Action Planning Mission 1 - Haven

TheWhitefire

This is the Action Planning thread for mission one!

You have the weekend to decide on Downtime actions, and whether you will pursue them alone or with someone else.

Note: Two people can be part of the same general action, but pursuing different goals (someone might Get a Damn Drink, but be joined by somone else who is Gathering Information, for instance.)

After you've decided what you want to do, how you want to do it, and if you're doing it solo or with someone else, make a post with the details and @ me in it.

At that point, I will make a thread for you and your partners in crime comrades in arms to go through the narrative play.

Good luck!

Alright!

In narrative terms, Amani will attempt to contact his house and try to get a cargo or military transport ship sent over for the group to use as a mobile base for their mission.

In mechanical terms, I would like to use the 'Scrounge and Barter' downtime action on page 55 to attempt to get a ' Safe Harbor' Resource on page 51.

I'm open to anyone joining in on this as Amani will be directly contacting representives of House Kauri, which opens the door for other players to possibly get something from them maybe?

I think Jason would try to gather any form of information on the possible threats we may be facing here, specifically looking up records of prior attacks, statements by survivors of attacks on Haven, any information on what kinds of slaver activity have been picked up, etc. Overall goal being to to put together something like a "profile" of the hostile groups operating in the area, any known members/mechs, their normal tactics for attacking a colony, etc.

Mechanically I think this would be the 'Gather Information' downtime action with a lot of possible resources that could be aimed for depending on what kind of information is available.

Open to joining anyone else on researching, probably just making use of resources available here or on the general Omninet, etc.

Salarra will try to see if any of her old Union Navy contacts have any info on these slavers operating out of Haven's moon. She'd definitely be fine with joining up with Jason to pool info if he's up for it!

That should be using 'Get Connected' for the Tactical Advantage 'Scouting', right?

Edited by Saber Tora (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Saber Tora said:

Salarra will try to see if any of her old Union Navy contacts have any info on these slavers operating out of Haven's moon. She'd definitely be fine with joining up with Jason to pool info if he's up for it!

That should be using 'Get Connected' for the Tactical Advantage 'Scouting', right?

That would fit what you're going for, yup.

@Chimi and @Inash just waiting on you!

Alright, Grey is going to Get a Damn Drink using her Word on the Street Network. Basically she's going to spend the action either zonked out in a lounger, getting the deets on the local hacker scene, or making a good contact or friend. Of course, to make a really good connection, she might need to unplug and find herself in some back room hacker dive for some fun...

Alright, sorry for the wait, posts are up! Tell me what you do, then in a spoiler post tell me what skill you want to roll and why it pertains to what you're doing. Some of these are obviously going to be more conversational with back-and-forth, but I'm excited to see what y'all do.