Idea: table column width as % instead of pixels

Fenryr

40 minutes ago, Ryfte said:

That would be a wonderful small change that had a huge impact. Simply shifting the background color a shade in any direction would make it 100% more readable, lol.

The background of the source box should be black with white text on dark themes and white with black text on light themes.

Where is the gray background coming from?

Nevermind I see it.  Let me see what I can do.

EDIT: Is that any better? On Main Theme.

lalalalalalalallaalalal

Interesting... regardless of theme my popup window is mostly identical...

image.png.bbf716571c383d640ab34ce1f5c2b4d2.png

But it is much more "washed out" without the screengrab copy and paste. 😉

Here's the clockwork theme now...

image.png.1e3093dc0be9aa0031a91177a42ce422.png

Note these are enlarged as well instead of at the actual resolution. I run multiple 4k monitors next to and above and below one another. Basically if I drop my resolution to 2k its viable but I use VS Code at the full 4k and the contrast settings, fonts, and colors are perfectly fine, easily readable, etc. Maybe its just me, lol. 😄 

Edit: Its likely that the times new roman on the white background just looks more washed out (like a gray instead of black), especially at higher resolutions.

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

Much better. Did you bold it?

Here's a full screen snap of what I see most of the time, prior to your fix, warning; it is a large image. Note also that resizing the popup does not actually resize the source code text area within it. 😉

image.png.1adefe890626f2ce0fb0a928280c746c.png

With your adjustments...

image.png.f49b15a950c3ab02281e3ad73f3fb318.png

4 hours ago, Eric said:

Yeah, no inline style blocks because security holes and yadda yadda yadda. If it's something that really adds value for everyone, we can incorporate it into the editor plugins and deliver consistently across all themes.

It would certainly be useful to allow us to incoporate banded tables within our posts, rather than having to apply the styles individually to every single row.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 6:57 PM, bwatford said:

You can do this, Ctrl-right click inside a table in the editor and choose Table Properties.  There you can set the table width to a pixels or percentage, control the border, etc.

Same inside cells, Ctrl-right click and choose cell properties.

nice, this works great for my needs. was just going to ask about this, lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...