen Cypher, Morgan Hunt, Ragnar Odynson, etc.

M-W Character Sheet

ABILITIES

·         DEX/17 +1

·         WIS/14

·         CON/13 +2

·         CHA/18

·         INT/18

·         STR/13

SKILLS (Bold = Trained; * = Class Skill)

·         Acrobatics/8*

·         Athletics/5*

·         Bluff/8*

·         Computers/11*

·         Culture/8*

·         Diplomacy/8*

·         Disguise/8*

·         Engineering/11*

·         Intimidate/8*

·         Perception/6*

·         Piloting/8*

·         Profession (Electrician)/8*

·         Sense Motive/6*

·         Sleight of Hand/9*

·         Stealth/8*

·         Survival/2

FEATS

·         Skill Focus (Computers)

·         Skill Focus (Engineering)

·         Weapon Focus (Basic Melee Weapons)

·         Weapon Focus (Small Arms)

BACKGROUND

Former Smuggler: You have a checkered past; for a time, you smuggled illegal weapons, drugs, and other contraband in and out of the Pact Worlds. After you attracted the attention of the Stewards, they briefly incarcerated you aboard the Steadfast, their flagship. There, you met Xegas Xervanas, a young Steward who’d grown disenchanted with his career path. In conversations with you, Xegas became enthralled with the idea of the smuggler life; he broke you out of the brig and became a smuggler himself, under the code-name Jinx. You left that job for something with a bit less heat attached, and although you’ve heard Jinx works as a transport pilot now, you haven’t seen him since.

THEME

Outlaw

Whether you are guilty or not, you are a wanted criminal in a city, on a planet, or even throughout the galaxy.

RACE

Human

Ambitious, creative, and endlessly curious, humans have shown more drive to explore their system and the universe beyond than any of their neighbor races—for better and for worse. They’ve helped usher in a new era of system-wide communication and organization and are admired for their passion and tenacity, but their tendency to shoot first and think about the consequences later can make them a liability for those races otherwise inclined to work with them.

CLASS

Operative

You’re a shadow. You move swiftly, strike suddenly, and always have an escape plan. You’re a consummate professional, and you always get the job done, whether it’s scouting enemy lines, hunting down criminals, stealing and smuggling items, or assassinating key figures. As an operative, you’re skilled in a wide variety of disciplines and specialties, and use speed, mobility, and your quick wits rather than relying on heavy weapons. You excel at the art of surprise, whether it’s sniping targets from cover or striking while their backs are turned. Your cause may be righteous, but you have no problem fighting dirty — achieving your objective is all that matters.

CREW ROLE

Captain, Engineer, Pilot, Science Officer, Gunner

COMBAT

Basic Attack Bonus:    +0

• Melee Attack:    +2
  • Ranged Attack:    +5
  • Thrown Attack:    +2

Saving Throws:    

• Fortitude Save:    +2
  • Reflex Save:    +6
  • Will Save:    +4

Armor Class:    

• EAC:    15
  • KAC:    16
  • AC vs. Combat Maneuvers:    24

DR (Damage Reduction):    N/A
SR (Damage Reduction):  N/A

Resistances:    N/A
Initiative:    +5
Health and Resolve:    

• Stamina Points:    8
  • Hit Points:    10
  • Resolve Points:    5
QUICK STATS
  • Eye Color:    Sky Blue
  • Hair Color:    Dark Brown
  • Skin Color:    Tanned
  • Height:    6’2”
  • Weight:    187 lbs.
  • Current Age:    33 years old
  • Alignment: NG
  • Deity: Abadar
APPEARANCE

Darwyn is a handsome enough rogue -- tall, charismatic and athletic. He has had to in order to thrive and not just survive in the harsh underworld that became his life and career. He is 33 years old. He stands 6’2”, weighs 187 lbs., and has the build of a professional athlete. He currently sports short, dark brown hair and a close-cropped beard. His eyes are sky blue. They are expressive and alert. Somehow, they always seem to be looking for something better. Despite being shipboard most of the time, he manages to get a decent tan from the sunlamps on board a starship or space station.

LANGUAGES

Common, Castrovelian, Kasatha, Vesk, Ysoki

PERSONALITY
  • I always have a backup plan for when things go south.
  • I tend to notice valuable locations of every new place.
  • I prefer to make a new friend than a new enemy... but I will if I have to.
  • Chains must be broken as well as those who force them upon others.
  • A mistake of mine cost the life of someone I loved.
  • An innocent person is in prison for something I did, and it doesn’t bother me.
  • I will work with anybody but Lashuntas.
  • I am inherently larcenous with a streak of decency.
  • I’m alive; he’s dead. I can’t think of a fairer resolution than that.
  • When I took a psych profile back in school... well, "moral flexibility" would be the only way to describe it.
BACKSTORY

Darwyn was born aboard Absalom Station on the 31st day of Lamashan in 284 AG to blue-collar workers Ralf and Krystal Priestly. While they were good parents to their only child, they always struggled to provide for him and each other. After his father’s premature death from radiation sickness caught while working as a non-union dockworker on one of the Station’s Arms, Krystal tried working several jobs to keep her and Darwyn afloat, but this often led to the boy being left to his own devices. Although he scored highly in IQ tests, he started skipping school, trying to find ways to help his mother and himself financially – some legal and some wholly illegal.

