Chapter 5: The townmaster's plight

TricksterArcane

"Hey! Hey! Get away from there! How are we supposed to fix the damn foundation with you in the way."

Guild Master Halia grabs Lotham by the collar and drags him away. He doesn't get a good look at things as a result.

The next hour is spent furiously toiling away. Kat finds herself constantly recasting her spell as the ice starts to crack away. Georg, Mercedes and the draft horse Felvora push and pull with all their strength as masons quickly rebuild the foundation around them. Finally, the work finishes.

Guild Master Halia walks around and assess the repairs. "It ain't pretty, but it'll do."

There is a collective sigh of relief followed by cheers from all around. The Guild Master approaches you and says, "So you're the group the Townmaster hired to fix things. I suppose you've got questions..."

Guild Master Halia tells you that a few nights ago, a group of strange and ugly looking goblins attacked the Miner's Exchange. She was the only one at the trading post at the time, as the rest of the guild members were drinking at the Sleeping Giant. She put up a fight, even injured some of them, but then one of the goblins flung her around with some kind of invisible, magical force. The last thing she saw before loosing consciousness was the cornerstone being ripped right out by the same invisible force.

"I don't know what goblins would want a block of stone for. Sure it might have been fancier than others but still..."

When you inquire about what she means by fancier, she tells you that there was a large chunk of a dark, shiny rock embedded into the cornerstone.

OOC

Well, now that you've handled the emergency. How would you all like to proceed next?

image.png.88fbe1c1d03d92cb9df5e428d12e4687.pngFather Georg (Swashbuckler)
Passive Insight: 13 | Passive Investigation: 11 | Passive Perception: 10

HP: 51/51
AC: 16 (Half Plate) / 19 (w/+1 Shield)
Speed: 30'
Conditions: None
Equipped: Nothing

Ability ScoresSTR +4
DEX +1
CON +1
INT +1
WIS +0
CHA +1
 | Attacks+1 Rapier, +8, 1d8+7

Sneak Attack 4d6
| LanguagesCommon, Elvish, Goblin, Orc, Thieves’ Cant | Saving ThrowsSTR +4
DEX +4
CON +1
INT +4
WIS +0
CHA +2
 | Skill ChecksAcrobatics +1
Animal Handling +0
Arcana +1
Athletics +10
Deception +8
History +1
Insight +3
Intimidation +8
Investigation +1
Medicine +0
Nature +1
Perception +0
Performance +5
Persuasion +8
Religion +4
Sleight of Hand +1
Stealth +1
Survival +0
 | Special FeaturesThieves’ CantPHB, pg. 96
You have learned thieves’ cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.

Cunning ActionPHB, pg. 96
You can take a bonus action on each of your turns to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Cunning Action: 1 Bonus Action
Steady AimTCoE, pg. 62
As a bonus action, you give yourself advantage on your next attack roll on the current turn. You can use this bonus action only if you haven’t moved during this turn, and after you use the bonus action, your speed is 0 until the end of the current turn.

Steady Aim: 1 Bonus Action
Roguish ArchetypePHB, pg. 96
Swashbuckler
Fancy FootworkSCAG, pg. 47
During your turn, if you make a melee attack against a creature, that creature can’t make opportunity attacks against you for the rest of your turn.

Rakish AudacitySCAG, pg. 47
You add your CHA modifier (+2) to your initiative rolls. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll to use your Sneak Attack against a creature if you are within 5 ft. of it, no other creatures are within 5 ft. of you, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Ability Score ImprovementPHB, pg. 96
Feat
Alert
Uncanny DodgePHB, pg. 96
When an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack’s damage against you.

Uncanny Dodge: 1 Reaction
EvasionPHB, pg. 96
When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a DEX saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.

RACIAL TRAITS
LanguagesBR, pg. 31
You can speak, read, and write Common and one extra language.

Goblin
Ability Score IncreaseBR, pg. 31
Two different ability scores of your choice increase by 1.