He eventually found some steady work with the small-time Ysoki smuggler known as “Snark”. Snark was a good teacher and a good partner, although he was a bit of a wise-ass. Despite his shortcomings, under his expert tutelage Darwyn learned the smuggling trade as well as many other useful skills. In fact, the apprentice smuggler did so well that he was able to earn enough to get a better, safer residence for his mom in Downlow, a Spike district.

Now Snark had a business rival of sorts – Varikuara the Vindictive, a Damaya Lashuntan crime boss. Now Varikuara was already a well-established smuggler when Darwyn first met her. Why she and Snark had issues with one another, the boy could never really understand. Nevertheless, at some point the Lashunta had her “competition” permanently eliminated, thus leaving the young man rather defenseless against her forces, so he tried to run for it. As he was trained to do, he had a safe house of sorts – the Venture Albatross, Snark’s secondhand, well-used Idaran Voidrunner. Leaving behind a cryptic note for his mom, he made his way into the Void, trying to find trustworthy allies, resources, and capital to help him get revenge on Varikuara.

Along the way Priestly had attracted the attention of the Stewards, who briefly incarcerated him aboard the Steadfast, their flagship. There, Darwyn met Xegas Xervanas, a young Steward who’d grown disenchanted with his career path. In conversations with Darwyn, Xegas became enthralled with the idea of the smuggler’s life; he broke Priestly out of the brig and became a smuggler himself, under the codename “Jinx”. Although Darwyn heard Jinx works as a transport pilot now, he hasn’t seen him since.

Eventually Darwyn encountered a human female fixer, Dame Agata, who turned out to be his great-aunt on his father’s side. With her help she was able to engineer a scheme implicating Varikuara in an industrial espionage scandal involving the chief assistant to the Kasathan representative of the Pact Council. (Actually it was Darwyn who was the assistant's handler.)

With his hated enemy imprisoned for life, Darwyn finally returned home to see his mother only to discover that the poor woman had died after having been thrown out from her home. Krystal had to live as a squatter in Pipetown, a dangerous section of Downside. Through his underworld sources Darwyn discovered that it was Varikuara’s son, Soryn, who had Krystal evicted, then murdered by local gang members that the Lashunta controlled. All this while Darwyn was out planning his revenge in space.

And now Darwyn was Soryn’s next target!

It was Soryn’s idea to have a bomb planted on the Venture Albatross while it was still docked in Absalom Station. Once the tiny starship engaged its Drift engines as it left the safety of the mighty station, the Idaran Voidrunner exploded into a ball of fire, plastic and metal. Upon investigation the remains of a body were discovered on board, but Darwyn had set it up so that it was the body of his dead clone, which had been secretly planted on-board, that was found. Meanwhile he had piloted the ship remotely back from Absalom Station. After the explosion he donned a disguise and forged a new identity. Through Aunt "Aggie" he got a job as a low-profile electrician under the guise of “Morgan Hunt” with E-J Corp on board the Free Trader Oliphaunt.

ARMOR, WEAPONS & GEAR
  • Second Skin (250)
  • Laser Pistol, Azimuth (350)
  • Survival Knife (95)
  • Baton, Tactical (90)
  • Industrial Backpack (25),
  • Everyday Clothing x3 (3),
  • Professional Clothing (5),
  • Canteen* (1),
  • Hygiene Kit (3)
  • Personal Comm Unit (7),
  • Fire Extinguisher (15),
  • Professional Toolkit (Electrician) (20),
  • Engineering Toolkit (20),
  • Hacking Toolkit (20),
  • Disguise Toolkit (20),
  • Trapsmith's Toolkit (0 or 20),
  • 1-4 Medpatches (200)
  • R2E x8 (8)
  • Battery (60)

TOTAL = 1212 creds

Before you go further... re-read the stat roll rules... I made the same mistake you did.
You gotta go through each of your 4d6 rolls and drop the lowest result. Then after eight arrays are made, (of 3d6) drop the lowest two arrays.

Pretty well everything looks good. Only two things to clarify.

With regards to Hit Points you don't add your Constitution Modifier to your HP pool, so Darwyn would have 10 HP instead of 11. Stamina Points are correct though.

Unless I'm missing something, the +3 from Skill Focus and +1 from Operative's Edge should bring your bonus in Engineering and Computers +4, rather than +5.

Other than that solid app. Game like this benefits from a Han Solo-esque figure.

Whoops! Sorry about that. Thank you for pointing those out to me. Have rectified HP total as well as Engineering and Computer Skills.

As for "Han Solo" influence, yes, he was one of my inspirations for Darwyn. "Mal Reynolds" is another. Hope that there's a berth on the Free Trader Oliphaunt for him.

• 3 weeks later...