Strength Score
Charisma Score
SkillsBR, pg. 31
You gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.

Athletics
FeatBR, pg. 31
You gain one feat of your choice.

Moderately Armored
FEATS
MANAGE FEATS
Fighting InitiateTCoE, pg. 80
You learn one Fighting Style option of your choice from the fighter class.

Dueling
When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.

AlertPHB, pg. 165
You gain a +5 bonus to initiative, you can't be surprised while you are conscious, and other creatures don’t gain advantage on attack rolls against you as a result of being unseen by you.

Moderately ArmoredPHB, pg. 168
Increase your Strength or DEX score by 1. You gain proficiency with medium armor and shields.

Strength Score

Georg takes a quick moment to rest before giving a knowing nod to Kat, the one who typically comes to the rescue in any given situation, before checking on Lotham and greeting the others heartily.

"Well met, friends. Name's Georg. Many thanks for your efforts just now."

---

It's a curious situation that Phandalin finds itself in. It's been quite some time now since they'd been in search of missing miners and dastardly villains, but even more strange to hear about goblins with supernatural powers. Yes, he'd heard of some feral clans being supported by shaman-type individuals. Not witch doctors, mind you... there were better words for it, but seldom speakers who reached rural settlements such as this.

Nonetheless, he looked forward to conversing with the others regarding their next steps. The quality of the rock, or the "stone" within the stone, was something that clearly appealed to the goblins, else they wouldn't have pursued it. This was a mining settlement, after all, so arguably there were a number of locals who would've recognized the value (or potential value) of anything they'd hewn from the hills and neighboring mountains.

"Anyone else find it strange that this block of stone such as this would be allowed to be put to use as a cornerstone in a mining settlement?"

This, of course, was what he said aloud. Privately, he'd have a word with Kat and Lotham about the potential treachery the guild master may have posed. There were rumors aplenty to be had here, as with any other town (or village, more appropriately). Was it possible that they were being approached now due to a hidden missive, a potential conflict of interest for which Georg and the others would merely be the tools by which it was enacted?

Edited by QuirkyJoe
First two rolls contained incorrect syntax :( ; used the Dice Wizard instead (see edit history)

spacer.png

Katrina Fairlight
spacer.png
LN, Female Human| AC:20* | HP:58/58| Speed:30ft | Perception:13 | Insight:10
* Reaction: shield +5 ac | Favored by the Gods: 1 | Speaking thinking
Profile | Character Sheet (DDB)

"Your thinking that their rock had more to it than being a pretty shade of dark stone, and perhaps had magical or symbolic meaning to the gobbos?" she too had thought that. It was too targeted an attack for the gobbos, and wielding what appeared to be telekinetic powers seemed very unusual for them as well.

She turned to the others "Here, thank you for helping out, I'm Katrina Fairlight, most people just call me Kat. I've not traveled with a Druid for some time, I'm glad you were both here, one sec" she leans over to one of the other people what was helping and put a few gold coins into her hand and set her off you heard the words "pitchers of ale" and think she just set the runner off to get some ale for the people that helped.

She sits down on a crate and "Seems weird right, Gobbos with Telekinesis, and targetting that rock. Guild Master Halia do you know anything of its providence? Where'd the rock come from, anyone bestowed it to the town?"

When the pitchers of ale arrive Kat uses the last of her water magic to cool the ale to a crisp taste, before handing it out to the other workers, she pours it out for them, and then lastly for Guild Master Halia, and then the rest of you, leaving her with just the last dribbles. You feel that she makes sure the lowest worker gets served first.

Mercedes

Mercedes TokenMercedes Logo

Tiefling Folk Hero Wild Magic Barbarian 5
My words | My thoughts | My Actions

AC 13 HP 50/50 Speed 40 ft., PP 13, darkvision 60 ft.
Resistance fire Rage 3/3 Magic Awareness 3/3
Cantrips hellish rebuke | darkness

Lacking the proper tools, the only thing at Mercedes' disposal is her muscles, which she offers in ample service to keeping the building up. Grunting, she admires Georg's strong arming of the situation, and of course the drow that a horse became just being impressive in general. A lot of impressive people going around; Mercedes feels almost incompetent compared to people who can make ice blocks and powerful observations, albeit in her way while doing so.

When the temporary replacement is imbedded, she lets go and massages her muscles, popping her particularly muscular neck while her thick tail moves around quite pleased. "Good work, folks: and wow, imagine getting to help you lot. Name's Mercedes, Mercedes Kilgrace of Waterdeep. Thanks for the ale, Kat!" She takes a hard swig, then rubs her frothy mustache away. "And you two, real impressive work on those ropes!" But then comes the matter of business, the matter of who's taking things. She isn't entirely filled in on the whole situation, just full of rumors, but this does seem odd. "Reckon the goblins did it as a prank? Or does this seem more organized? Don't know much about telekemumbo but I know goblins don't get up to business consistently like this 'less they're getting something from it. You lot're famous: you got any ideas?" Beyond that, the tiefling is happy to listen, not having much in the way of clever ideas herself: that's not her field.

Out of Character

Situational:
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Ongoing Effects/Conditions:

spacer.png

Felvora Haspirex Sheet | Log
Drow Druid 5
HP: 38/38 | HD: 5/5 (d8) | AC: 15/18 | Init: +2 | PP: 17 (12 for vision in bright light) | Speed: 30 ft | PB: +3 Natural Recovery: 1/1 Wild Shape: 1/2
Conditions: None | Inspiration: 0 | Spell Slots: L1 4/4 L2 3/3 L3 2/2 |

Ability Scores, Skills and Saves

Ability Scores:
Str 8 (-1) Dex 14 (+2) Con 14 (+2) Int 12 (+1) Wis 18 (+4) Cha 12 (+1)

Skills: Animal Handling +7 Insight +7 Nature +4 Perception* +7 Survival +7
* disadvantage to vision-based Perception checks when in bright light

Saves*: Str 0 Dex +3 Con +3 Int +5 Wis +8 Cha +2
* all include bonus from Ring of Protection
Advantage on saves against Charm (Fey Ancestry)

Attacks and Spells

Attacks:
Frostbite - range 60', Con Save vs DC 15 or 2d6 cold and Disadvantage on next weapon attack
Thorn Whip 30' reach melee spell attack, +7 to hit, 2d6 piercing on hit and target may be pulled 10' toward caster if size L or smaller

Spells Prepared (Druid spells are +7/DC 15):
Cantrips:
Dancing Lights, Druidcraft, Frostbite, Guidance, Thorn Whip
Level 1: Absorb Elements, Faerie Fire^, Goodberry, Healing Word, Speak With Animals, Thunderwave
Level 2: Darkness^, Flaming Sphere, Pass Without Trace, Spider Climb*, Web*
Level 3: Gaseous Form*, Plant Growth, Revivify, Stinking Cloud*, Summon Fey

^ from Drow ancestry - if cast using ancestry slot, casting stat is Cha and save DC is 12
* Land Circle spells

Special Features

Hide this

Well met, Georg, Kat and Mercedes. I am Felvora, a druid of the Emerald Enclave.

Never hurts to mention that up front. Most folk have no argument with the Enclave, and if they do, then then they were already my enemies.

The townmaster did ask that we help with the town's recent troubles and I agreed. I came to Phandalin for other reasons. I'm a scholar of the natural world, particularly the life of the Underdark. I've heard that Wave Echo Cavern was recently found and reopened. It's a remarkable site and I was hoping to gain access to study the life I can find there. I do not expect you take my word for it - I have letters of recommendation from the Emerald Enclave and from some well-respected persons in Waterdeep, where I make my home.

She pauses and scans the group, giving them a chance to ask to see these papers.

I hadn't given much credit to the Townmaster's claim that goblins were behind the recent problems, but you saw them yourself, Guildmistress. Could you describe the missing stone? I can try to draw it.

She takes out a book and flips past sketches of fungi and eyeless geckos to a clean page.

image.jpegLotham Pendricky Sheet | Log

Neutral Good, Male Human Wizard 7 (Abjuration)

HP: 44/44 | HD: 7/7 (d6) | AC: 13/16 | Initiative: +2 | PP: 11 | Speed: 30 ft | Prof Bonus: +3 | Arcane Recovery: 1/1

Status: Normal | DM Inspiration: 0 | Spell Slots: L1 4/4 L2 3/3 L3 3/3 L4 1/1 | Defenses | Arcane Ward:  19/19

S

tat Block

Attributes, Saves and Skills

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14  Int 20 Wis 12 Cha 10

Race Features: Languages, Skill Proficiencies

Background Feature: Field of Study (Grad Student - Wizard's Apprentice), Researcher

Class Features: Spellcasting, Arcane Recovery, Cantrip Formulas

Subclass Features (Gloomstalker): Abjuration Savant, Arcane Ward, Projected Ward

Feats: Keen Mind

Attacks 

Dagger +5 attack, 1d4+2 piercing

Languages, Tool Proficiencies

Common, Primordial, Infernal, Celestial

Spells

Wizard: +9, DC 17

Cantrips: Firebolt, Light, Mage Hand, Mind Sliver

Level 1: Absorb Elements*, Alarm (ritual), Comprehend Languages (ritual), Detect Magic (ritual), Find Familiar (ritual), Mage Armor*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep, Tenser's Floating Disk (ritual)

Level 2: Arcane Lock, Hold Person*, Invisibility, Misty Step*, Web*

Level 3: Counterspell*, Dispel Magic*, Fireball*, Fly*

Level 4: Arcane Eye*, Banishment*

Magic Items

Consumable Magic Items: Potion of Healing

Permanent Magic Items: Tome of Clear Thought, Ring of Protection (attuned), +1 Arcane Grimoire (attuned), Staff of Defense (from Kat)

Inactive Magic Items: Boots of Springing and Striding, Wand of Magic Missiles, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Spider Staff, Dragonguard (inactive), Lightbringer

Familiar Stat Block

Knowledge

Weasel

AC: 13 HP: 1 Speed: 30 ft

Str: 3 (-4) Dex: 16 (+3) Con: 8 (-1) Int: 2 (-4) Wis: 12 (+1) Cha: 3 (-4)

Skills: Perception +3, Stealth +5 
Senses: Passive Perception 13  

Keen Hearing and Smell. The weasel has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.

Actions
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) piercing damage.

Lotham nodded to the newcomers. He kind of liked the idea of being famous, which helped him overcome his usual nervousness of dealing with strangers. He bowed to Mercedes and nodded to Felvora, muttering something about the Emerald Enclave, mostly appreciative (apparently he was still quite nervous). He was intrigued by the description of the missing stone, however, so turning back to Guildmaster Halia (and rubbing his shoulder she had just grabbed, which was still sore, by the way), he added to Felvora's comment, "Yes, please tell us more about the stone, especially the shiny dark bits."

OOC

Any rolls for figuring out what the shiny dark bit might be?

Name
Intelligence, Disadvantage
19; 21
1d20+5;1d20+5 [14]; [14,16]

"Oh honey, you must come by more often!"

Guild Master Halia gives Kat an appreciative clap on her arm as she gladly accepts the ale. The rest of the miners and workers also express words or gestures of sincere gratitude.

"I don't really know much about the stone. It's been here since the town was built. I figure the settlers just used whatever materials were lying around to build the town."

The guild master describes the fragment as obsidian like with large flecks of some kind of iridescent mineral. The miners would all rub it for luck before heading out.

"When I came to, I found some of their tracks heading south, into the woods."

OOC

If you don't have proficiency in Mason's tools or Jeweler's tools you can make a straight Intelligence check at Disadvantage.

image.pngFather Georg (Swashbuckler)

Ability ScoresSTR +4
DEX +1
CON +1
INT +1
WIS +0
CHA +1

Sneak Attack 4d6
DEX +4
CON +1
INT +4
WIS +0
CHA +2
Animal Handling +0
Arcana +1
Athletics +10
Deception +8
History +1
Insight +3
Intimidation +8
Investigation +1
Medicine +0
Nature +1
Perception +0
Performance +5
Persuasion +8
Religion +4
Sleight of Hand +1
Stealth +1
Survival +0
You have learned thieves’ cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.

You can take a bonus action on each of your turns to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Steady AimTCoE, pg. 62
As a bonus action, you give yourself advantage on your next attack roll on the current turn. You can use this bonus action only if you haven’t moved during this turn, and after you use the bonus action, your speed is 0 until the end of the current turn.

Swashbuckler
During your turn, if you make a melee attack against a creature, that creature can’t make opportunity attacks against you for the rest of your turn.

You add your CHA modifier (+2) to your initiative rolls. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll to use your Sneak Attack against a creature if you are within 5 ft. of it, no other creatures are within 5 ft. of you, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Feat
Alert
Uncanny DodgePHB, pg. 96
When an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack’s damage against you.

EvasionPHB, pg. 96
When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a DEX saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.

RACIAL TRAITS
LanguagesBR, pg. 31

Goblin

Strength Score
Charisma Score
SkillsBR, pg. 31

Athletics
FeatBR, pg. 31

Moderately Armored
FEATS
MANAGE FEATS

Dueling
When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.

AlertPHB, pg. 165
You gain a +5 bonus to initiative, you can't be surprised while you are conscious, and other creatures don’t gain advantage on attack rolls against you as a result of being unseen by you.

Increase your Strength or DEX score by 1. You gain proficiency with medium armor and shields.

Strength Score

Georg considered the guild master's description of the fragment's physical properties for a moment. It was not a thing he was well acquainted with, but perhaps he'd come across something of the sort in his travels and a second's mulling was all he needed...

Name
Intelligence (at disadvantage) - Roll
SyntaxError: Unexpected token m1d20
2m1d20-1
Check Roll
SyntaxError: Unexpected token 1d20
1d20-1 1d20-1
roll
1; 16
1d20-1;1d20-1 [2]; [2,17]

spacer.png

Drow Druid 5
HP: 38/38 | HD: 5/5 (d8) | AC: 15/18 | Init: +2 | PP: 17 (12 for vision in bright light) | Speed: 30 ft | PB: +3 Natural Recovery: 1/1 Wild Shape: 1/2

Ability Scores:

Attacks and Spells

Attacks:
Frostbite - range 60', Con Save vs DC 15 or 2d6 cold and Disadvantage on next weapon attack
Thorn Whip 30' reach melee spell attack, +7 to hit, 2d6 piercing on hit and target may be pulled 10' toward caster if size L or smaller

Cantrips:
Level 1: Absorb Elements, Faerie Fire^, Goodberry, Healing Word, Speak With Animals, Thunderwave

^ from Drow ancestry - if cast using ancestry slot, casting stat is Cha and save DC is 12
* Land Circle spells

Special Features

Hide this

Felvora thinks on whether she's ever heard of anything like this stone before

If she can use Nature as a skill......she can add another 3. If not, then what you see is what you get, which probably isn't much.

Name
Intelligence roll 2 (Disadv)
1d20+1 9
Intelligence Roll 1 (Disadv)
1d20+1 6

Trying as hard as they can, the group tries to recall any information they might have come across that would help them identify the mysterious fragment the guild master described. Unfortunately, they are not able to come up with any definitive ideas. However, Lotham recalls that Gwyn Oresong had also been studying a mysterious fragment discovered in the Mines. Perhaps she would be able to shed some light on the fragment in the cornerstone.

Show if you seek out Gwyn

spacer.png

You find Gwyn in her room at the Stonehill Inn. Scraps of paper and sheets of parchment are spread all around the room. In the center of the storm, Gwyn sits on the floor writing in her notebook. When you describe the fragment in the cornerstone to her, she hops to her feet with excitement.

"That sounds just like the Netherese fragment I was studying! Fascinating. I suspected that there might have been more of these around Phandalin. It's a shame it was taken though, it would have been useful for my research."

"What would goblins want with it though..."

Show if you want to try to track the goblins

You head south out of town into the woods hoping to pick up on the goblins' trailPlease make a Survival(WIS) check.

OOC

If you decide to do something else, you can ignore the spoiler boxes for now.

spacer.png

Drow Druid 5

Ability Scores:

Attacks and Spells

Attacks:

Cantrips:

* Land Circle spells

Special Features

Hide this

I'd quite like to speak to this Gwyn...but trails decay quickly, and she'll know just as much in an hour as she does now.

I know a bit of tracking. I can try and pick up the goblin's trail. Would anyone care to join me?

Felvora waits for anyone who wants to join her, then returns to the guild house. She slides into the form of a dark grey timber wolf with a prominent white blaze and begins to sniff around the area, trying to pick up a trail.

Survival Roll 1

Survival Roll 2

Name
Survival Roll 1
SyntaxError: Unexpected token z
1d20+7z
Survival Roll 2
SyntaxError: Unexpected token z
1d20+7z
Survival Roll 1
1d20+7 10
Survival Roll 2
1d20+7 20

Mercedes

Mercedes TokenMercedes Logo

Tiefling Folk Hero Wild Magic Barbarian 5
My words | My thoughts | My Actions

AC 13 HP 50/50 Speed 40 ft., PP 13, darkvision 60 ft.
Resistance fire Rage 3/3 Magic Awareness 3/3
Cantrips hellish rebuke | darkness

Mercedes grins at the drow, never having met one. "Well met yourself; Emerald Enclave, eh? Neat bunch of buggers." In reality she has had little dealings with them, and does not offer up her own allegiance; it's not the Harper way to do so, and there's little to gain right now by revealing to someone who's an avowed outsider. The small amount of history is good on the stones but doesn't offer much in the way of a journey, and Mercedes is itching to do something active, not being much of a diplomancer and not being much of anything beyond a punch-drunk troublemaker and righter of wrongs. When Felvora offers to go hunting, Mercedes is ready to join her. "Don't see why not, I'm a pretty good tracker myself—" she says, before the druid turns into a timber wolf. "Bloody hells, but not that good. Oh well, might as well try."

Out of Character

Situational: Survival to track alongside Felvora
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Ongoing Effects/Conditions:

Name
Survival to Track
1d20+3 11

image.pngFather Georg (Swashbuckler)

Ability ScoresSTR +4
DEX +1
CON +1
INT +1
WIS +0
CHA +1

Sneak Attack 4d6
DEX +4
CON +1
INT +4
WIS +0
CHA +2
Animal Handling +0
Arcana +1
Athletics +10
Deception +8
History +1
Insight +3
Intimidation +8
Investigation +1
Medicine +0
Nature +1
Perception +0
Performance +5
Persuasion +8
Religion +4
Sleight of Hand +1
Stealth +1
Survival +0

Steady AimTCoE, pg. 62

Swashbuckler

Feat
Alert
Uncanny DodgePHB, pg. 96

EvasionPHB, pg. 96

RACIAL TRAITS
LanguagesBR, pg. 31

Goblin

Strength Score
Charisma Score
SkillsBR, pg. 31

Athletics
FeatBR, pg. 31

Moderately Armored
FEATS
MANAGE FEATS

Dueling

AlertPHB, pg. 165

Strength Score

"I'll visit Gwyn. See what she has to say. Meet at the Inn after with our findings?"

Later, when the group reunites (whether near or far)...

"Gwyn mentioned it was a Netherese fragment, like what she's been studying."

"Seems it's all connected -- the stolen cornerstone, the destruction of the Shrine of Luck and Barthen's Well. Don't think it takes a genius to sort that these 'fragments' were all over town and are being targeted."

"I asked Gwyn about what she meant by 'Netherese origin', and she told me... (insert response)"

"Could be worth our while to find out if there's any other stones in Town. Could use it to lay a trap if tracking down the goblins proves difficult."

That which is known

Stones have been taken from all over Phandalin -- Miner's Exchange, Shrine of Luck, Barthen's well.

Gwyn says the cornerstone was a Netherese fragment. She's knowledgeable on the topic.

image.jpegLotham Pendricky Sheet | Log

Neutral Good, Male Human Wizard 7 (Abjuration)

HP: 44/44 | HD: 7/7 (d6) | AC: 13/16 | Initiative: +2 | PP: 11 | Speed: 30 ft | Prof Bonus: +3 | Arcane Recovery: 1/1

Status: Normal | DM Inspiration: 0 | Spell Slots: L1 4/4 L2 3/3 L3 3/3 L4 1/1 | Defenses | Arcane Ward:  19/19

S

tat Block

Attributes, Saves and Skills

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14  Int 20 Wis 12 Cha 10

Race Features: Languages, Skill Proficiencies

Background Feature: Field of Study (Grad Student - Wizard's Apprentice), Researcher

Class Features: Spellcasting, Arcane Recovery, Cantrip Formulas

Subclass Features (Gloomstalker): Abjuration Savant, Arcane Ward, Projected Ward

Feats: Keen Mind

Attacks 

Dagger +5 attack, 1d4+2 piercing

Languages, Tool Proficiencies

Common, Primordial, Infernal, Celestial

Spells

Wizard: +9, DC 17

Cantrips: Firebolt, Light, Mage Hand, Mind Sliver

Level 1: Absorb Elements*, Alarm (ritual), Comprehend Languages (ritual), Detect Magic (ritual), Find Familiar (ritual), Mage Armor*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep, Tenser's Floating Disk (ritual)

Level 2: Arcane Lock, Hold Person*, Invisibility, Misty Step*, Web*

Level 3: Counterspell*, Dispel Magic*, Fireball*, Fly*

Level 4: Arcane Eye*, Banishment*

Magic Items

Consumable Magic Items: Potion of Healing

Permanent Magic Items: Tome of Clear Thought, Ring of Protection (attuned), +1 Arcane Grimoire (attuned), Staff of Defense (from Kat)

Inactive Magic Items: Boots of Springing and Striding, Wand of Magic Missiles, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Spider Staff, Dragonguard (inactive), Lightbringer

Familiar Stat Block

Knowledge

Weasel

AC: 13 HP: 1 Speed: 30 ft

Str: 3 (-4) Dex: 16 (+3) Con: 8 (-1) Int: 2 (-4) Wis: 12 (+1) Cha: 3 (-4)

Skills: Perception +3, Stealth +5 
Senses: Passive Perception 13  

Keen Hearing and Smell. The weasel has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.

Actions
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) piercing damage.

When the newcomers started talking about tracking goblins, Lotham got visibly nervous. When Father Georg mentioned going to see Gwyn, he began nodding vigorously. "Oh, yes, that sounds like an excellent idea. Let's go see Gwyn," he stammered, a look of relief spreading across his face.

Posted (edited)

Felvora transforms into a wolf and begins sniffing around. Sure enough, she picks up the scent of goblins but they smell off. It is not something her wolf instincts are familiar with and she doesn't know what to make of it at the moment.

The trail leads them into the forest. About an hour's walk from Phandalin, Felvora picks up additional scents, canvas, fire, roasted rabbit. If the wolf could verbalize thoughts, it might say that there's probably a clearing ahead and the goblins made camp there.

OOC

@Gregorotto @severalservals @8w_gremlin what do you all want to do?

Edited by TricksterArcane (see edit history)